IGNORED

Which is better?

Tickled_Pink

I think what you may want to look at differently is what downloadable content is available. Also, I'm pretty sure songs from Rock Band 1 are compatible with 2, the downloadable songs. That is what I would really care about and I think for the time being Rock Band wins that fight.

I would be gun shy about Guitar hero based on the other ones I own and played. Most of the songs I didn't recognize or totally never heard of, most of the songs were not my type of song, for me being a fan of rock and roll, heavy metal, etc. Rock Band suits me more..in my opinion anyway. But that's going to change when Guitar Hero Metallic is released. I absolutely cannot wait for that game.

Edited by Atari5200

I've played all of them since the beginning and Rock Band is the way to go. The team that inherited Guitar Hero is doing a good job though so I have to say its a matter of taste and a matter of how the controls feel for you. (Rockband is easier than Guitar Hero IMO. I have both games.)

Edited by cimerians

I've played all of them since the beginning and Rock Band is the way to go. The team that inherited Guitar Hero is doing a good job though so I have to say its a matter of taste and a matter of how the controls feel for you. (Rockband is easier than Guitar Hero IMO. I have both games.)

I love the idea of guitar hero... i played it the first time a couple years ago....

My wife got me GH3 this past christmas... and boy, do i stink at it.

Is it just me or is GH3 alot harder then GH 1 and 2? I mean i had an easier

time beating the last boss in then game then i did with the song

raining blood... and that was on easy!

I think I'm gonna skip GH:WT... to bad i like the game...

but i think it's just to damn hard....

-rick

I'd say Rock Band.

It gives folks that might not be coordinated enough to tackle the guitar or drums a chance to play the game.

They can sing!!!

They can do that in WT as well.

Anyway. Still dunno. The drum kit in Rockband 2 looks more realistic, with an extra cymbal over the one on WT. But ... hmmm ....

And yeah ... GH3 is harder than GH2 or GH1. GH2 has it just right IMO - GH3 sucks in comparison.

Edited by Tickled_Pink

I'd say Rock Band.

It gives folks that might not be coordinated enough to tackle the guitar or drums a chance to play the game.

They can sing!!!

My bad. I haven't played any of the GH except in the demos at places like Best Buy and all they had were the guitar. They must have added the other instruments after Rock Band came out??

We played the first Rock Band a couple weeks ago on the PS2 and let me tell you, it was really fun. I didn't really like the drums too much. (Mainly the foot pedal, it wore me out!!!) I mainly p[layed the guitar, but my GF had a BLAST and she doesn't usually like too many video games. She played the drums. The song selection was top notch. My understanding is that if you get Rock Band 2 and have Rock Band 1 as well as the down-loadable content, you can potentially have 100's and 100's of songs to play because you can use any Rock Band song with any version of the game. I plan on snagging Rock Band 2 when it's available with the instruments and getting some of the additional songs.

I'd say Rock Band.

They can sing!!!

Anyway. Still dunno. The drum kit in Rockband 2 looks more realistic, with an extra cymbal over the one on WT. But ... hmmm ....

And yeah ... GH3 is harder than GH2 or GH1. GH2 has it just right IMO - GH3 sucks in comparison.

I guess i'll have to pick up GH2... my GH3 gamerscore is only 55! :ponder: :x :ponder:

I hear GH:Aerosmith is a little easier too.

rick

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely say Rock Band 2 is the way to go. Not only do you get 80 something songs with the game, you can purchase original Rock Band used at a Gamestop, pay $4.99 to download all the content into your Rock Band 2, then return used Rock band because they have a 7 day return policy. I am not sure if you can get cash, but they will let you exchange it for something else. Use the money to buy Xbox Live points and go download more Rock Band 2 songs.

By Christmas there will be 500 or more songs you can download!

Walmart has an exclusive AC/DC track pack with 18 songs, but unfortunately I didn't know all the tracks were live. Oh well I bought it anyway. You can import them into Rock Band 2 also.

Despite the fact that they are live, the AC/DC track pack really does sound good. Lotsa kick in that sucker. Although I was dissapointed with the rest of the package. I hope they don't do this with their "beatles" release later on.

GHWT has a much better balance of songs IMHO, although I do not know if it is any harder/easier than GH3.

Once Rock Band came out I never went back to GH and never intend to even try the new stuff out.

I will say this.. the cymbals add-on for RB2 are a let down. First off, they come in a 2-pack and you can add 3 total. Would have been nice to have them sold in a 3-pack. So, you'll have to buy 2 packs of cymbals ($60) and have one as a spare. Second, they don't add one, two, or three new things to hit. They REPLACE the pads you already hit, so if you hit the green drum it'll make a drum sound, but hit green cymbal you get cymbal sound.

I have RB 1. Really dig it.

I've heard complaints about the GHWT drum kits because the foot pedal is not fixed to the kit, and as a result, when stomping on it it slides around on you. Most dont care for the idea of shoving a weight or stack of books behind it to hold in place as ideal.

I'm torn between the two though. My favorite band Tool has 3 tracks on GHWT. Its a total unheard of thing for Tool, as they never release the rights to their music for anybody. Even the stage art direction is taking from artist Alex Grey (Tool uses his artwork as inspiration for album covers and the stage as well)