IGNORED

Incoming! Label Contest

Albert

incomingcontest.jpgThose of you who keep tabs on the Atari 2600 homebrew scene may be familiar with Incoming! We first posted news about the game back in 2001, and author Ben Larson announced a final version of the game earlier this year. If you've ever played Artillery Duel on the 2600 (not to mention many similar games on various systems and computers over the years), then you'll be right at home with Incoming! Ben has addressed many of Artillery Duel's shortcomings with Incoming!, resulting in a much improved gameplay experience!

AtariAge and Ben Larson are sponsoring a contest to create original artwork for Incoming! This label artwork will appear on all copies of Incoming!, which will be released at the beginning of December in the AtariAge Store. This artwork will also be featured on the cover of the manual created for Incoming! You can learn more about the contest and what you need to do to enter here.

Submissions must be received by 11:59pm on November 16th, 2008!

You have to be brave to run a label contest these days! The quality of entries for the recent Lead contest was so high that I would have found it impossible to pick a winning entry.

You're right, I was quite impressed with the variety and quality of the entries for that contest. I don't think that's a bad problem to have. :) This will probably be the last 2600 label contest for a while (not sure I've ever run two back-to-back before).

..Al

Thanks for the tip-off Albert... I gave the game a play today, and got cracking on the drawing board. Just tossing up whether to go digital or analog for the illustration this time around... I think the watercolour paints could use some exercise...

Great, look forward to seeing your entry (or entries!) :D

..Al

I can't wait for this one. I had a game of this type on the 'ol amiga ages ago (can't remember the name,) that was my fave of the genre. From what I've read, seems like the lowly 2600 is getting a darn good version.

Yeah, I love games of this nature as well. There's an old DOS game of this nature that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of--I'm sure someone here will remind me of it. I spent MANY hours playing it.. It's great to have an improved version of this genre for the 2600. :)

..Al

I can't wait for this one. I had a game of this type on the 'ol amiga ages ago (can't remember the name,) that was my fave of the genre. From what I've read, seems like the lowly 2600 is getting a darn good version.

Yeah, I love games of this nature as well. There's an old DOS game of this nature that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of--I'm sure someone here will remind me of it. I spent MANY hours playing it.. It's great to have an improved version of this genre for the 2600. :)

..Al

You're probably thinking of Scorched Earth. Great freeware game and its been updated to 3D: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/

I'm out.

I don't like the tank I drew in last week and these days I can't find time to another try...

And the label must be professional, I don't will send an entry just for send.

Anyway I want to see what people is working :)

I have a few initial entries I will post shortly. Hopefully they will encourage others to participate. :) :)

..Al

I have a couple entries to send to AL. Been done for a week or so..

I have a few ideas and a few days off work to get more done or cleaned up.

Wonder how many ppl entered so far? :ponder:

The entries will be posted today, I promise. Just a few more things to do and then I'll get them posted up.

Please feel free to send in the entries you have completed so far, I'll make sure they get posted up right away!

..Al