IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

To that end, please stop singling me out every time I make a valid criticism about a game.

Actually I was just pointing out that your criticism wasn't addressed in the patches.

Perhaps it will when the DLC becomes available.

Nice rant though.

Foiund my first graphics glitch. Near the UFO crash, part of the area was projecting brown into the sky, and a straight laser beam shot out of the area(not infinite). The area it projected from had all these colorful textures around it. Real psychadelic, and thankfully non-crashing. I then ventured onward towards GNR and all sorts of fun blastalarity ensued.

Killed the caged Behemoth, and then later the game decided to punish me by bringing out another behemoth that promptly swatted away my RL-3 and myself with no effort. The helpful yao gai didn't last a minute

WOW is it nice to have the ghoul mask & animal friend perk. The ghouls attack raiders & super mutants, so I watch them soften each other up & I go in for the effort. Wow are the underground tunnels linear. And now I have a halfway-repaired power suit I can't use yet!

Killed the caged Behemoth, and then later the game decided to punish me by bringing out another behemoth that promptly swatted away my RL-3 and myself with no effort.

There are several (but a finite amount) of them across the wasteland. Try to find and kill them all! :cool:

-Fixed occasional crash after scoring a critical hit in the head with a Railway Rifle.

OMG!!! AWESOME!!!! I kinda stopped playing for awhile because of that but I didn't know it was a glitch. I'd keep going into the Republic of Dave and shooting him in the head with my Railway Rifle and it would freeze everytime....so I quite playing for awhile. I just thought that was the game freezing....not a glitch. Can't wait for 'Battle of Anchorage'.

P.S. Right now I'm in the middle of playing Bioshock for the first time and I must say it is AWESOME!!!!!

-Fixed occasional crash after scoring a critical hit in the head with a Railway Rifle.

OMG!!! AWESOME!!!! I kinda stopped playing for awhile because of that but I didn't know it was a glitch. I'd keep going into the Republic of Dave and shooting him in the head with my Railway Rifle and it would freeze everytime....so I quite playing for awhile. I just thought that was the game freezing....not a glitch. Can't wait for 'Battle of Anchorage'.

P.S. Right now I'm in the middle of playing Bioshock for the first time and I must say it is AWESOME!!!!!

I never found a Railway Rifle although I had ton of ammo. :)

Still need to go back and fully explore the game..

..Al

I never found a Railway Rifle

You have to collect parts that you find laying around, use them at a workbench and build a Railway Rifle from what I remember.

I love the toot every time you pull the trigger!

I never did get around to building any weapons, although I had collected plenty of parts for various schematics I found.

..Al

No luck clearing out Paradise Falls. What's the strategy? There's a TON of baddies there. I try doing an all-out assault from the "no guns" sign, only to die in a few minutes. They have good guns & manage to get shots on me. Even with the fat man & missle launcher + stealthboy + RL-3 buddy, I died..twice. Despite having silent running + high sneak, I still get seen with the stealth boy. Perhaps I assume too much by thinking I'll be 100% invisible with it.

Maybe take a covert ops route? I saw a guy clear out PF with a hunting rifle, at night. I raided in the day, when apparently it's really busy.

Also, I can't find the dart gun blueprint ANYWHERE. I went to some place north of paradise falls, cracked a safe, nothing. Can't seem to find it for sale(I have good karma) at tenpenny towers. Maybe i'll hit tenpenny again & look around.

Edited by S1500

Got the dart gun finally. Odd. I didn't know the Mirelurk area at the Anchorage war memorial was so close to the Ant area("Those"). I thought it was in Core DC that you had to traverse the tunnels,etc through.

This is weird. I seem to be going through the easy/beginner locations while I'm at level 16. The Tepid sewers has a bunch of mole rats and a couple raiders. I didn't know you could clear the targeting data which kills all the raiders & mole rats. Heh. The comic book factory was fun, but with animal perk + ghoul mask, there wasn't much resistance. I actually played all the way through the barbarian text adventure. Didn't get anything for winning though.

Next up, a quick visit to the easy part of the mirelurk hatchery so Moria will stfu about them.

From what I recall there are actually several instances of schematics for each weapon type. Like maybe 3 or 4 schematics for each.

If you see a schematic you already have, get it anyways! It optimizes the process and it'll make building the weapon easier (less parts needed!) Very cool.I think the one that helped me out the most especially early on was the lunchbox bombs or bottle-cap mines or whatever they are called.

