IGNORED

Show us your 2600 Collection

dangeraaron

I've actually added a few 2600 games since I last took pictures. I have about 200 now. I have three 2600's, two of which are Jr's, and one of those is my first video game console from 1987. The six boxed games below that are separate from the other boxed games are sealed. The other ones are open, though some are still in the shrink wrap. I am the original owner of most of the boxed games... my grandpa is the original owner of the others.

I also have a 7800 with about 30 games and two A8 computers with a dozen or so games. My grandpa was the original owner of the 7800 and most of the games... which are still boxed.

med_gallery_17553_267_80049.jpg

Aren't those sticks on the lower left for the Odyssey2? Any chance you are looking to get rid of those?

What's the story on the black NES looking joypad on the lower right?

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned that. :) Yes, they are O2 controllers, however in an effort to make my vintage controllers compatible I rewired them to be 2600 compatible, then made an adapter for them to plug into my O2. Now my O2 can work with O2 or 2600 controllers.

As for the NES pad, I picked that as well as the dissected 7800 controller up from a flea market for a few bucks, to make a 7800 game pad. I didn't want to destroy my original 7800 sticks. Since, the grey color doesn't really match the 7800 I used some plastic/vinyl spray paint to make it black. I plan on printing some custom decals evantually... just haven't gotten around to it.

I've actually added a few 2600 games since I last took pictures. I have about 200 now. I have three 2600's, two of which are Jr's, and one of those is my first video game console from 1987. The six boxed games below that are separate from the other boxed games are sealed. The other ones are open, though some are still in the shrink wrap. I am the original owner of most of the boxed games... my grandpa is the original owner of the others.

I also have a 7800 with about 30 games and two A8 computers with a dozen or so games. My grandpa was the original owner of the 7800 and most of the games... which are still boxed.

med_gallery_17553_267_80049.jpg

Aren't those sticks on the lower left for the Odyssey2? Any chance you are looking to get rid of those?

What's the story on the black NES looking joypad on the lower right?

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned that. :) Yes, they are O2 controllers, however in an effort to make my vintage controllers compatible I rewired them to be 2600 compatible, then made an adapter for them to plug into my O2. Now my O2 can work with O2 or 2600 controllers.

As for the NES pad, I picked that as well as the dissected 7800 controller up from a flea market for a few bucks, to make a 7800 game pad. I didn't want to destroy my original 7800 sticks. Since, the grey color doesn't really match the 7800 I used some plastic/vinyl spray paint to make it black. I plan on printing some custom decals evantually... just haven't gotten around to it.

Aw man, I totally didn't even think of making an adapter for the O2, that makes a whole lot more sense than rewiring a spare cx-40 for testing purposes. Thanks dude for the great idea...

Aw man, I totally didn't even think of making an adapter for the O2, that makes a whole lot more sense than rewiring a spare cx-40 for testing purposes. Thanks dude for the great idea...

No problem, it's a fun little project. I got bored one day and made a trip to Radio Shack... and tried really hard not to talk to anyone when I got there...

This way if I break an O2 stick, or it wears out, I have a lot more replacement options.

Here's my small collection

1. Riddle of the Sphinx

2. Stampede

3. Combat x2

4. Defender x3

5. Star Raiders x3

6. Asteroids x3

7. Midnight Magic

8. EPYX California Games

9. Breakout

10. Berzerk x3

11. Pitfall!

12. Q*Bert

13. River Raid

14. Golf

15. Super Breakout x2

16. Maze Craze

17. Ice Hockey

18. Bowling

19. Wizard of Wor

20. International Soccer

21. Warlords

22. EPYX Summer Games

23. Gorf

24. Haunted House x2

25. Keystone Kapers

26. Lock 'n' Chase

27. Missile Command x3

28. Demons to Diamonds

29. Spider Fighter x2

30. Space Invaders

31. Starmaster

32. Mario Bros.

33. Video Olympics

34. Carnival

35. Crackpots

36. Joust x2

37. Kangaroo

38. Galaxian x2

39. Donkey Kong x2

40. Ms. Pac-Man

41. Night Driver

42. Yars' Revenge x2

43. Video Pinball

44. Swordquest: Earthworld x2

45. Swordquest: Fireworld x2

46. Tennis

47. Towering Inferno

48. Sky Jinks

49. Pole Position

50. Frogger

51. Chopper Command

52. Circus Atari

53. Centipede

54. Battlezone x2

55. E.T.

56. Football

57. Othello

58. Pac-Man

59. Phoenix

60. RealSports Tennis

61. Skiing

62. Raiders of the Lost Ark

63. Kaboom!

Total: 102 (If I counted correctly)

The blue label carts are a desperate attempt to lure me into the seedy underworld of the homebrew collector (I don't really know much about them at all, sorry).

