IGNORED

For Sale>>Apple Vision 2600 Console by Milmar/Dactar of Brazil $65 shipped

ninermaniac

I have decided to sell this little gem. I don't know much about this console but it is one I haven't seen before personnally myself until I got my hands on one. It's a Brazilian Apple Vision Console 2600 clone. Some would say that it's Milmar / Apple Vision but I really don't know. Really I have no clue to it's worth either.It's pretty much like it's counter parts but I haven't personnaly taken this apart to check out the innards but it feels about the same weight as a Dactar and Dismac console. It's PAL-M and works on NTSC sets. I have tested this console and it works great.

UPDATE: I have opened this console up and in fact the board is made by Milmar. The same company that makes Dactar boards. I have found out this console actually came out after Dactar consoles were made in a promotional period of time. Why I do not know. Works great though.

Edited by ninermaniac

It's probably from Brazil like so much other cool 2600 stuff. Someone should show this to Steve Jobs.

Whypod?

Oh, um, these are uncommon in Brazil. Nowhere near as uncommon as the Activision Dismac console, which is far from impossible. If it's in perfect shape (they used alot of brittle plastics in Brazil making most of the old 2600 consoles and they tend to chip easily), I'd value it at $30-$75. I think that a reasonable price for one in good nick would be $50. $100 would be over paying, $75-$150 boxed. There isn't such a massive market for hardware, but you just don't see a ton of good Braz import hardware here in the US, which helps the heighten prices. Applevision is apparently another label for Dactar, and all Applevision label variations are generally harder to find than Dactar, hardware included. Even the box for this unit looks almost the same as a Dactar box. Perhaps it was like Atari and Kee Games.

I would guess that the demand in the import hardware market is limited by space. Most people just don't have the space to go knee deep in console variations, so they stay clear. Even if there were twice as many folks into it, supply could easily outstrip demand for such items. I think that Brazilians aren't pressing to sell in the US because they have a reasonable market down there, where they can get relatively good prices for stuff.

It's in great shape. The left corner looks as it may have been cracked but someone carefully sealed that not really noticable at all. Not chipped at all though. It doesn't have the same kind of Switches that I am used to. They are the kind that dip down and not slide down kinda like Dactar consoles. Pretty cool if you ask me. This is one I can't find much info on anywhere. Milmar / Apple Vision is as close as I have come to a match to this. I did not see anything in what I read that had anything to do with Dactar or Dismac but I am sure that they are related to Dactar in some way because of the Symbol in the middle of the console. I think it's neat but I usually only collect boxed systems. (Hence the reason I only collect loose games. It's a space reason. I have none for all of it.) If I could get my hands on a box for this I'd probably keep it but that seems highly unlikely since I haven't even found a picture of it yet anywhere. :cool:

Edited by ninermaniac

I'm sure you all don't need to be told but ninermaniac is a straight shooter and has some nice stuff. I bought his Activision one of these and he did a great job packing and shipping quickly. Don't hesitate to buy from him.

Well, Thank ya. I appreciate the nice comments. :cool:

It's still for sale. :D

• 10 years later...