IGNORED

E-Jagfest 2008

PeterG

Crosspost from JS2, i thought someone might care :-)

Just thought that I open a thread about the E-Jagfest which was held yesterday in Kaarst nearby Düsseldorf in Germany. Björn and Lars were so kind to organize it again as in the last few years. And while it was relative small and some of the guests had to leave early again, we had a wonderful time. For me this event is something like coming home, there is a great atmosphere seeing all this people you got to know over the years and I enjoy it very much every year. This time I think there were about 20 people coming over the course of the day. Matthias Domin presented his port of Duraniks Falcongame Impulse for the Jaguar which looked very good and I am looking forward to it. This Breakout type of game is on CD and if I got it right he still needs to implement difficulty levels and some other things. What we have seen so far had nice colorful graphics, lots of extras to collect, a cool Editor mode to create your own levels which can be saved to Memory Track and full support for controldevices like rotary Controller, Atari/Amiga mouse via adaptor and VCS rotary controller.

The other thing presented was a Lynx Flashcard by Bernd "Lynxman". He made also a little demonstration of his card which worked really well and looked cool aswell in it's shiny red.

Mr and Ms. Atari had their usual stuff to play and buy aswell and and a lovely setup to play Rockband which many enjoyed.( I should stick to guitar, I am a horrible drummer.:-))

Aside from the usual playing going on, we had two competitions going on organized by Thorsten which were Worms on Jaguar and Checkered Flag on Lynx, both of which I had to pass unfortunatley because I had to leave temporarily. I suck at competitions anyway ;-)

When I came back in the evening many had already left but the hardcore (first to come, last to leave) were still there and we played a bit of total carnage and battlesphere multiplayer, laughed about aircars ( I finished one level and was about to fall dead bored) and were enjoying ourselves until we packed up.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day and I am looking forward to the next one.

Just saw that Matthias posted some pictures on his website:

Matthias pictures

Edited by Peterghiea

Thanks for sharing the info and the pictures! Some of the pics spawned interest in me, like seeing the Lynx Flashcart in use, as well as the box for Impulse.

In one picture, did I see some sort of three-button joystick for the Jaguar? Can you give any details on that?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Smeg

Thanks for sharing the info and the pictures! Some of the pics spawned interest in me, like seeing the Lynx Flashcart in use, as well as the box for Impulse.

In one picture, did I see some sort of three-button joystick for the Jaguar? Can you give any details on that?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Smeg

Well Matthias took those pictures so thanks belong to him. I wanted to record some stuff on my Camcorder but simply forgot I had it in the car, doh!

The three button controller belongs to Björn, it's an arcade stick with 3 buttons and a port at the bottom to plug in a Jagpad for keypad access. It's nice for games like raiden, Björn also used it on total carnage when we played.

The three button controller belongs to Björn, it's an arcade stick with 3 buttons and a port at the bottom to plug in a Jagpad for keypad access. It's nice for games like raiden, Björn also used it on total carnage when we played.

What a cool idea!

Do you have any idea if he has plans to make these for sale, or is it just a onesy for his own enjoyment?

Cheers,

Smeg

hey guy,

here are some pics from me:

http://picasaweb.google.de/atarianer/EJagf...ey=7mtPNH_3rEQ#

e-jagfest was again great fun, hope to see more of you guys next year :)

@Atari Smeghead: The arcade stick was an ebay find and I got no plans (nor knowlege) to sell it or do any reproductions of it ;). But some guys at e-jagfest "kingcar and other" plan to produce an "jaguar arcade stick". Hope they progress well and fast.

reg,

björn

Edited by bmx

@Atari Smeghead: The arcade stick was an ebay found and I got no plans (nor knowlege) to sell it or any reproductions of it ;). But some guys at e-jagfest "kingcar and other" plan to produce an "jaguar arcade stick". Hope they progress well and fast.

Thanks for the info and the new pics!

Cheers,

Smeg