IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

So guys, should I have taken that mission or not?

Only if you wanted too, otherwise, no, it doesn't matter.

Whether you accepted it or not doesn't even change the outcome of the mission as best as I can tell anyways, everyone seems to up dead regardless. So just go back and loot the bodies. That's all you would have been doing anyways.

Nope still nothing. my medical skill sits at 38 with mentats. When I look at the Wests... and activate on them, it just tells me there is nothing else to be found. And still no change in the dialog with the old guy.

Yeah, you need much higher med skill then that.

But as it turns out, it's irrelelvnt.

The only other thing I found that I hadn't found before in the Seneca station was the Food machine.

I kept on forgetting about certain things, assuming they were non interactive. I STILL make that mistake despite playing it like half a dozen times. :|

To that end, there is away to get to where you to need to go from here (I only just discovered that myself yesterday). Tho honestly, if your not combat ready enough, you might want to come back to this later anyways.

But if you want to try, look around a little bit more. You're getting warmer, but it's not right there. There are a couple of places down there where you need to watch your rad's. You going to be looking for the hotter spot, where it starts going up 6+/sec. You'll probably be offered a mission too while you're down here.

Edited by Artlover

Ah, right. I keep forgetting about those damned things. Yeah, you CAN get "there" from there afterall. :dunce: Tho it's easier to just go there directly. ;)

So I was remembering that correctly. That

manhole cover

is quite easy to find.. :)

Yeah, maybe. :P :cool:

I keep forgetting things like that are interactive. They typicaly arn't in so many games. Besides, I didn't even venture that far when I saw what was sitting there. It was a bad omen to what was going to lie ahead. And it was too, just not for what I thought it would be. ;)

So guys, should I have taken that mission or not?

Yes. :P

Seriously, do what you want. There is no real-world penalty for not doing something in this or any video game. and in-game, if you don't accept a side mission, you won't get the "bad" ending.

If you feel bad about not accepting the mission, how about next time you start a game, save up some ammunition before talking to the guy? Honestly though, I can't recall any mission in this game that were timed once you accepted them. Going forward, perhaps you could just accept a mission, and if you aren't feeling all warm and fuzzy as far as your inventory was concerned, you could maybe go off and hock some goods and visit a store and buy some ammo? You can find stuff worth $$ in roughly a bazillion places around the Fallout 3 world.

Just a thought.

ALL HAIL FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!

...just felt like saying that...

And I haven't even gotten around to play it anymore since I started playing CoD 5 multiplayer. I just never have enough extra time because I work too much and all my "game time" goes to CoD 5 multi.

I gave up the the "Family" mission for now since searching throughout Seneca station has yielded nothing for me there right now. I was able to sneak along rocks and such and finally make it to mine field. I was then able to disarm I would say at least 80% of the mines scattered throughout that place.

However, I haven't really picked any up except for one to bring back to Moira. Why is it that even though they are deactivated, that picking up a mine gives me a Red indication like taking one is a bad thing?

Otherwise there is a lot of Savv to be had around Mine Field so I will be quick traveling to and from there quite a bit to rack up some more caps. I was also able to pick off that dude by the name of "Arkansas" who was trying to snipe me off there the whole time. I snuck up to just below him and then "pow!" a single shot from my hunter rifle took him out quick!

Still really enjoying this qame, but the lack of info being given to me on some of these missions is frustrating. At least some things tell you what skill level you need to do what you need to do, but most don't.

I gave up the the "Family" mission for now since searching throughout Seneca station has yielded nothing for me there right now.

ARGHHHHHHHHH! :(

There are only two main rooms down there, each with their own doorway. You said you found the soda machine, so you found the waiting room (that has the two bathrooms). Leave that room, and look for the other one. There is another doorway in that ultra short, dead end tunnel.

Do you need two flaming 55gal drums to show you the way? post-2829-1229365243.gif :P post-2829-1229365243.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ post-2829-1229365243.gifpost-2829-1229365243.gif

Why is it that even though they are deactivated, that picking up a mine gives me a Red indication like taking one is a bad thing?

Whoa, that didn't happen to me. There were several places I found minefields and everytime I'd disarm and take as many as I could. I never lost karma.

Artlover...

You're talking about the two highly radioactive drums in that one side room in the area where the two ghouls are? Yeah...I saw them, but I can't get near them without taking serious rad damage. I think I actually died once just standing next to them for like 5 seconds.

If that is what you're talking about them I'm to assume there is a hidden hole or something behind those two radioactive drums? How the hell was I supposed to figure that out when you can't see any indication of a hole there?! In addition, I'm trying NOT to piss off the ghouls that are down there and I'm pretty sure that once I blow those barrels up... they are gonna have some words with me.

Artlover...

You're talking about the two highly radioactive drums in that one side room in the area where the two ghouls are? Yeah...I saw them, but I can't get near them without taking serious rad damage. I think I actually died once just standing next to them for like 5 seconds.

If that is what you're talking about them I'm to assume there is a hidden hole or something behind those two radioactive drums? How the hell was I supposed to figure that out when you can't see any indication of a hole there?!

Yes.

Nothing is behind them. That said, what is in "front" of them?

Can't see how you would die so soon, they don't give off that many rads/sec. What 8-12 or so. Take some Rad-X if you're worried about it.

Yeah...I finally figured it out. Here is why I didn't know about the damn manhole cover before. It wouldn't show up until I did something I just didn't think to do...

I had to be in the crouch position before the manhole would even show up. Once it did...I took out the Mirelurks with the shotgun (6blasts...), and then disarmed all the traps. Now I have the town and the Family working together and now have ZERO missions on my plate. I guess next I'll check out some of these places that are marked on my map and go from there.

Thanks...what I needed was the hint that i needed to look more in the Ghouls meth lab area...

Thanks...what I needed was the hint that i needed to look more in the Ghouls meth lab area...

I still think it's easier to just go to the train station directly then it is to go that way through the metro station. That's just me tho. :P

To that end, so you know.....

If your med is high enough and you examine the West's, you'll notice residue on their bodies that can only come from a train station. You'll have a dialogue option with the old man that allows you to ask if there is a train station near by, at which point he tells you the 4th location that he knows. That is where The Family is actually at. Since you can get there from Seneca station, it doesn't really matter if you find this out from the old man or not. Tho is does help if you're not used to the flow of the game. Since one would normally assume they would be there, and not somewhere else that's just accessable from there.

Since I went to the dark side and killed everything in sight, I'm missing a lot of dialogue and quests.

Once I kill everything in the fallout world I'm going to be reborn as a good guy.

Maybe New Years I will resolve to turn a new leaf and be the good guy, first, in gameland! :)

Now I've got to do the mines.

I just had my Lie skill way up there and when she asked if I'd been there, I told her 'Yes' and she was like 'Great!!!'.

The Moira character in megaton reminds me of Sarah Palin!!! Especially when she's talking potatoes!

I find myself oddly attracted HAHAHAHA.

And Nova.... Well I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the game is an easter egg to detail her being "part of the rent" for the night.

Sleep yes, sex no. :|

I would have liked a Mass Effect type deal. Or atleast a hint of something happening, like some sexy dialogue or something. Nope. She lays in bed fully dressed, don't say nothing, time passes, she gets up fully dressed. What a rip.

Also tried the ex-hooker in Springvale, but she tells me off saying she don't do that anymore.

Apparently, you can't get laid in the future. Guess that explains vault 108. :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got back into playing the game. I'm up to level 8 now(yeah I know, low), and here's some fun highlights.

1. 2 Talon mercs come after me, and I almost die. These guys have Chinese assault rifles & I didn't do too well. Shot one rifle offa guy & he goes for the laser rifle. After many stimpaks & grenades later, I kill one & the other runs off.

2. I go into the sewers, kill some ghoul named "gallo" & take all his awesome weapon-making loot.

3. Kill all the ants in the tunnels the raiders were digging & don't get much at all.

4. Ran into my first mutant bear(yhao goa?) and WOW does he do some damage.

5. Dogmeat finally bit the dust. Didn't expect him to last long anyways. I move onward.

Now I already have to waste one of my perk opportunities to get my SPECIAL stat for Agility up, so I can get mine sidestepping ability later. It seems no matter what level you're at, a mine will do an amazing amount of damage.