IGNORED

Your Most Embarassing Atari moments?

Miles Tails Prower

This is a note I found, that I made in the my first year of college (In my third now.) I was the only one to still like Atari, and I still remember all of these "wonderful" moments. I hope you all get a good laugh out of it!

"My most embarrasing Atari Moments."

20. Ever thinking that any system aside of the Sega Genesis and Dreamcast is better than the Atari 2600.

19. Constantly frying my 2600 with Pac-Man in it saying "Come on, where's the game?!?!?"

18. Having my Dad explain to me that WAS the game.

17. Thinking for a second that Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em was not disgusting. (My friend had this game, I was 11, his parents were rich and didnt care.)

16. Buying a SNES.

15. Falling asleep in class and when being woken up yelling "I HAVE KILLED THE QOTILE!"

14. Selling a loaner cartridge to a little kid for $70.

13. Getting caught putting the words "NINTENDO SUCKS AND ATARI RULES!!" on my math book with small shreds of duct-tape.

12. Getting caught trying to make my grandfather think he has bad vision by playing Keystone Kapers in Black and White.

11. Trying to make Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man into a double ender by duct-taping them together.

10. Getting caught playing Football outside with my Football cart. (It was only a spare...)

9. Trying to hide the fact from my parents that I bought Texas Chainsaw Massacre by ripping the sticker off of Boxing and putting it on there. Later my dad wanted to play Boxing... (No Joke!)

8. Throwing away a Ms. Pac-Man cart that probably just had dirty contacts. (I was young and stupid...)

7. Choosing a copy of Dragster over a copy of Crazy Climber. (Hey, I was just a little kid...)

6.Trying to baptise my cat. (Oops... wrong list...)

5. Giving a 2600 game to a Christian with a Happy Haunaka card on it. (Im not even Jewish!)

4. Wondering what the inside of " Malagai" looked like.

3. Winning as the black team on Football, 90-something to nothing... after realizing that the computer was the black team...

2. Losing to my dad on Fishing Derby.

and my most embarrassing Atari moment of all time.............

(yes, its an intense moment... if there was music here it would be... ya know... intense...)

.. ok, you get the picture:

Coming home from school, extremely mad and frustrated at a bad grade, tried to play Alex Kidd in Miracle World on my 2600.

Hope you like it!

My most embarrasing moment was when as a kid I threw a temper tantrum and threw three or four of my favorite carts against the wall and busted the cases. I have always had a terrible temper, and at one time all of my carts recieved this treatment, as well as my joysticks. Most of the carts survived, the joysticks not as much, but most of them held until I got an Nintendo. However, my research :roll: concluded that Nintendo controllers couldn't stand the wrath of Turnspike nearly as well as joysticks. NES controllers tend to bust into a hundred different pieces which never fit together quite right ever again.

Selling my Atari Stunt Cycle dedicated console (that I bought new in 1979 for $20) for $7 to a kid down the block before I moved in 1991. What the hell was I thinking? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! He probably threw the thing away after a while .. And now I am searching for a replacement in any condition! Damn! Damn!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Selling my Atari Stunt Cycle dedicated console (that I bought new in 1979 for $20) for $7 to a kid down the block before I moved in 1991.  What the hell was I thinking?  Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!  He probably threw the thing away after a while ..  And now I am searching for a replacement in any condition!  Damn!  Damn!

Daaaaang...

Most embarrassing moment.... Hmmm

Must have been the time that I invited this really cute guy over to my house to play Atari. I ended up getting a bit too carried away and beating the socks off him in every game! lol I really did try to let him win at first... but you know us atari fanatics get sometimes. Anyhoose I never talked to him again after that night, he never returned my calls or anything *sigh* I found out later he told everyone that I was a nutcase! LOL

Let this be a lesson to you girls out there... Let the guy win at least 55% of the time... after you snag him for good, then you can beat the pants off of him (and he might even enjoy it! :lol: )

Oh well, live and learn!

Tify

Hehe...that is too funny. But it sounds like that guy was probably just too..hmm...what's the word.....uncertain about his manhood.

I enjoy it when a lady isn't afraid to "let her hair down" and have fun at video games...or anything else for that matter.

Sure beats her saying "Oh no...I can't play that. I might break a nail." :D

Cap

15. Falling asleep in class and when being woken up yelling "I HAVE KILLED THE QOTILE!"

man that was the best one ever.

here is my kinda lame list and stuff.

