IGNORED

SpongeBob SquarePants: Jellyfishing

atari2600land

Thought I'd do a little test to see if I can get SpongeBob and three jellyfish on the screen with little flicker. I think I did OK, what do you think? The jellyfish can move independently, but I haven't programmed that far yet. I'll make missile0 a net holder and missile1 the net part of the net if I can. Also, the SpongeBob sprite needs work (I can't draw very good in Atari.)

sbspjellyfish.bas.bin

sbspjellyfish.bas

• 2 weeks later...

I worked a whole bunch on the moving left/right and jumping code. Next, I need to figure out how to register a hit (once the jellyfish enters the net), and then when that's done, work on the jellyfish moving. I hope this will be a 4k game, but if I need to go above 4k, then i will.

sbspjellyfish.bas.bin

sbspjellyfish.bas

Aeagis,

That is sooooooo cool........ my first ever contribution to a possible cart release...

mind if I draw a spoonge bob ?? just give the specs in `newbie virgin` terms..

Thanks so much...You made my day :D

Paulie ( GINNIDOG )

:D

PS: I also am a Lego model builder ( Amateur )

And I also collect sample license plates

HOpe it was okay to post these here..

:D

post-21756-1228057649_thumb.jpg

post-21756-1228057753_thumb.jpg

post-21756-1228057920_thumb.jpg

post-21756-1228057944_thumb.jpg

As for Patrick as player 2 and multisprite:

It would be a whole lot easier if bB would let you do something like:

if collision(player2,player0)

Also, I fear it would use up too much space between the drawscreens for having all five sprites moving independently, plus a little complex coding for jumping and collision detection. I wasn't really prepared to have a second human-controlled player on the screen. Plus, the maximum score both players could have would be 99, and I was thinking that scores could be well above that. I'll see what I can do, but for now, here's another update.

If you catch a jellyfish, the score increases and another jellyfish enters the screen to replace it. It's a little too easy right now, so i was wondering whether it should be a timed game, have SpongeBob be stung by the jellyfish if he touches one and doesn't catch it, or something else.

sbspjellyfish.bas.bin

sbspjellyfish.bas

If you don't want to add a 2 player mode how about letting the player select if he plays with spongebob or patrick before the game starts, like in your old spongebob game?

I also think the net should be set higher, at the moment it's right in spongebob's face. :D

If you set it higher you could also make it so when the net (missile) touches a jellyfish you get a point and if the player touches the jellyfish you lose a life...

The game plays already not bad, looking forward to see what you can do with this one!

I would like to see this tap into a little mp3 player built into the cartridge case, it plays "kc and the sunshine band" song that goes "do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight" as Spongebob and Patrick finally explore their love for one another.

Oh wait, wrong game.. in all seriousness I think it would be cool if you could pick one character or the other when you play and they both have different abilities.. such as one jumps higher.

If I flicker SpongeBob and Patrick in multisprite and have the jellyfish be players 1-5, then I should be able to do a 2-player mode, but then Patrick and SpongeBob could only be one color. Should I do the trade-off?

Hmm... i'd say it's worth a try! But i guess then you would have to call the game"SpongeBob and Patrick go Jellyfishing nude". :D

Here's a little sound effect. The more jellyfish that are near you, the louder the buzzing is. Does anyone have a good idea about how to do collision detection for stinging (death?) Since I'm using flickering, i don't really have a good idea on how to do it.

sbspjellyfish.bas.bin

sbspjellyfish.bas

Here's a little sound effect. The more jellyfish that are near you, the louder the buzzing is. Does anyone have a good idea about how to do collision detection for stinging (death?) Since I'm using flickering, i don't really have a good idea on how to do it.

Well, I just played for thirty seconds and died about a dozen times, so I think collision detection is working pretty well the way you have it now. :)

Nice game, BTW!

Jarod.