Seedy indeed... Man Goes Down has never been released on a cart. Unless that's one you made yourself - somebody's ripping you off. :ponder:

Careful. I think calling the maker of that particular cart seedy can get you banned. :cool:

Albert made that?

The blue label carts are a desperate attempt to lure me into the seedy underworld of the homebrew collector (I don't really know much about them at all, sorry).

Seedy indeed... Man Goes Down has never been released on a cart. Unless that's one you made yourself - somebody's ripping you off. :ponder:

Careful. I think calling the maker of that particular cart seedy can get you banned. :cool:

Albert made that?

The puzzle is starting to fit together now. They must have been acquired from Albert?

I know at the MGC show all the display carts of new games coming out where blue like that.

Albert made that?

Ruiner! I was totally trying to insinuate that you'd done it (without actually saying anything that couldn't apply equally to both of you). He's gonna have to ban you now. :(

This is my small Atari setup. Not a complete collection and I am not after one, but I just love the games I have and enjoy playing them in every first chance. Oh, and a few systems in case one of them goes bad! ;)

The bottom of the TV rack is occupied by a modded Xbox and an Odyssey 2 on the other side.

100_9343.jpg

Edited by phil_vr

I used to have about 30 of the 2's (actually I still have about 13 - the rest are not pictured), since I knew it would be the last product I would ever see with an Atari badge. And I loved the packaging/product and box art A LOT! :)

Edited by phil_vr

One day... I'll get all of my carts out and take a picture. Right now they are stacked two sometimes three deep on a small book shelf. Nearly 600 carts (unique to me that is: Atari text,atari picture, Atari Corp, Sears PIC Sears Text, Standard cart, Handle cart, etc)

Recently there was 'An Incident" at my home.

I posted about it a while back... where a wife spilled a drink and it killed a few carts (After all was said and done, I found out that I had very little damage at all. THANK GOD! A few carts ended up having a spot on the label, the others were good to go)

Anyways, I decided to be a smartass and do something different while the wife was at work. I saran-wrapped the entire bookshelf. And has a sign posted on it: NO DRINKS!!

She didn't notice it for an entire day and then was flabbergasted. Guys... I may not be getting a Christmas now! LOL Not just a gift, but the entire Christmas. LOL

Just kidding, she thought it was rather funny.

She was going to replace the ones she jacked up, but the few she did are a bit unique now. No worse than a cart with DB scribbled across the front of the label with a magic marker back in the eighties. :)

I'll post my collection sometime. I keep debating the whole box thing. I love the look of it, but I don't know if I want to go that far. lol

Sidenote: The sideways look of storing games is pretty nice. I like that look as well.

This is my small Atari setup. Not a complete collection and I am not after one, but I just love the games I have and enjoy playing them in every first chance. Oh, and a few systems in case one of them goes bad! ;)

The bottom of the TV rack is occupied by a modded Xbox and an Odyssey 2 on the other side.

100_9343.jpg

OMG why so many flashback system???

I used to have about 30 of the 2's (actually I still have about 13 - the rest are not pictured), since I knew it would be the last product I would ever see with an Atari badge. And I loved the packaging/product and box art A LOT! :)

!!!! You know that looking at one is the same as looking at the others, right?! As soon as I get around to it, I'm going through all my carts and manuals to sell/get-rid-of-somehow the dupes. But I don't have anything as insane as 30/13 Flashback2's!!!*

And, I wouldn't be so sure about the "last product I would ever see with an Atari badge." I'm not giving up on FB3/FBportable just yet. You never know.

*confession: if I saw 30 FB2's in a store, I would buy them all too.

Cool pics. What is Moxie from the first picture?

turns out moxie is a soda in the new england area. This cart is a hack of Pepsi Invaders, everything the same, Except where the bad guys used to spell PEPSI they now spell MOXIE

A homebrew hack of a corporate hack... go figure

Here's a pic of the screen...

post-16399-1227152400_thumb.jpg

Edited by AntiX

turns out moxie is a soda in the new england area. This cart is a hack of Pepsi Invaders, everything the same, Except where the bad guys used to spell PEPSI they now spell MOXIE

Cool story. Thanks for checking it out!

Cool story. Thanks for checking it out!

I added a screenshot picture. It doesn't show it but even the little pepsi logo that flies across the top is still there.