IGNORED

New Game Demo - "Click! - Christmas 2008 Edition"

Cybernoid

post-4398-1228518529_thumb.pngpost-4398-1228518536_thumb.png

click.zip

Hi all!

Here is my new game called "Click!". It is a simple game that can be played with the joystick, koala pad, light gun or ST mouse. This is the Christmas 2008 Edition. The New Years 2009 Edition will be included on pps's New Years 2009 Disc. So, look out for the disc for some new features! ;)

Game Options:

Press Option at the "Click!" Screen to select between joystick, koala pad, light gun or ST mouse.

Game Play:

The object of the game is to not let the screen fill up with Christmas icons (there can be 76 on screen) and to not click on the center icon or any icons like it. If you click on an icon that is like the center icon, then you loose control of the cursor for a time. The game is over when the screen fills up completely.

Scoring:

The first icon clicked is worth 1 point. Each icon just like the last one clicked is worth 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 points in succession. Each icon like the last one clicked after the 8th is worth 128 points also.

To start the game:

Press Start before the first level.

Press the Joystick Fire, the Mouse Button, the Gun Trigger, or the Koala Pan Button between each level to advance to the next level.

That is it! But, you must balance your motives. On one hand you can let the screen fill up to allow you to gain more point multipliers. On the other hand, you must not let the board fill up completely... and it will fill up quickly.

Also, I am looking for comments, or any changes you would like to see to the game... I'll see what I can do...

Merry Christmas and Happy Clicking.... ;)

Edited by Cybernoid

Cybernoid,

Fun game. My kid will like it too. I love the controller icons.

When you do the 2009 (if you haven't already) can you add Atari touch tablet controls? The Koala pad is the reverse of the touch tablet so it's hard to use since up is down and left is right.

Allan

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has downloaded this game and thanks for all the great comments.

Cybernoid,

When you do the 2009 (if you haven't already) can you add Atari touch tablet controls? The Koala pad is the reverse of the touch tablet so it's hard to use since up is down and left is right.

Allan

Thanks. Great! My kids love it, too... My 4yo daughter loves to play with the light gun and dance to the music. It is funny to see my 2yo son shoot the light gun too. They helped me debug it. ;) I have been having fun playing with my infrared wireless ST mouse from "ALFA DATA"...

I will add a touch tablet option. I did not know that it was reverse of the koala pad. In the emulator, it seems that left/right are okay, but up/down is reverse. Is this correct? I do not have a real Atari touch tablet, just a koala pad.

Anyway, I wanted to code input controls for several different input devices. This simple game morphed from that code. Sometimes the simple things are fun!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has downloaded this game and thanks for all the great comments.

Cybernoid,

Allan

Thanks. Great! My kids love it, too... My 4yo daughter loves to play with the light gun and dance to the music. It is funny to see my 2yo son shoot the light gun too. They helped me debug it. ;) I have been having fun playing with my infrared wireless ST mouse from "ALFA DATA"...

I will add a touch tablet option. I did not know that it was reverse of the koala pad. In the emulator, it seems that left/right are okay, but up/down is reverse. Is this correct? I do not have a real Atari touch tablet, just a koala pad.

Anyway, I wanted to code input controls for several different input devices. This simple game morphed from that code. Sometimes the simple things are fun!

Yes, sorry, it's just the up and down that is reversed.

Thanks,

Allan

Yes, sorry, it's just the up and down that is reversed.

Thanks,

Allan

You got it! I will make sure to have an Atari Touch Tablet option. I guess that would be better than flipping the touch tablet over so that the cord faces you and you are looking at the underside to play this game...from underneath the tablet. ;)

That's fun. A non-violent light gun game, too. I no longer have a tablet or mouse, so I couldn't try it that way.

Thanks for the game!

Hey, no problem. I love to create games for the 8bit and I wanted something to use my light gun and koala pad with... ;)

Simply addictive!

That's fun. A non-violent light gun game, too. I no longer have a tablet or mouse, so I couldn't try it that way.

Thanks for the game!

Hey, no problem. I love to create games for the 8bit and I wanted something to use my light gun and koala pad with... ;)