IGNORED

7800 Super Pac-Man - I found the bug!

PacManPlus

Reading through the various posts on what Pac-Man people are hoping to see next, here is my 2 cents...

While Jr. Pac-Man would definitely be my choice of the next Pac-Man to be done, and Baby Pac-Man would be cool, I believe if Bob decides to port another Pac-Man again, the next step is Pac-Man & Chomp-Chomp (Also known as Pac & Pal). While it definitely is not the best Pac-Man game (IMHO), it is the closest to Super Pac-Man in design and layout:

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/pacnchmp

post-18-1225455203_thumb.pngpost-18-1225455206_thumb.png

post-18-1225455209_thumb.pngpost-18-1225455213_thumb.png

post-18-1225455216_thumb.pngpost-18-1225455220_thumb.png

post-18-1225455223_thumb.pngpost-18-1225455225_thumb.png

Personally though, I would love to see Donkey Kong improved with the added Intermissions, Pie/Factory Level, and Pokey Sound. Sticking with Pac-Man though, Jr. has my vote, while I know Pac-Man & Chomp-Chomp/Pal is the most logical.

Again, just my 2 cents.

-Trebor

Personally though, I would love to see Donkey Kong improved with the added Intermissions, Pie/Factory Level, and Pokey Sound. Sticking with Pac-Man though, Jr. has my vote, while I know Pac-Man & Chomp-Chomp/Pal is the most logical.

Again, just my 2 cents.

-Trebor

I'd love to see that too, but if anyone were going to give Bob trouble over this sort of thing, it'd be Nintendo.

On an unrelated note, I'd personally like to see a climbing game with a giant, let's say Lizard, where your... leapman, has to go up 4 different screens, including a cement/pie factory to rescue your... daughter from the lizard. The boards should play in an odd order (not 1,2,3,4) and you should be able to grab a club to bash descending... cans or spiky enemies (on a stage where you remove nails from girders). If only there were source material like that somewhere.

While Jr. Pac-Man would definitely be my choice of the next Pac-Man to be done, and Baby Pac-Man would be cool, I believe if Bob decides to port another Pac-Man again, the next step is Pac-Man & Chomp-Chomp (Also known as Pac & Pal). While it definitely is not the best Pac-Man game (IMHO), it is the closest to Super Pac-Man in design and layout:

Huh, I've never seen this game before. Here's the KLOV entry for Pac & Pal:

http://klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8952

Looks like an interesting game. :)

..Al

Personally though, I would love to see Donkey Kong improved with the added Intermissions, Pie/Factory Level, and Pokey Sound.

I agree completely.

I guess I'd just resigned myself to the fact that apparently no one has a 7800 DK disassembly, so they would basically have to code it from scratch - which would be great, but an enormous amount of work.

Personally though, I would love to see Donkey Kong improved with the added Intermissions, Pie/Factory Level, and Pokey Sound.

I agree completely.

I guess I'd just resigned myself to the fact that apparently no one has a 7800 DK disassembly, so they would basically have to code it from scratch - which would be great, but an enormous amount of work.

Maybe it's better that it's coded from scratch.

Allan

Huh, I've never seen this game before. Here's the KLOV entry for Pac & Pal:

http://klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8952

Looks like an interesting game. :)

..Al

If your interested in checking it out now, theres nice versions of it on Namco Museum for the Wii and on the Super Pac-Man stick that Jakks Pacific has released thats available at Wal-Marts, Targets, and such for $10-$15.

Edited by Atariboy

I believe if Bob decides to port another Pac-Man again, the next step is Pac-Man & Chomp-Chomp (Also known as Pac & Pal). While it definitely is not the best Pac-Man game (IMHO), it is the closest to Super Pac-Man in design and layout:

Maybe in layout, but smokescreen and tractor beams are new features that are not in Super Pacman. If it was a maze change, change in some logic to opening doors and removal of the energizers, it would be easy. It will take a little more work than making Ms Pacman to PMC.

Maybe in layout, but smokescreen and tractor beams are new features that are not in Super Pacman. If it was a maze change, change in some logic to opening doors and removal of the energizers, it would be easy. It will take a little more work than making Ms Pacman to PMC.

Good points. I wonder though is adding those features tougher or just as tough as making a horizontal scrolling maze (For Jr. Pac-Man). I sure wish I had the talent Bob has (Or any talent for that matter) in programming for the 7800.

-Trebor

If your interested in checking it out now, theres nice versions of it on Namco Museum for the Wii and on the Super Pac-Man stick that Jakks Pacific has released thats available at Wal-Marts, Targets, and such for $10-$15.

Pac 'n Pal is on the Wii version of Namco Museum? I didn't even realize that. I'll have to check it out since I have that game.

I saw the Namco stick with Pac and Pal on it. It looked pretty solid. It had Galaxian, and that's one my 7800/ 2600 collection doesn't quite fill my need for (althought the 2600 one is very impressive). Perhaps if Bob wants a break from PacMan he can hack Galaga into Galaxian?

Yeah. Ok.

I'm blinking. I just blinked again. Just thought you'd like to know.

I'm just trying to figure out why you're so grumpy??

I'm not grumpy. I hate it when people rolly eye as a comment.

The comment on your twitter feed is comedy gold. It assumes I will read the very feed that I made fun of to see the extra insult (unless someone else is currently douchbagging you). I tip my hat and bid you adieu. Have fun trick or treating.

Edited by Atarifever

Yeah. Ok.

I'm blinking. I just blinked again. Just thought you'd like to know.

I'm just trying to figure out why you're so grumpy??

I'm not grumpy. I hate it when people rolly eye as a comment.

The comment on your twitter feed is comedy gold. It assumes I will read the very feed that I made fun of to see the extra insult (unless someone else is currently douchbagging you). I tip my hat and bid you adieu. Have fun trick or treating.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

No harm no foul. Seriously, I don't want any enemies here.