BTW : I received my Collectors edition of Fallout 3 from Amazon. (They were selling it -$20) The bobble-head vault tech boy is so cool. Now I can play Fallout for real! I hide the bobble-head somewhere (like an abandoned building down the street) and have my friends try to find it!

Wow, I buzzed by real quick on Moria's survival guide after the mirelurks.

Still no luck clearing Paradise falls again. Last time, I made the mistake of not putting on my armor(I was fixing up things). This time, I was real low on health, and apparently didn't hit the pip boy in time, as I died. It seems that during the reload animation on the missile launcher, you can't go into the PIP boy, but people can still hit you.

Had some fun seeing if I could drop mines around without everyone getting hostile. Guess what, you can. That is, until someone walks over one, then everyone gets hostile. I sectioned myself off near the preservation chamber, did some shooting, but failed. No point using the flamer when too many enemies are far from you, shooting at you. The stealth boy is useless at this point.

I might try the "gun sign route", where I have 3 walls around me, and let them come at me. OR, I lay down bottlecap mines towards the shelter, and let them come at me. Maybe park RL-3 opposite near me(near the mannequins) as he fights when you tell him to stay put. I just want him & me out of the range of the minigun guy. ac

Wow, I buzzed by real quick on Moria's survival guide after the mirelurks.

I hope you were doing all the extra things she asked and not just doing the basic's. You're getting really screwed if you don't.

They almost all have tricks that make them insanely easy to complete. Honestly, I think the Super Duper Mart ends up being the hardest to complete. Even hiding the monitor in the Mirelurk nest is a cake walk easy.

Still no luck clearing Paradise falls again.

What level are you? What weapons are you primarly using? Really shouldn't be that hard. Could always sniping from Eulogy's balcony.

I hope you were doing all the extra things she asked and not just doing the basic's. You're getting really screwed if you don't.

They almost all have tricks that make them insanely easy to complete. Honestly, I think the Super Duper Mart ends up being the hardest to complete. Even hiding the monitor in the Mirelurk nest is a cake walk easy.

What level are you? What weapons are you primarly using? Really shouldn't be that hard. Could always sniping from Eulogy's balcony.

1. I did all the "optional" extra bits in the survival guide except for bring a mine back from Minefield. Eh, it's okay. That includes getting REALLY crippled(ie body parts), not hurting mirelurks, & getting 600 rads. Okay, I skipped the extra # of mole rats, but oh well.

2. I'm at level 17(i know, embarassing). I was using I think the combat shotgun for the first go, and the flamer for the last time + missile launcher to get the party started. Looking at the youtube video, looks like the key is to NOT be spotted in the "center" area since EVERYBODY notices you(minigun guy, bar patrons, guys around the campfire). They all just mob you.

Eulogy's balcony looks like way too much of a noticeable vantage point, where everyone could get an easy shot on you. Perhaps I should skip the missile launcher & shoot with faster-loading weapons so I can use the pip boy + stimpaks in between reloads. I will just try again near the preservation chamber as I can just hide out of sight there, and use lots of sneaking around.

Did it. Easier than I thought. I stood near "the box", laid some bottlecap mines between me & them, parked RL-3 near the mannequins, and was almost ready. Nope, Forty steps on a mine, so it's go time. Whipped out the Alien blaster & took care of them all.

For some bizarre reason(miss?) I accidentally killed RL-3. He was a pile of ashes, so it was me. Oh well. Let's pour a Nuka-Cola on the pavement for a dead home. Eh, I can just reload & try again. I freed the slaves(at least the willing ones) and yet it shows zero as "people captured". Eh, who cares. Looted the place & left. Got my Quantums I wanted.

I'm not sure.

It may have one or two for beating the simulation or something.

I've only had time to play a little bit. When you load your save, you get an emergency broadcast from some Outcasts that are under attack at Bailey's crossings. I'm not sure if that area was previously unreachable or not. I know I found two places that I'd never been to before. The Richmond Arms and the Flooded Metro.

Already got 3 new achievements.

:) :) :)

You're probably asking me why I'm not still playing......but I had to take a food/drink/internet/etc. break.

So far, it's different but not THAT different. It certainly feels like you're in Alaska....sometimes I can't even tell where the damn enemies are because of the snow.......and those damn stealth units. :x

After awhile....you get to assemble your own crew.......whether you want some robots, infantry, snipers, etc. That makes it fun. I'm enjoying it right now.