IGNORED

atari 5200 adapter for trade.

27ace27

• 7 months later...
Does anybody need an atari 5200 adapter? I have one for trade, I need; an atari 400 adapter, AV adapter, and any peripherals, cords, or accessories. thanks in advance.

What atari 5200 adapter are you talking about-- AC adapter, joystick adapter, Wico-Y cable adapter, A/V adapter (if there is one), etc.?

AC adapter

If it's 4-port, I'll trade you for the Atari 400 ac adapter.

The 4port and 2port use the same power supply despite what they may say on the label.

Mitch

I need to go by the label since I have no evidence that overrides the fact of voltage differences. Are you stating that if I measure the voltage output that they would be the same on both or that both machines can handle both types of AC adapters?

I need to go by the label since I have no evidence that overrides the fact of voltage differences. Are you stating that if I measure the voltage output that they would be the same on both or that both machines can handle both types of AC adapters?
The console's internal voltage regulator (a 7805) can handle a wide range of DC voltage from around eight upwards of thirty, although I'd try staying as low as possible. I'm currently using an adapter for an IBM thinkpad on my two-port which outputs about sixteen volts, but its the correct polarity, provides adequate amps and the plug fits. Edited by Prodos8

AC adapter

The 4port and 2port use the same power supply despite what they may say on the label.

Mitch

I am saying that the 5200 power supplies are identical if you measure the voltage. As Prodos8 mentioned the voltage regulator can handle a larger range of voltages than you think but I would recommend you stick with either of the 5200 branded power supplies.

Mitch

AC adapter

Mitch

I am saying that the 5200 power supplies are identical if you measure the voltage. As Prodos8 mentioned the voltage regulator can handle a larger range of voltages than you think but I would recommend you stick with either of the 5200 branded power supplies.

Mitch

So if I measure the voltage after it goes through the regulator, it'll be the same.

AC adapter

what? it's just the adapter, says "atari use only with model CX5200)

I was asking for voltage amount but anyway since they both work we can still trade. Or if you want to trade for A5200 cartridges, that's fine as well. I am looking for Megamania and Star Wars: Arcade Game.

AC adapter

what? it's just the adapter, says "atari use only with model CX5200)

I was asking for voltage amount but anyway since they both work we can still trade. Or if you want to trade for A5200 cartridges, that's fine as well. I am looking for Megamania and Star Wars: Arcade Game.

all I want is the adapter pleez!

Stay with the 9.3 VDC adapter. I have had too many bad experiences with the 11.5 vdc where the power supply just doesn't work. The 9.3 vdc is the only adapter i will use on both of mine. I have both 2 and 4 port. :)

Sounds like you had a bad power supply. I've had plenty of both that worked just fine.

Mitch

The console's internal voltage regulator (a 7805) can handle a wide range of DC voltage from around eight upwards of thirty, although I'd try staying as low as possible. I'm currently using an adapter for an IBM thinkpad on my two-port which outputs about sixteen volts, but its the correct polarity, provides adequate amps and the plug fits.

I just tried the Thinkpad adapter for Atari 5200 4-port and it works fine. Didn't test for many hours to see long time impact.

If yours is bad, could be the fuses...there are fuses inside the adapters, been awhile, but I think the screws to open the case are under the rubber feet...

I really hate configurations like that, the screws to take it apart are under plastic feet that I always completely ruin, that and labels, screws under those are worse

Stay with the 9.3 VDC adapter. I have had too many bad experiences with the 11.5 vdc where the power supply just doesn't work. The 9.3 vdc is the only adapter i will use on both of mine. I have both 2 and 4 port. :)

Sounds like you had a bad power supply. I've had plenty of both that worked just fine.

Mitch

More like bad power supplies. Don't get me wrong but I have had nothing but trouble out of the 11.5vdc adapters. I would say out of the ones I have had 7 out of 10 were bad. I have yet to have a problem out of the 9.3vdc adapters. Probably coincidence but to me it's bad luck with them. :)

• 9 months later...

STILL here and STILL in need of a 400 adapter. Just checked, it is STILL in my closet, and it is an 11.5 volt version, and it works.

I'm confused by all these threads about this needed 400 power supply. Instead of going on for literally years about this, why not just buy one from Best Electronics as several people have already suggested?

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

STILL here and STILL in need of a 400 adapter. Just checked, it is STILL in my closet, and it is an 11.5 volt version, and it works.

I'm confused by all these threads about this needed 400 power supply. Instead of going on for literally years about this, why not just buy one from Best Electronics as several people have already suggested?

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

I just might do that, but I'd rather get something that I don't need out to someone that does need it for something I do need first, If I cannot get the trade, I guess I'll be stuck with this one! and If an admin or moderator could delete all of my topics with similar titles, that would be great.

Edited by 27ace27

I just might do that, but I'd rather get something that I don't need out to someone that does need it for something I do need first, If I cannot get the trade,

After well over a year of trying and asking, I'd sure as heck as gone the easy route by now and get it all over with!!