Getting as many Donkey Kong carts as i could find thinking

that the version I had was only a demo (cause levels were missing and

the game didn't look as good as the arcade :P) and that any arcade

conversion was always perfect no matter what system it was on.

Same with pac man.

passing up a very cheap lynx when i was young because my aunt

already gave me a gameboy. (i had no clue the lynx was colour)

talking about jaguar games with friends only for them to tell me

"the 2600 can do that stuff?"

Talking about how great atari arcade games were then turn around

and make fun of a hoop it up basketball game calling it "stupid" and

a "piece of crap" and "total awfulness" only for me to be told

that it too was an atari machine.

crawling all over a value village floor looking for atari carts

trying to explain how great the jaguar was and when i was asked

by friends if they could play it, the only game I had was Club Drive

and out of pure stupidness, I showed them it. only to be teased about

it even now, even though i have fight for life and tempest 2k it still

wont change their now "hard coded" opinion about the jag.

thats all i can think of at this moment of time. the above was in

no particular order

Most embarrassing Atari moment? Easy. I got a game in the mail that would help round out my collection. I popped it into the Atari, just to see if it arrived working or not, and began to play. My wife, sitting nearby, did a double take as she saw the game.

"What the hell are you *playing?*" she demanded to know.

It never, *NEVER* dawned on me how she may react to "Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em." I honestly only saw it as yet another Atari game/bad Kaboom clone. She, however, had NO idea that adult titles existed for the Atari.

Talk about having to do some explaining on THAT one. Yipes.

Most embarrassing Atari moment? Easy. I got a game in the mail that would help round out my collection. I popped it into the Atari, just to see if it arrived working or not, and began to play. My wife, sitting nearby, did a double take as she saw the game.

"What the hell are you *playing?*" she demanded to know.

It never, *NEVER* dawned on me how she may react to "Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em." I honestly only saw it as yet another Atari game/bad Kaboom clone. She, however, had NO idea that adult titles existed for the Atari.

Talk about having to do some explaining on THAT one. Yipes.

Is this why she is so enthusiastic to point out non-XXX games when at Goodwill? ;)

I dont know how to exactly put this... so I'm just gonna say this straight out...

...caught a girl masturbating with a CX40.

Wow. Like really wow. Like I totally can't shake the picture in my head wow. Unless, of course, it was your sister. Ooooough! (Well, for you anyway. Still kinda wow for me.)

I've told this story before but i'm bored so here it is: :(

I'm at a flea market and there is a video game booth, its quite big and there are literally hundreds of video games for sale, old and new, from Nes, to Sega, Intellivision and yes Atari. All these 14 year old kids are looking at games for Playstation, I've got a box of Atari carts out looking thru them. One kid looks over at me and goes, " whats those?"

I say, " Atari games." :wink:

he goes, "Whats Atari?"... :roll:

I turn into a cloud of dust. Poof! I feel old.......I wobble and limp slowly away mumbling to myself... :sad:

But really I wanted to grab him and go, "You kids today, spoiled with your fancy graphics, when I was a kid we didn't have 128 bit graphics, we didn't have polygons, render rates, millions of colors, ram... and we liked it damn it, we loved it! We had 2 colors, no 1 color, no sound, no graphics, we just stared at a bunch of blinking letters on the screen and chewed "hubba-bubba" till our gums bled. And if we turned off the Atari, we couldnt continue from where we left off, noooooo, we had start all over again!!" :x

;)

Is this what you're talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1376285545

Cap

Sadly yes ! But I had trashed the box years ago .. and I also cut the RF cord to all my Atari consoles (2600, Video Pinball, Stunt Cycle, Atari 800)and had installed RCA jacks on the backs instead. I hated having all my Atari consoles with teathers.

{still kicking self in rear for selling Stunt Cycle}

This thing was so bad, the boards on the inside were VISIBLY corroding due to rust just looking through the plastic. My friend Dan thinks that it was probably dunked under water. $36 + $8 shipping on ePay, and the seller refuses to take a return or give a refund. Caveat emptor. On the upside I tested the power supply that came with it and it works, so I have a spare for trade or maybe to eventually sell on ePay myself.

I dont know how to exactly put this... so I'm just gonna say this straight out...

...caught a girl masturbating with a CX40.

I wonder if she's moved up to the dual shock controller...

Okay that should be about as much detail as you need.

In text maybe, but pictures would be nice. ;-)