IGNORED

ATR8000 R: handler

a8isa1

Sure enough. It's usually part of the 850 boot ROM, the corresponding autorun file just bootstraps that code is usually only a couple of bytes long. Dos 2.5 will write you a suitable autorun file. Other than that, what do you need the handler for? For a real atari, the above bootstrap procedure works fine with the 850 and 850XL. For an emulator, I could/do provide sources for a R: driver, part of atari++. I can also provide binaries of a non-selfbooting handler - though I probably missed the point what you need it for then.

Sure enough. It's usually part of the 850 boot ROM, the corresponding autorun file just bootstraps that code is usually only a couple of bytes long. Dos 2.5 will write you a suitable autorun file. Other than that, what do you need the handler for? For a real atari, the above bootstrap procedure works fine with the 850 and 850XL. For an emulator, I could/do provide sources for a R: driver, part of atari++. I can also provide binaries of a non-selfbooting handler - though I probably missed the point what you need it for then.

Sorry. I indicated in the subject, but I guess I did not make myself clear, I'm looking for a handler for the SWP ATR8000's serial port and not the 850's bootstrap.

- Steve Sheppard

• 4 weeks later...

I have the original disks,

what can I do for you?

Sorry. I indicated in the subject, but I guess I did not make myself clear, I'm looking for a handler for the SWP ATR8000's serial port and not the 850's bootstrap.

- Steve Sheppard

I have the original disks,

what can I do for you?

- Steve Sheppard

I have several original disks (copies in ATR form) but I'm still looking for a R: driver for the ATR8000 that is not just part the DOS.SYS file of an old version of MyDOS. In other words, I need a R: driver that I can use with MyDOS 4.50 and MyDOS 4.53 as well as other DOSes.

Thanks.

- Steve Sheppard

Haven't tested it, but couldn't you use the standalone ATR8000 driver provided with SpartaDOS (AT_RS232.COM) with MyDOS?

I don't know if the AT in the name is for atr8000. It needs a special driver to use the serial port in it.

I 'd like a list of Sparta drivers that can be used with other DOSes.

Rick D.

Haven't tested it, but couldn't you use the standalone ATR8000 driver provided with SpartaDOS (AT_RS232.COM) with MyDOS?

I don't know if the AT in the name is for atr8000. It needs a special driver to use the serial port in it.

I 'd like a list of Sparta drivers that can be used with other DOSes.

Rick D.

I hooked up a SX212 to the ATR8000 serial port and was able to access it using Bobterm and AT_RS232.COM. Don't know if you can go past 2400bps with it as I don't have a modem that goes that fast.

I have some very early versions of MyDOS with R: support built-in but I'm looking for a standalone driver.

Does one exist?

- Steve Sheppard

I have drivers at...http://www.a8maestro.com/atari/info/ballsr.htm.

Rick D.

Rick, Thanks!

These drivers (or at least the LO one) work well enough to operate Urchlay's Fujichat (A8 IRC client).

I managed 4800 bps.

- Steve Sheppard

I read recently (in the Forem XEP docs actually) that AT_RS232.COM that comes with SD is for the ATR 8000.

I guess I have an atr800 to clean up and bring back to life. I will then check it out and see it that's the case cause I remember it working with sparta and controlling percoms with it.

I read recently (in the Forem XEP docs actually) that AT_RS232.COM that comes with SD is for the ATR 8000.

I finally found an ATR with AT_RS232.COM on it (thanks slor!). The driver worked as long as I boot SpartaDOS but did not work for my other DOSes.

- Steve Sheppard

I have some very early versions of MyDOS with R: support built-in but I'm looking for a standalone driver.

Does one exist?

- Steve Sheppard

I have drivers at...http://www.a8maestro.com/atari/info/ballsr.htm.

Rick D.

Rick, Thanks!

These drivers (or at least the LO one) work well enough to operate Urchlay's Fujichat (A8 IRC client).

I managed 4800 bps.

- Steve Sheppard

Good. Most I get is 4800 with the ATR8000. 9600 should be doable, CPM can. But there might be something preventing it such as 2 concurrent serial streams, modem and atari.

Rick D.