IGNORED

Did you love the first game you got for your 2600?

Godzilla

I got my first 2600 in 1976 or 77 i think..cant remember, but

I mostly played all the Activision games..for hours on end..

I know i had a many high scores back then..

i still enjoy the 2600 today..hooked them all up again, and in the process of cleaning/testing my carts..including the many

duplicates i have

My favorites were : Demon Attack, Missile Command , Megamania, Realsports Baseball

Paulie

:D

My 1st was also Basic Math. I then got Night Driver which was OK. I was a big fan of Star Ship fo some odd reason.

Ah, Star Ship - that and Adventure were my first two carts... I especially loved the two player "Lunar Lander". We referred to that one as the "Dog peeing on the hydrant" game... Tho' I enjoyed that, my first love, then, as always, is Adventure... still finding new things about that one - like "freezing Yorkle".

Ahh it was 1980 3 years after my cousin brought his Heavy sixer over to my house and all 9 of the gate fold games Was ton of fun took 3 years later my parents and I were at Jamesway in Cape May Court House NJ looking for a new vacuum cleaner while mom was looking at cleaners, my dad took me over the Atari Kiosk and said Your finally getting an Atari It came with Combat and he said choose 1 game and we will by you 1 game a week (2 maybe once in a while) So of course chose Space Invaders We sat up til 4 am playing Both so Those two will always hold a special place in my heart still love Play them but not the same without Dad (passed away in 96)

next game on my 1 week was Human Cannonball We both enjoyed that one as well

His Loved games were Video Pinball and Bowling once we had those they were constantly being rotated

Edited by HatNJ

My 1st game was Space Invaders.I got the 2600 for that reason,to play SI.I had to pay top dollar from the store for it too.I paid something like $50.00 for it,wasnt lucky enough to have a friend sell one to me for cheap,as was the case usually back then.I remember summer school,around 81-84,this kid sold me,all MIB,Ms Pacman,Phoenix,Jungle Hunt,and a bunch of others for $10.00 each,that was a steal back then,he was saving up to buy Robot Tank! as most games were like $20.00-70.00 new.Games were expensive back then,so finding dudes that wanted to sell off their games was rare indeed.I played SI exclusively for like a 6 months as it was the only game besides of course Combat that i owned.SI is still my #1 game.

My family did not have a 2600 when I was growing up. After Coleco Telstar, the first Atari system we ever got was the 5200 and I fondly remember all the games that came with it on Christmas. Pac-Man for the pack-in, Moon Patrol, Dig Dug, and Mario Brothers. I played those 4 games more than any others. A ton. I have a brother and sister; we played all the time. I think we got Joust after that.

But the first game I ever played on a 2600 was Adventures of Tron, probably around 1980 or so, at my cousin's house in New Jersey. I played it all evening when we first got there and playing it more was the only thing I wanted to do when I woke up the next morning. I still love Adventures of Tron.

I got the 2600 as a birthday present with a few games (all from a collector in our neighborhood who began selling used video games and systems, of all places). Anyway, the first game I popped in the system was River Raid and I was hooked for life after that (the other games were Venture, Donkey Kong, Dodge 'Em, and Combat - all pretty fun too).

I still love that game and play it pretty regularly.

post-4618-1227125798_thumb.jpg

I got the 2600 as a birthday present with a few games (all from a collector in our neighborhood who began selling used video games and systems, of all places). Anyway, the first game I popped in the system was River Raid and I was hooked for life after that (the other games were Venture, Donkey Kong, Dodge 'Em, and Combat - all pretty fun too).

I still love that game and play it pretty regularly.

Great game to be your first! River Raid and Boxing were my 3rd & 4th games for the system.

Summer of '82 - got with Combat as the pack-in.

The there was an ad in the paper a few weeks later - you had to cut out the ad and post it with proof of purchase of the 2600 to get a free copy of Asteroids.

I loved it. My bro and I played that game every day after school for at least a year (game 39 if I remember correctly). A beloved uncle who has since passed away fell in love with the game and he almost bought a 2600 to play - the deal in the paper had expired though and the notion left him. Happy memories of the whole family playing combat and asteroids. The Wii really has brought that kind of atmosphere back into gaming and Nintendo have to be commended.

First non-pack-in game for me was Space Invaders, purchased a day or so after Christmas 1981. Played the heck out of it -- me, my brother Christopher, and my sister Vicky -- the first day we got it.

I'd have to say, though, that the first game I loved was Smurf Rescue for the 2600. I would have loved it more back in the day I got it for my 15th birthday if it wasn't already opened, played with, and had the box for the game disposed of.

Edited by Vic George 2K3

Christmas of 82. Absolutely the best present I have EVER gotten. I cannot think of another thing that is even close to the enjoyment and number of years of use. I still have my woody 4 from that day and the Vader 4 I used to have at my dads house.

Freeway was the first game I ever saw on that system. It came with Combat but "Santa" had already hooked the system to the television and that was the first game I saw it play.

I have an oil that Aimee Dingman (shout out to her and Stan!) created on my wall of Freeway to commemorate that morning. No kidding. I really need to take some pics of the basement....

Each Christmas after that one was a new game, I would say yes that I did enjoy my first and every subsequent game. I loved them all, even the Data Age ones.

CN

Christmas of 82. Absolutely the best present I have EVER gotten. I cannot think of another thing that is even close to the enjoyment and number of years of use. I still have my woody 4 from that day and the Vader 4 I used to have at my dads house.

Freeway was the first game I ever saw on that system. It came with Combat but "Santa" had already hooked the system to the television and that was the first game I saw it play.

I have an oil that Aimee Dingman (shout out to her and Stan!) created on my wall of Freeway to commemorate that morning. No kidding. I really need to take some pics of the basement....

Each Christmas after that one was a new game, I would say yes that I did enjoy my first and every subsequent game. I loved them all, even the Data Age ones.

CN

I love Aimee's atari paintings... perhaps it's time for her to show a few more?

As we were to poor to afford Atari, I luckily had a wealthy friend ( parents at least ) and of course he got an Atari. The first game I played was Adventure. And I LOVED IT!!! I play Adventure at least 2 times a week. It never gets old for me. I still try any way I can to finish the game where it is actually impossible to win. Hopefully I can be the first to finish it with some glitch no one has found.

For 2600? Phoenix.

I was so in love with that game. I remember going to woolworth's with my mother and being able to pick any one game.

The bloody box cover sold me lol! It was SILVER and RED! Plus the cover art was cool too. $49.95!

First game *I* ever bought by myself was just after the crash (actually three games)

They were 2.50 each & I thought I was in heaven till I saw that they had hundreds of just the 3 I bought. LOL!

Infiltrate

Journey Escape

Yar's Revenge

Good friggin times. I need a time machine and, no, I don't want to know then what I know now.