IGNORED

Mac OS X Leopard Cross-Assembler/Disassembler?

flashjazzcat

So it is later already ;)

Here is Mads 1.9 built for PPC (one day I'll figure out Universal binaries!):

Macintosh:Documents paul$ uname -a
Darwin Macintosh.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Wed Jul 15 16:57:01 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh

Macintosh:Documents paul$ ./mads -v
mads 1.9.0
Syntax: mads source [switches]
-b:address	Generate binary file at specific address
-c		Label case sensitivity
-d:label=value	Define a label
-f		CPU command at first column
-hc[:filename]	Header file for CC65
-hm[:filename]	Header file for MADS
-i:path		Additional include directories
-l[:filename]	Generate listing
-m:filename	File with macro definition
-o:filename	Set object file name
-p		Print fully qualified file names in listing and error messages
-s		Silent mode
-t[:filename]	List label table
-x		Exclude unreferenced procedures
-vu		Verify code inside unreferenced procedures
-u		Warn of unused labels

mads.zip

First of all: Happy New year!! I hope 2010 will bring you all good Atari times!

Could you tell me what line you type at the terminal (mac os x) to compile it on or for PPC?

I used the example line at the top of the MADS.PAS file... but that did not work out very well.

I'm happy with all your help, and your binary too! But in the future I would love to be able to compile them myself, in case there is another update...

Thanks!

MArius

First of all: Happy New year!! I hope 2010 will bring you all good Atari times!

Could you tell me what line you type at the terminal (mac os x) to compile it on or for PPC?

I used the example line at the top of the MADS.PAS file... but that did not work out very well.

I'm happy with all your help, and your binary too! But in the future I would love to be able to compile them myself, in case there is another update...

Thanks!

MArius

Hi Marius

The strange thing is I just used the line from the top of the file something like fpc -Mdelphi -vh -O3 mads.pas from memory. Worked like a charm. Can you post your error messages ?

Sorry to hijack this thread.

... and cc65 is available straight from fink :) (<me> Hits control-C on the Terminal window running build of cc65 from source !)

I used to have cc65 installed on my G5 Mac. I have recently upgraded to a brand new intel iMac, and I can't for the life of me remember how I installed cc65. I have followed the instructions to install cc65 with DarwinPorts, but where do I put the atari specific libraries?

Brilliant! Thank you so much for those :) Can't wait to try them later.

Anyone know of a good 6502 disassembler for OS X?

I'll second that question. I've been searching the net for one but haven't managed to find one yet. Anyone?

The Monitor on the Atari800MacOSX has a disassembler build in (F8, then "d <address>"). That is what I use if I need to look at running code.

If I need to disassemble a file, I still use IDA Pro Freeware (in DOSBox on a MacOS X), you probably cannot find a better disassembler for 6502 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Disassembler ).

-- Carsten

Edited by cas

• 7 months later...

Hi Peter

Download and build DMD. You'll need XCode (or another gcc compatible compiler).

To build DMD unpack it into a folder and the open a terminal and cd into dmd/src/dmd and use the osx.mak makefile to build it. I did make -f osx.mak. It drops the exes into dmd/osx/bin. There doesn't seem to be an install option in the osx makefile though so I just made the dmd obj2asm and shell files executable and ran dmd ../path/to/xasm/source/xasm.d which resulted in the xasm binary being built in the current directory.

Hope that makes sense if not shout and I'll try and help. I can also post a built xasm if you like?

• 3 years later...

I got WUDSN and MADS going pretty quickly under OSX 10.6.

You'll probably want to upgrade to at least 10.6 if you're Mac won't run 10.8.

10.6 is MUCH improved over 10.5 and takes better advantage of multiple cores. A lot of software requires 10.6 as a minimum as well. If you want open source goodies, you might want to install Fink as well.

The only think we still have running 10.5 is my son's G4 eMac because PPC support was dropped in 10.6.

Edited by kogden