IGNORED

Animal Crossing: City Folk

8th lutz

Happy Harvest Festival to all!

Packing for a trip (in the real world) to Cleveland with Nyracat. We'll be leaving the gates open for the weekend to see what happens when we get back.

Had a great time with Goober though I was packing and not being a good town host.

Looks like Crossbow just joined in too! Packing is going to have to takea backseat ;)

post-12263-1227844513_thumb.jpg

The new Sonic game I was referring to was Sonic Unleashed. It was just released last week, so I doubt you already saw it on clearance?
I was referring to secret rings. I saw it at walmart a month or so back for $20 I believe.

I'm beginning to have a different opinion on the Wii mic. I'm not necessarily a talkative guy. I kinda figured conversation could be kinda awkward at times. So I thought I'd wait until I could talk some family members into getting AC. The two times I was with people using it proved to be more interesting than I thought it would.

The new Sonic game I was referring to was Sonic Unleashed. It was just released last week, so I doubt you already saw it on clearance?
I was referring to secret rings. I saw it at walmart a month or so back for $20 I believe.

I'm beginning to have a different opinion on the Wii mic. I'm not necessarily a talkative guy. I kinda figured conversation could be kinda awkward at times. So I thought I'd wait until I could talk some family members into getting AC. The two times I was with people using it proved to be more interesting than I thought it would.

Oh yeah. The first person whose town I connected with was Crossbow. He had the Wii Speak mic, but we didn't. It was a little awkward - we could hear him, but he could only see what we typed. About 30 min later, I was in my car on the way to Best Buy to buy the mic. I must say, it really does enhance the whole gaming experience, at least for this game. Plus, once they get the Wii Speak channel going, people will be able to talk with friends via the Wii.

Still enjoying AC, though - finally got rid of that darn crying kitten! In addition, I played hide and seek with the townies twice today. I think I've met up with just about everyone who's posted in their code in this forum. I won't be able to play for a couple days, as we're going to visit Steve's folks for the rest of the weekend. I'll be sure to open up my gates on Sunday evening for people to visit!

-MrsMMF

(PS - Crossbow, I sent you a present via Town Post Office today. I hope you enjoy it, and I may send one to Vicki too!)

Nice fish! I added you and my gate is open. Lots of apples for visitors if you bring some of your fruit. I love trading!

Awesome. I don't think that I'll be back on tonight but I will tommorow. Hopefully my cherries will all be grown back then. My daughter picked them all and sold them even after me telling her to leave some.

Nice fish! I added you and my gate is open. Lots of apples for visitors if you bring some of your fruit. I love trading!

Awesome. I don't think that I'll be back on tonight but I will tommorow. Hopefully my cherries will all be grown back then. My daughter picked them all and sold them even after me telling her to leave some.

Added you to my master spreadsheet. I'll be adding you to the game (all of us in Ccville) tonight and tomorrow. BTW, MEGA-Jealous of the fish. It hasn't rained here yet so no great fishing trips like that yet.

Public thanks to Crossbow for telling me some secrets and getting my wife to "cheat." She had refused to look at any online help before he shared a cool wiki address with us and now we know all the secrets. Also gave us cherries, peaches and a TV! You are the best. I will have to dig up my shovel later tonight!

Looking forward to a new month with new goodies. My wife is out of town, so the town upkeep is all up to me. She's going to be mad if it's all weeds when she returns. I can picture it now: she comes back and the town is decaying and my Mario Kart rating is like 8000 because I played that the whole time! Hopefully I can strike a good gameplay balance.

You meant you were able to get that Robo-TV in the doorway man?! More important, does is pretty much take up all of one wall side in your current house? hehe.. I can just imagine...

And you're more than welcome for the tips. Some of what I shared is very common knowledge to those who played the GC and especially the DS versions of the game. The Wii version is essentially the DS game done on a big screen with a few added bugs, fish, etc.

And really the only way you would know what all fish and bugs you need to collect for a certain month would be through the use of some guide to at least tell you what is available each month. Sadly, December isn't one of them...

Most of the real fun in getting stuff starts in spring... Glad you're enjoying the experience many of us here have already known for some time, and I apologize you had to listen to me rattle my jawbox through your tv speakers..LOL! I didn't feel like typing anymore at that point last night.

I went into Wii settings - memory last night and was looking at the Wii storage, both internal and SD card, and I noticed that the SD had no files on it... nada, zip, zero, blank. I thought this was strange because I had take about 6 pictures from Animal Crossing and "stored" them to the SD card. On a chance, I went into the Photo Channel and selected the SD card and there the pictures were. I could edit them, turn them into a puzzle, and more. I quit back out of Photo Channel and go back to the Wii settings - memory and the system showed the SD card as blank.

Are these pictures hidden files? Is this a form of copyright protection for the game? Is there any way, other than formatting, to get rid of the pictures since the Wii shows the SD card as blank? Am I totally overlooking something here?

Mendon

The Wii settings will only show save data and channels that are stored to the SD card. If you want to see the photos you will have to physically access them via the photo channel as you've already done, or take the SD card out and view the contents of the card through a PC. I have a multi card reader that I installed in my PC for this purpose and homebrew stuff. The data is there, the Wii just doesn't show it.

That is how the pictures in this post have been getting posted. I assume the SD card is removed and the picture then copied off the SD card to the PC locally to post, edit, etc...

Observation Report: Phaxda

Sunday, Nov 30, evening: Crossbow teaches Phaxda and Wife some tricks of the AC trade as she watches and surfs the web and AC Wiki and then packs for her trip.

Monday, Dec 1, morning: Phaxda drives wife to work; she embarks on school trip with a bunch of 12-year-old children.

Mon Dec 1, 2008 1:19 PM: Phaxda posts message on AtariAge thanking Crossbow for advice given on previous evening and expressing interest in some online AC playing because wife is now out of town and online "freaks her out a little."

Mon, Dec 1, evening: Phaxda has shrimp for dinner because wife hates shrimp but she is out of town and can't complain and then throws crazy AA Animal Crossing Party attended by Corey and Chelzea. Fails to catch a tuna. Kicks everyone out at 11.

Tues Dec 2, morning: Phaxda logs in to AC to see many dead trees because he is a terrible gardener, even in the virtual world, and still does not catch a tuna. Forgets to download pictures.

Tues Dec 2, midday: Phaxda is bored at work.

Public thanks to Crossbow for telling me some secrets and getting my wife to "cheat."

My wife is out of town

:ponder: ;)

Edited by phaxda

BTW...

Thanks to everyone that came by this weekend. I seem to have a LOT of cherries in my mailbox. :P I do thank everyone for not razing my land so we didn't come back from a vacation so we had a barren wasteland of no trees. LOL!

It wasn't worth the axe. :lol: J/K....

Hope you enjoyed the cherries. I had some coconuts as well but by then your Wii had disconnected for good.

Yeah.. right here.

Beautiful, thanks.

Last night was good fun guys. I almost made it to Ccville, but there were too many conversations and I couldn't get in. Ended up in Omaha eventually which turned out to be a packed house.

Thanks for the apples and peaches BTW. ;)

Okay, I have everyone here added now. :thumbsup:

And, I pose 3 queries;

- how many animals is the max for your town? Is it possible to have someone living in each lot? Right now I have 10.

- are any AAers here playing from Europe or Asia? I read that there are region specific events.

- has anyone ever said anything about ongoing support from Nintendo? Like DLC or item patches or something?