IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic '09

RJ

All you guys that didn't come, missed some awesome stuff, and sore feet.

AX

Hey Ax, was great talking with you yesterday, I found that box of Genesis cases we discussed, and I'll have it at the show today. As a vendor, yesterday was a great day, super busy, sold a ton, met a bunch of great people, the only part that sucked was not getting to enjoy the show with everyone else! How cool, however, that Dan, Gary, Marty and the rest of the staff kept the museum and pinball area open after closing for the vendors! That was a good time, and after missing last year, great to see how the show just keeps getting better in all areas. If you didn't go yesterday, do go today...5 bucks cheaper to get in and still tons of great stuff to see, do and buy!

Rich

I had a blast! I ended up having to leave a day earlier then planned due to one of the people I came with having to get home in a hurry for something un expected. As a result I missed the AA party :( , sorry guys. I got the whole day Saturday to walk around, scored some great stuff from the vendors and got to see/hear some great stuff. Met a lot of cool people and even more motivated to buy collect more!!....as if I needed more motivation - lol Thanks everyone for a great time, already looking forward to next year!!

I, too, felt like my feet were going to snap off.

It was great seeing you guys!

Ax (...if that IS your real name, lol): You're the man. Friday night may well have dragged into Saturday morning without your help. Hope you get/got home safely!

Ianoid: I've still got that dollar. I forgot I'd put it in my shoe; when I got home and kicked my shoes off, there was a fun little "WTF?" moment.

Tempest: It was great to finally meet you, after seeing you at the last couple of MGCs. Don't be a stranger next year, eh?

I somehow missed some of you; hopefully we can rectify that next year!

Among my highlights of the weekend (besides the fellowship and the pile of booty I took home) was beating Marty's high score for Galaxian at the Saturday night after-party. I was crushed to learn, however, that the machine had been shut off for the night shortly thereafter...so no more high score. But for an hour or two, I was a winner.

(The only shitty part of the weekend was coming home to find that my two pet rabbits tried to kill each other.)

JBoyPacMan: Sorry you couldn't make it this year! There's always next year though.

To everyone that PMed me tonight. I will reply when at a full size keyboard.

It was fun,and Im sure Ill be back. Special thanks to Ianoid for the luggage and Tempest for the romantic dinner... lol.... ain't gps fun?

AX

(now someone post pics)

There was romance between you two and I didn't notice? Yikes! I must have been more tired than I thought!

To everyone that PMed me tonight. I will reply when at a full size keyboard.

It was fun,and Im sure Ill be back. Special thanks to Ianoid for the luggage and Tempest for the romantic dinner... lol.... ain't gps fun?

AX

(now someone post pics)

There was romance between you two and I didn't notice? Yikes! I must have been more tired than I thought!

We ended up eating at a semi-fancy resturant because the gps basically led us the. It was around $25 per menu meal average, some around 60. No free coke refills. Low lights, freddy mercury singing about love... ha I make it sound so gay, not that im bashing those who are. It was the kind of place youd take a date.

AX

Hey everyone,

Quick, HUGE public thanks to Ax, who without him showing up on Friday night and saying, "Hey, checking out how set up is going, can I help at all?" and then proceeding to help stuff bags with loot for like the next 5 hours, we would have never finished. That job sucked, but he -- who I had never even met before -- cheerfully joined in our little group (which also includes Swingtown who also deserves huge kudos for the mind numbing bag stuffing) really made us power through them!

Thanks again!

We ended up eating at a semi-fancy resturant because the gps basically led us the. It was around $25 per menu meal average, some around 60. No free coke refills. Low lights, freddy mercury singing about love... ha I make it sound so gay, not that im bashing those who are. It was the kind of place youd take a date.

AX

Geez, that GPS hated you so much... I'm surprised it didn't tell you to drive of a cliff! :) "Turn right... drop 1000 feet... arriving at destination!"

Wish I could have helped out more than just the 15-20 bags I did, but I had a wife that needed to be bought dinner and be entertained after the car ride. She wasn't nearly excited as I was about the show.

Shutting off the laptop now, and time pack up the car. Back to St. Louis in 7 hours, and then the wait begins for next year!

Great job on everything, Dan!

Most fun moment for me at the show...Resident Evil CosPlayers buying one of my longbox copies of Resident Evil!

remwcg.jpg

Best part was she said her last name is really Valentine! Great couple, fun to talk to, and happy to pose for a picture. I've got a few other pictures from the show I'll be posting shortly...what a great weekend!

Rich

As a vendor, my picture opportunities were rather limited this year, but I still managed to grab a few worth sharing:

garypreshow.jpg

Friday at 2:00 pm – Gary checks vendors into the empty hall

davesboothpreshow.jpg

Some disreputable types pillage Dave 2236’s booth before the show opens

robotggf.jpg

The Robot Panic Booth…thanks for announcing my Sunday discounts guys!

mystuff1.jpg

Some of my stuff…20 years of tradebait, gone in just two days! (and yes, that is a 32X Spiderman Web of Fire in the upper right)

shoppersq.jpg

The shoppers storm in…incredibly busy for most of Saturday.

beertrade.jpg

Didn’t have much time to buy, but she did make me a great trade…2 AA batteries and a plastic bag for a beer – I think I came out ahead.

recp.jpg

CosPlayers Pt. 2:......... “BRAINS!”............................................”THAT NOT MY BEST SIDE ON BACK COVER!”

pinballb.jpg

It was very cool that they opened up the museum and pinball area for the vendors after the show on Saturday….amazing array of both old and new pinball machines!

xboxes.jpg

Some awesomely rare Xbox hardware in the Classic Gaming Museum!

wargames.jpg

“SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?”

Again, I could only get so many pics as a vendor, but they should give those of you who couldn’t go an idea of what you missed…so start planning now for 2010, the year you should make contact with the Midwest Gaming Classic!

Rich

Okay #1 picture down.... me with the AX... now we need a pic of Bassguitari holding my beard... I'd kinda like to see how the Ben Heck / AX photo turned out... and perhaps a *cringe* pic of that man/woman in drag (so my wife can see just how aweful the costume really was) Also... if anyone has audio of the Livin' on the Prayer / Back to New Jersy remix :D

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

I always pictured Axes beard as white....hmmm Im shocked! ;)

Give it a few years :D I already have a few greys in there. Gee, I wonder why I like red?

Wow, I'm hairy. (I don't look at many photos of me)

You can see my new Iron Soldier 2 from Song Bird in the background of the photo with the girl in the red sweater..

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Yup, the whole thing was very fun. Sorry I couldn't stay for the AA get together...my wife and I needed to get some hangout time together. It was great to meet some of you all. I was able to pick up a bunch of boxed 2600 games, and my first NES!

Marty--thanks for the good presentation on the LE stuff you all have done. I hope the 2600 portable comes to fruition sooner rather than later. And that's me, next to some blue haired girl, in the 1st pic in the People At The Show pics. :)