IGNORED

Wii clone?....not quite. It's the ZONE!

vrocko

Well they've started making clones of the Wii already. I saw the ZONE at the Dollar General Store today. It's kind of a cross between the Wii and a Mac in appearance only. The inside is probably stock parts. It's a 16-bit system with 7 installed sports games Boxing, Tennis, Table Tennis, Bowling, Golf, Soccer and Baseball. It's $49 at DGS but here's a site that's selling it for $70! http://www.dynamic-living.com/product/zone...eo-game-system/ Not worth the price but interesting as just a side note in the videogame realm. It's probably more like that Xanix system that Toys R' Us used to sell with the controllers that looked like a baseball bat, bowling ball, tennis racket, etc. If you happen to see one check it out. Didn't weigh very much at all. Borrowed a picture from one I found on the Web. "You cannot add more games or accessories later." per the ad on the site above. :sad: It'll probably be in the discount bin after Christmas.

Rich

post-16374-1224010270_thumb.jpg

Edited by vrocko

yep. I saw commercials the other day for a wii knock off and to be honest, it looked better than Wii-sports. This is one thing that MS and Sony won't have to deal with, knock off competition.

But again, I'm probably the only person that thinks it sad that a crap knock off can produce close to the same caliber of games, at least visually?

Edited by Atari5200

the Zone is a wireless NES clone with a bunch of pirated games in it. I had the version that was called the InfraZone 2008, and ditched it. Sold it on the chuckwagon as a novelty not a real gaming system. Unless I am totally wrong, the controllers act like normal joypads and have no motion sensing in it at all.

Haven't seen the other one above, UltiMotion, looks like it might be a Vii clone (clone of a clone?).

Nathan

yep. I saw commercials the other day for a wii knock off and to be honest, it looked better than Wii-sports. This is one thing that MS and Sony won't have to deal with, knock off competition.

But again, I'm probably the only person that thinks it sad that a crap knock off can produce close to the same caliber of games, at least visually?

Another one who does not get the Wii is not about the graphics...sigh...

• 6 months later...
the Zone is a wireless NES clone with a bunch of pirated games in it. I had the version that was called the InfraZone 2008, and ditched it. Sold it on the chuckwagon as a novelty not a real gaming system. Unless I am totally wrong, the controllers act like normal joypads and have no motion sensing in it at all.

Haven't seen the other one above, UltiMotion, looks like it might be a Vii clone (clone of a clone?).

Nathan

I found one of these in a thrift store .It does indeed have motion sensors in both controllers .The Boxing games is actually fun for a few minutes and uses both controllers ,The other games are Arcade ports which use one controller. You can use the motion set up or use the controllers like normal pads.

I think the Stix is just an alternative controller for the PC, and not a true clone, looks cool though, If I see one, I'll definately pick it up (even if it is some clone,I'll bet firmware will come out quick to let you use it on other things)

• 1 year later...

Went to CVS the other day and saw another Zone system. I know there's a Zone 40 out there but this one was a Zone 60. 11 interactive games that are supposedly 32-bit and 49 arcade games. This was the Special Metallic edition Zone, Oooooooo....:-) There's two controllers, the system, AC adapter, video cord and you get attachments for the controllers, a baseball bat, tennis racket and golf club. Sorry no pictures. They've got mini-golf on there that I thought about trying but not for $39.99. I picked up the box and it was light as a feather. What do they make these out of Styrofoam? They also had a Zone-Mini. A pocket sized version of the system. 35 games on there from what it said. That one was only $19.99. Still the plug and play from Walgreens was the best. $10 for 50 games and some of them were actually really good. Must be getting close to Christmas.

Rich

• 3 months later...