djmips

GB and Genesis prototypes - value

I know this is a vague and hard to quantify question but roughly how much would the following prototypes be worth?

Sega Genesis - First year of EA FIFA soccer (not final version) - this was the origin of the series.

Gameboy - Capcom DuckTales.

thanks

I know this is a vague and hard to quantify question but roughly how much would the following prototypes be worth?

Sega Genesis - First year of EA FIFA soccer (not final version) - this was the origin of the series.

thanks

$25-30 and $40-50

thanks

$25-30 and $40-50

Well, if that's true I probably just as well recycle them.

I would like to think DreamTR would know as he has an extensive collection of prototypes and rares that no one else has.

25 dollars for the FIFA proto, will go up to 30 if needed. Get back to me, I'd love to own a proto no matter how insignificant. :)

Might you be able to take a picture?

Edited by PZT

25 dollars for the proto, will go up to 30 if needed. Get back to me, I'd love to own a proto no matter how insignificant. :)

I might sell them if they were worth a lot of money (ie hundreds of dollars) but at that price, I might as well keep them and use them to make games or just keep them around.

But why make games out of them? It's a one of a kind piece of history.

Because EPROM homebrew boards are expensive.

Edited by djmips

Just because it's expensive doesn't mean you should erase something of historical value. That sounds a little greedy to me. You should at least get it dumped first.

Well, if that's true I probably just as well recycle them.

Hell yeah, just the EPROM's on the Genesis board are worth more than $25. Since they are most likely socketed, you should read and merge the contents of the EPROM's though.

I've got a SportTalk Football proto that has 8 EPROMs that I've been threatening to re-use for years. Everytime I need that particular size I've ended up getting another source, so it has been spared so far. It seems that sports protos are not well sought after. Mine has a super long board that extends almost 9 inches tall, I was told years ago that $50-60 was the range, but I'd say $40-50 is probably closer to the real value now.

I'll tell ya, if protos were really worth "hundreds of dollars apiece", I would seriously be a millionaire if I sold my cart protos. The value is what they go for on ebay running auctions if you know how to hide them correctly and not get pulled.