IGNORED

I am Back after a rough time

Sean39

Hi my Friends

I am back after a rought time. Daughter had alot of Seizzure from the carwreck that killed her mother and grandparents.

My father at one time worked for Atari or a contractor that did work form them. Now my father been dead for quite a while.

He told me that the Store had Display units. hese were Atari VCS that hooked up tp a black square composite monitor. Who knows about

this besides me. Also my father said in Dec. 1976 that atari Displayed units then later on had their release in 1977 to the public to buy

the system. Most the chips used in the Atari VCS were designed in 1975 so that possible. I am going off my memory,but I do remember my

Father working on them in the begining. Well does anyone know about these 1976 machine most people decline these never existed.

I was around in 1976 and I did see one,but they were used only to promoted the coming of the new machine. We were living in California

at the time. My father was a electronic engineer. From 1976 to october 1977 no machines were sold only displayed in very few stores.

My father showed me one in 1976 and I DO REMEMBER THAT YEAR. It was in DEC. and again my father was tied in with Atari.

Well I need someone who would remember 1976 very well. I am in my 40's so if you are younger than that I doubt you would remember

this machine.

Sean

I didn't hear about the Atari VCS until 1978 or early 1979. My mother saw one at the department store she worked at, told me about it, then eventually showed me. You'd think I would have seen a commercial on TV or something. Had to wait until 1982 before I could get one.

The official date date Atari put for Sales is October of 1977,and that when the public could start to buy one.

I know I am going to get a lot on this but my father said there was unit made in 1976 for stores only to show.

This was to give a early look at the machine before it would be released in October of 1977.

My dad said they did it in Dec. 1976 since that when people look,but from what I understand there was not alot made and later those units were

destroyed by Atari when the 1977 units came out.

Now this is what my father said.

Sean

Edited by Sean39

The official date date Atari put for Sales is October of 1977,and that when the public could start to buy one.

I know I am going to get a lot on this but my father said there was unit made in 1976 for stores only to show.

This was to give a early look at the machine before it would be released in October of 1977.

My dad said they did it in Dec. 1976 since that when people look,but from what I understand there was not alot made and later those units were

destroyed by Atari when the 1977 units came out.

Now this is what my father said.

Sean

From what I understand, after Warner bought Atari, inc. The system code-named "stella" (which would be renamed the Atari Video Computer System, was indeed finished. That would be in December 1976. So it is quite possible that indeed the system would be showed at select locations just enough to get a good buzz going around before the fully developed system's release. Since they were attempting to beat the rush of other cartridge based systems they anticipated, I think it makes a lot of sense that they would show that they already had created it. That way they could show that they weren't just another company on the "me too! me too!" wagon. I too would like to hear if anyone could verify this?