IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED this week? New Top Ten

cvga

Week 3 Results: Couple of homebrews lead the way followed by a swarm of classics...

1. Starfire (2600) 420 minutes

2. Juno First (2600 release candidate) 406

3. Ms. Pacman (2600) 240

4. Popeye (2600) 180

5. Park Patrol (c-64) 160

6. SwordQuest - Earthworld (2600) 120

7. Star Wars - TESB (2600) 90

8. Ice Hockey (2600) 85

9. Dragster (2600) 60

9. Jr. Pacman (2600) 60

9. Space Invaders (2600) 60

Still breaking in some homebrews that I've had for awhile...

Swoopes - 30 minutes (the kids and I liked Splatform the best)

Warring Worms the Return - 10 minutes

AVCStech challenge - 20 minutes (we never had to do anything other than jump or duck spears)

Go Fish - 25 minutes

Coke Wins - 21 minutes

Kaboom: 45 minutes (Finally broke the 3,000 barrier and earned the patch -- which I already have)

Missle Command: 1 hour (Man, I love this game)

HERO: 45 minutes (Barely got a new high score, but I can't get past level 10)

Pitfall: 30 minutes (Still best game ever)

Pitfall 2: 30 minutes (Probably would have been my favorite if I had played it in my youth)

Chopper Command: 30 minutes

Several others for less than 15 minutes (Adventure, Quadrun, Robot Tank, Stampede, Room of Doom). I am hopelessly addicted. Must. Have. More.....

I was playing via emulator on PSP last night in bed!!!

Communist Mutants from Space (30 mins) (1st time ever and wow cool game!!!)

Artillery Duel (30 mins) (xonox)

Chuck Norris (15 mins) (xonox)

Megamania (30 mins) (as usual)

Othello (30 mins) (as usual)

Edited by Noelio

Kaboom: 45 minutes (Finally broke the 3,000 barrier and earned the patch -- which I already have)

Missle Command: 1 hour (Man, I love this game)

HERO: 45 minutes (Barely got a new high score, but I can't get past level 10)

Pitfall: 30 minutes (Still best game ever)

Pitfall 2: 30 minutes (Probably would have been my favorite if I had played it in my youth)

Chopper Command: 30 minutes

Several others for less than 15 minutes (Adventure, Quadrun, Robot Tank, Stampede, Room of Doom). I am hopelessly addicted. Must. Have. More.....

Oh God it would be so funny to send in a polaroid of your high score to the current activision address!!!

I actually thought about making a copy of the 2600 warranty card & receipt I have and sending them in to the old Atari address and Infogrames.

Let's see if I can remember everything....

Dragster - 60 min

Swordquest Fireworld - 240 min (Has anyone actually gotten all the clues in this game? Clue 5 is actually not possible to get in my estimation as you have to drop off the item that makes the 2nd challenge room beatable in the 1st room)

Frogs & Flies - 30 min

Reactor - 30 min

Seaquest - 15 min

Boxing - 15 min

Asteroids Deluxe 7800 - 60 min

Space Duel 7800 - 60 min

Fast Food - 15 min

Super Breakout 5200 - 30 min

Note to everyone: don't forget to include your estimated times in minutes so he can effectively tally! :)

Peace

Edited by midnight magicman

I play about 15 minutes a day of Adventure with my son, right before his bath time. He refers to it as "the dragon game." He's 4, and he can get all the way through level 1 by himself. When I get him set up with a joystick, I'll unleash him on level 2. :)

His other favorite game is "the two eyes monster game." Hunt the Wumpus. He can't really play that game; he just watches me play a couple rounds.

The majority of my Atari game time is spent play testing homebrews. (Unfortunately it's often play testing when I should be coding.) Just got done playing an hour of Stellar Overlord. Stellar Overlord is what Master of Arcturus will become, if anyone remembers that game. I owe you guys a blog update.

Oh God it would be so funny to send in a polaroid of your high score to the current activision address!!!

I actually thought about making a copy of the 2600 warranty card & receipt I have and sending them in to the old Atari address and Infogrames.

lol. I have that thought every time I look through my Atari collection and see the post cards offers, subscription cards, and "drop us a line to let us know how you are doing" comments. Would I get a "Return to Sender" or would it end up on somebody's desk? :D

And for Christmas, I am going to take advantage of this "exclusive" offer and pick a new copy of Crazy Climber and Atari Video Cube. Might as well throw in the coffee mug and the Atari scarf.

atari_club_christmas.jpg

I never spend the amount of time some do. Thats one of the reasons I love Atari - short bursts of gaming fun. Otherwise you're getting into WOW territory. So anyway, this past week was spent playing a little Circus Atari, Asteroids, Ice Hockey, Bump & Jump on the 2600 and Food Fight, Donkey Kong, and Ms Pac Man on the 7800