IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

I'm still playing. I took a wrong turn and ended up sniping the Behemoth at Takoma park. I just used my gauss rifle(from anchorage) and it can even knock him down. So while he was down, I just kept taking more & more shots. Wanted to use the fat man, but this did the job just fine. He was so far away, he didn't even see us.Even in line of sight there must be a distance limit to his perception, ie less than a sniper rifle's range.

The Gauss Rifle knocks a Behemoth back, too???

Awesome!!! I've killed all the Behemoths but I'll have to go back and play again to see that. :D :D

I'm still wondering how they're going to pull off 'The Pitt'....since it's in another state. Another simulation would seem kinda silly.

Unfortunately I just beat Fallout 3. I say that because I had no clue I was on the last mission of the main quest, I still had a lot I wanted to do! But wow this game was a blast to play and I'm glad I took my time with it over the last few months. Just wanted to thank all of you for getting me excited enough about this game to go out and get it (along with a 360 :P ).

Hopefully you saved the game before the last mission.....so you can go off into the wastes and do the other 95% of the game. :D ;)

Takoma park at the beginning was not fun since you are surrounded by cars & the super mutants quickly shoot you, blowing them up. You get more damage from cars than from their guns. Thankfully Charon survived & the Talon mercenaries were no biggie. Never went inside the building.

I still am perplexed how I'm going to take care of the last behemoth in the wide-open area west of Megaton. I was thinking of laying a network of bottlecap mines & getting a shot off with a fat man. Wonder if I can hide inside the teddy bear area out of his reach. All other behemoth encounters involved safe cover:

1. GNR plaza has plenty of safe vantage points + backup

2. Takoma, while wide open, lets you stand on that trailer + the mortars soften him & his mutant entourage up

3. capitol building has him inside a big room he can't get out(but how did he get in?).

4. Raiders have the 4th behemoth in a cage and you can safely let him out by standing on a train car & snipe.

Hmm....

1. GNR plaza has plenty of safe vantage points + backup
For the most part, you don't have to do anything here except wait. 99% of the time, the BOS guys will take care of it. Not always tho, and sometimes, the thing gets stuck in a loop of not comming out into the open but staying either behind the building or in that side alley way area. It's easy to kill when this happens even with regular firearms.

2. Takoma, while wide open, lets you stand on that trailer + the mortars soften him & his mutant entourage up
Or just keep using the morters and kill him. It's unlimited, tho the transmitter does break after a few goes and you have to repair it if your repair skill is high enough.

3. capitol building has him inside a big room he can't get out(but how did he get in?).
This is a good place to kill yourself a lot if not carefull. If you use the fatman, you gotta be out of any of the hallways and inside the room, otherwise the mini nukes hit the roof of the hallways and kill you. Even if you're in the room itself, the damned raiders get in your way and seem to jump right in front of you as you fire the fatman so it goes off right in front of you, killing you.

4. Raiders have the 4th behemoth in a cage and you can safely let him out by standing on a train car & snipe.
Why let him out? Just kill him in the cage.

I still am perplexed how I'm going to take care of the last behemoth in the wide-open area west of Megaton. I was thinking of laying a network of bottlecap mines & getting a shot off with a fat man. Wonder if I can hide inside the teddy bear area out of his reach. All other behemoth encounters involved safe cover:
No, there is no safe cover for this one. He also killed Fawkes on me too once.

You could try the bottlecap mines, but you'll probably need a lot. I just armed myself with the fatman waited for him to show up, started running backwards and fired 3 rounds at him then finished up with a bit of plasma rifle. I'd imagine the Experimental MIRV would make quick work of it tho.

Edited by Artlover

And yea.....I pecked away at him with a sniper rifle while he was safely LOCKED in the cage.

Why let him out and get my ass whooped?

The only fun thing to do with that is let him out while all the raiders are swarming you and let him take care of business.