IGNORED

Far Cry 2 - got it!

Rybags

One of the advantages of living here when they have global synchronised releases - we get stuff 8-18 hours ahead of the EU and US.

It was supposed to be out tomorrow but apparently stores have been letting it go early, so I now have my copy bought, installed and registered.

FC2Inst.jpg

Played it for a while... it is... very different from Far Cry, and different to what I expected.

I get the feeling this malaria thing might start to majorly suck.

I've got a bit of video, once I convert to XVid, I'll upload somewhere and post again.

This game looks kick ass.

I loved Instincts Predator on the 360.

I will no doubt get this one as well.

Currently, I'm not buying any new games till I knock a few of the ones on my " To Play" list.

Since I'm a Huge RPG fan, that might be awhile.

No aliens.

It's Far Cry in name. Plays more like something like Stalker or CoD.

Feels kinda weird in many ways. Has some annoyances, such as the widescreen being cropped vertically instead of expanded horizontally, having it drop out of sprint when sidestepping, and vehicular control lacking feel.

I've played probably 3-4 hours and have barely scratched the surface.

There's a mixed bag of comments going around, some love it, some don't like it. If they release a demo, I'd advise to try before you buy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it for PC.

As a huge Farcry fan I can say that Farcay2 isn't as good as the original. FC2 looks great but, it's almost too open and you can get lost and not know what to do very easy. You can't really approch the enemies like you could in the original, it gets linear when you have to go to a certain place at a certain time. The ememies are dumb too...like what we saw in the console versions of Farcry.

I like it though but Farcry is still the better game.

Edited by ManShowBoy

I never finished the original Far Cry and in fact had uninstalled it from my PC.

I was curious to check it out with my new graphics card, so I installed the game again. But when I tried to install the 1.4 patch, I got to a menu in the install where clicking on Next did nothing. So I couldn't patch the game. So I uninstalled it. Again. Bummer.

Doubt I'll buy FC2. Now, FEAR is another matter... I've played through all three of those games and will grab Project Origin when it comes out.