IGNORED

Stero Double CMC (SDCMC for download)

Poison

There is SDCMC from Datri. But As I wrote is a bit bugy (its only beta). But If some one want to finished it I will be happy and lucky:) in Image are SDCMC and may of my music *.cms . To disk meny press shift + esc (or ctrl+esc I dont remember it as well:) ) Than press 1-8 for drive select. after music sellection pres ctrl+L to load. But be patient It is not working everytime well. After first time sdcmc load press reset because some channels are not initialised.

I dont know where is the problem, but on AtariWin 4 emulator is problem with diskboot. Better is boot dos on disk drive 1 and attach sdcmc to drive 2 and load it.

SDCMC.zip

There is SDCMC from Datri. But As I wrote is a bit bugy (its only beta). But If some one want to finished it I will be happy and lucky:) in Image are SDCMC and may of my music *.cms . To disk meny press shift + esc (or ctrl+esc I dont remember it as well:) ) Than press 1-8 for drive select. after music sellection pres ctrl+L to load. But be patient It is not working everytime well. After first time sdcmc load press reset because some channels are not initialised.

I dont know where is the problem, but on AtariWin 4 emulator is problem with diskboot. Better is boot dos on disk drive 1 and attach sdcmc to drive 2 and load it.

you are my new hero!! i just booted this up on my 600XL and it sounds great! i'm using MYDOS 4.5 on D:1 in APE and SDCMC on D:2. this is soo awesome! thanks for sharing this! i hope that a finished version is in the works by someone somewhere! i'm not much of a programmer but please let us know if someone does finish this. it's a great program! thanks again!

[edit] also, after messing with it for a bit, i've noticed that the program freezes when i try to save a song... i have to do a cold reset to get back to the normal program. is there another way to save since there is an alternate way to load? in the original CMC, you would go into the "song" window and type "control-L" to load but in this if i do that it freezes. so i tried "Shift+ESC" and that got me to the load screen... so, is there a "save" screen as well? or can i not save?

Edited by athleos

You must wrote name of the song in the main editor than press esc. Than press shift+esc and in the disk menu press ctrl+S to save your music. Save works ok, but loading is sometimes bad (after load music doesnt load, but than press "space" is loaded next music from saved songs, you must do it again and again, its really only BETA:( :( ) And I forgot on another error, when you are tri to readress music for your program sometimes is music badly saved to disk. SDCMC is not tested with Sio2PC or SIO2SD and other upgrades. I work with sdcmc only on emulator or real atari with real floppy disk.

If someone want to finished this great music editor, try to ask DATRI for sourcecode.

ok. it seems I am too stupid...

first I have set in Atari800win the "capture STRG+ESC" as keystroke. then I booted dos 2.5, loaded the tracker and then press STR+ESC, disc menu appears where to select drive and then Atari800win crashes... same in D2...???

H: patch must be switched off...

F.

Jesus... of course you have to jump with TAB to the 3rd window ("nr. left, right") and press CTRL+P.

and yes, better to to press reset after first starting of the tracker...

ok...now I know why I am not missing CMC after hearing some songs... due to the mentioned sound bank they all sound similar... ;) like the old demos from the 90s... ;)

Edited by Heaven/TQA

ok...now I know why I am not missing CMC after hearing some songs... due to the mentioned sound bank they all sound similar... ;) like the old demos from the 90s... ;)

most likely due to the fact that they were all done by the same person. 1.) you don't have to use said sound bank and 2.) i think that the argument could be made that all POKEY music sounds the same. the reason that i like this app so much is because it's user-friendly and has more than one detailed manual on how to use it floating around. TMC2 would be great if i could figure out how to use it with the relative ease i use CMC. i don't know man, to each his own i guess.. :P

That's why I love Greg's tracks...his MPTs and later TMCs were brilliant... ;) imho most of his tracks sound different... sad that he does not do any music for TQA anymore...

but we have Miker and X-Ray!

yeah, i would agree that those tracks are brilliant and i would agree that of all the music apps, TMC2 and MPT are a lot more powerful than the various versions of CMC but i take what i can get at this point! beggars can't be choosers! :D

That's why I love Greg's tracks...his MPTs and later TMCs were brilliant... ;) imho most of his tracks sound different... sad that he does not do any music for TQA anymore...

but we have Miker and X-Ray!

Where can I hear some of Greg's tracks Heaven? I'm not sure if I've ever heard any before.

Can do SDCMC this in stereo:

-playing high notes without yelling

-interchanging instruments (on high notes)

-not making the listener thinking about standing stare on a high voltage cable

or in short: making pokey sounding as soft as possible, without losing focus of the "real" instruments?

and at least "A digi channell , a horse for a digi channel" :-)

@Heaven: Ah, yes, I'm familiar with the "Voice of Silence" series. Greg definitely has solid Pokey sequencing skills. However, I must confess that I still give preference to X-Ray. X-Ray has better compositional style, and melodies. He also makes really good use of pitch bending and echo effects.

@Pseudografx & Raster: Thanks for directing me back to the SAP archive. I had previously thought this was solely devoted to culling tunes from a-8 games, etc. Nice to find many tunes from Greg, X-Ray, and many others. However, I noticed that some tunes such as: Boremloza (Numen) and Typewriter (Total Daze), were not in "stereo" form here. Anywhere to obtain these in original form?