IGNORED

ebay madness? - tank command

tyranthraxus

It really depends who's looking at eBay any given week. Rare items sometimes go for much less than you'd expect, and then you have cases where items go for much higher than the general going rate. Although I would say that the latter happens more frequently, as people tend to talk about and publicize the rare items, especially in this community. :)

..Al

Look at who was the second highest bidder on that auction. :(  

Mitchhttp://atari7800.atari.org

Look at the bright side. You have a MIB Title Match wrestling, right? IMHO, that is a lot harder to find than a MIB Tank Command. 8) :) ;)

I've also noticed quite a few sealed Kung-fu masters latley. I watched ebay for over a year, specifically for a boxed one and finally got it. Now, I have seen a few over the last months. :?

Boxed Rampage is pretty damn tough to find as well. Good thing I already have one. :D

I won that $37.00 one, couldn't believe my luck! I bid $120.00 in an all-out effort to finally get one and it closed about 80 bucks less.

It was the last of the original games I needed to complete my collection, and is actually a lot of fun, kind of like the part of Ikari Warriors where you're in the tank as a whole game.

Now all I need is my replacement KLAX (the original arrived broken but they've been great about replacing it) and the old vaguely useless-sounding Diagnostic and Monitor carts. And maybe 32-in-1 just for show even though it won't play on my system.

Lamar

several years ago, i bought a big lot of boxed 7800 games for about $350 on ebay. it included:

7 tank command shrinkwrapped

10 water ski shrinkwrapped

2 titlematch pro wrestling (1 shrink'd, 1 opened)

1 pete rose baseball shrink;d

1 rampage shrink'd

20 other common 7800 titles in box

i bought it because of the titlematch which was the last 7800 game i needed in the box. i definitely agree titlematch boxed is much harder to find than tank command. i ended up auctioning most of the stuff back on ebay:

$175 titlematch

$45-$75 each for several tank command

$33 rampage

$31 pete rose

so how much would you say i paid for titlematch?

$350, it's the only game i wanted in that auction

$9, average price of each game in the auction

i was paid $50 to take the game (based on selling extras for $400 while my cost was only $350)