IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED this week? New Top Ten

cvga

I received my OSU: The Streak cart this week (thanks AtariDogs) and plugged it in for a few minutes to enjoy. As I was finishing up, my 9 year old stopped by and wanted to play some Atari. She specifically wanted to play SeaWolf since she considers herself to be the world record holder (that's another thread) from years ago but tired of it after about 10 minutes. I had a few homebrews by the atari so we mostly played Berzerk: Voice Enhanced and Ladybug instead. As she was playing, I was thinking that accumulating the total minutes played on a game would be a better way to calculate a periodic Top 10. Here's our tally...

LadyBug 35 minutes

Berzerk 25 minutes

OSU (TS) 18 minutes

SeaWolf 9 minutes

Reply with what you actually play this week (along with the time) and I'll sum up the times and produce a Top 10 each Sunday night (starting on the 26th).

I plugged in my Atari this week for the first time in about 11 years. Out of my 152 games, I played (most of them briefly) all but one of them. Carnival simply won't work.

But... for games that I actually spent considerable time playing, they are listed below - with a total estimate of actual time played.

ADVENTURE - 2 HOURS

HAUNTED HOUSE - 1.5 HOURS

PRESSURE COOKER - 1 HOUR

PITFALL - 1 HOUR

SNEAK 'N PEEK - 1 HOUR (MY FIVE-YEAR-OLD & THREE-YEAR-OLD LOVE IT!)

BOXING - 45 MINUTES

SEAQUEST - 45 MINUTES

INDY 500 - 30 MINUTES

REAL SPORTS FOOTBALL - 30 MINUTES

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - 30 MINUTES

Well this week was first time in a about 4 years I hooked up a real 2600. I didn't play all that much though. Just tried out games I came across to see how they were or if they worked. In no special order and none I played more than 10 minutes. I made room in my office to have an old TV to be setup that I am planning to use to test out old equipment on and to play of course.

KLAX

Submarine Commander

Super Ferrari

Motocross

Skeet Shoot

Dumbo

Snoopy and the Red Baron

Air Raid

Pigs in Space

Good thread.....

I must have played Riddle of the Sphinx for a couple hours, then Pitfall for a bit, but, my biggest passions right now are

Star Raiders (with keypad)

Solaris

Super Football

River Raid

The best thing about it is my 12 y/o son gets off the PS3 or WII to come watch and join in!!!

Do only Atari 2600 games count or any type of game?

In the case that any type of game counts, here's mine...

Gate-Empire (game revolving around Stargate) 13 1/2 hours

Dino Run (Online Flash Game) 3 hours

Dino eggs (Apple II version, emulated in MESS) 125 minutes

Pitfall! (for HSC competition, emuated on Stella) 80 minutes

Buck Rogers - Planet of zoom (2600 version, emulated in Stella) 68 minutes

Stargate Role playing game (in a forum, in German) 53 minutes

Elevator action (Arcade version, emulated in MAME) 42 minutes

Popeye (emulated in Stella) 40 minutes

Berzerk (Open GL version) 10 minutes

Prince of Persia demo (emulated in Stella) 4 minutes

Ballblazer demo (emulated in Stella) 1 minute

Who keeps track of how long they play a game? Who even looks at a clock before playing? Seems like it would kill the mood. If I would look at a clock, it would remind me of all of the other more important things I haven't done yet and I'd end up never playing a game for the rest of my life.

Who keeps track of how long they play a game? Who even looks at a clock before playing? Seems like it would kill the mood. If I would look at a clock, it would remind me of all of the other more important things I haven't done yet and I'd end up never playing a game for the rest of my life.

Estimates are fine. In our case, we played until my daughter's bedtime. Not replying is fine also. I certainly don't want to kill the mood for you ;)

I played a couple of hours yesterday, a good chunk of that was divided by Ladybug, Seaquest, and Ice Hockey with some time going to Spider Fighter, Phoenix, Circus Atari, Stampede, Asteroids, Stargate, Keystone Kapers, and 7800 Asteroids, Centipede, Dig Dug, Food Fight (a lot of time went to food fight actually), Donkey Kong, and Ms Pacman

Edited by AtariLeaf

Funny you should ask, I played a lot this week. But I enjoy playing a large variety quick games, so I am only listing those that I played for 15 minutes or more tho to keep the list shorter.

Millipede - 45

Star Fire (The best home brew for 2600 IMHO) - 45

Yars Revenge (new high score, yeah! 246,757)- 30

Quickstep (I played it with my 10 year old daughter, she loves it, gives me a headache) - 30

Beamrider - 30

Pitfall! - 20

Smurf - 20

Missle Command - 20

Tapper - 15

HERO - 15

I do love the 2600..... :P

Edited by atari_envy