IGNORED

dose anyone like the new slient hill?

dark 666

I want Homecoming very badly but my wife put her foot down. I have to finish both Origins and Silent Hill 3 before my wife will let me by anymore Silent Hill. So that will be my week I think.

Luckily she hasn't asked how many "new" games I have still in the shrinkwrap because I wouldn't be able to buy anymore games this year I think.

I want Homecoming very badly but my wife put her foot down. I have to finish both Origins and Silent Hill 3 before my wife will let me by anymore Silent Hill. So that will be my week I think.

Luckily she hasn't asked how many "new" games I have still in the shrinkwrap because I wouldn't be able to buy anymore games this year I think.

This is what gets me. Why are so many guys controlled by their wives? I don't get it. Mine actually backs me up and helps me when i need help. She's bought me alot of things. Things i didn't even see. Sometimes she'll point out something and ask me if i'm interested. She bought my Silent Hill Origins for me because she knew i wanted it. What i don't get is why so many women are against what we do. I read about men all the time that sold their stuff because their wife wanted them to. What was she going to do to him? Beat his azz if he didn't jump and do it?

Maybe she's just pointing out something that didn't occur to him. I often sometimes nearly do or buy something goofy when, at the last minute, some words of wisdom from my frankly better half brings me to my senses.

As for Silent Hill. I loved the original and that one with the floating dead (was it Silent Hill 4?) was interesting. Not paid much attention to this. Is it good? I liked the originality of the games I just listed but I've been noticing a lot of the same undead nurses in screenshots (and the film). Are we getting the same Silent Hill standards again or is there something new in the mix?

This is what gets me. Why are so many guys controlled by their wives? I don't get it. Mine actually backs me up and helps me when i need help. She's bought me alot of things. Things i didn't even see. Sometimes she'll point out something and ask me if i'm interested. She bought my Silent Hill Origins for me because she knew i wanted it. What i don't get is why so many women are against what we do. I read about men all the time that sold their stuff because their wife wanted them to. What was she going to do to him? Beat his azz if he didn't jump and do it?

My wife enables me more then anybody. She buys me the Jag games I simply think are too expensive to go for. It is always a surprise to get a game from her that she knows I wouldn't dare open when it costs so much. My wife doesn't control me at all and I don't control her. We have an equal marriage. What she does is tell me that she doesn't think I should buy the new Silent Hill because I have other Silent Hill games to finish. I am a SH fanatic and she knows I will get the game but she knows that if I do it will just take me even longer to get around to finishing the others. When it comes to new games in the shrinkwrap she thinks its a little ridiculous when I buy a new game for $60 and it costs $30 when I finally open it. So I could go buy the game if I wanted to. But I can't argue with right and she is right. We have been married for a long time so, whatever our formula, it works.

I bought a 360 for this game alone.

It is awesome but much harder than the others. I am not a fan of shoot-em ups at all, and tend to die a lot because unlike other SH games, it is absolutely essential to shoot some monsters, and only with a split second window of opportunity. The

The Smogs' music gives me unbelievable willies, and that is the best reason to play these games!

My wife enables me more then anybody. She buys me the Jag games I simply think are too expensive to go for. It is always a surprise to get a game from her that she knows I wouldn't dare open when it costs so much. My wife doesn't control me at all and I don't control her. We have an equal marriage. What she does is tell me that she doesn't think I should buy the new Silent Hill because I have other Silent Hill games to finish. I am a SH fanatic and she knows I will get the game but she knows that if I do it will just take me even longer to get around to finishing the others. When it comes to new games in the shrinkwrap she thinks its a little ridiculous when I buy a new game for $60 and it costs $30 when I finally open it. So I could go buy the game if I wanted to. But I can't argue with right and she is right. We have been married for a long time so, whatever our formula, it works.

Well thats good then. At leats she works with you. I read so muchg about others that have to quit their hobby of game collecting because the wife wishes it or doesn't like it. Mine doesn't care. Even if i have others to finish, she'd still get it because she knows that, in the end, i'll need to buy it anyway to have the whole set or at least before it becomes difficult to find.

Mr. Zero Punctuation wasn't thrilled with it, and that's all I need to know. :cool:
I've always had a hard time judging a game based on whether or not someone else likes it. I've had friends that liked a game i hated and they've sometimes hated a game i thought was good. Everyones different.

Normally, I would agree with you. Except ZP seems to think "exactly like me", and I have generally agreed 100% with his opinions of every game he's revied that I have played. So for me personally, I long ago started considering his opinion to be the word of God, and haven't been disappointed/suprized yet . :cool: