IGNORED

Lynx 1 Repair Problem - Help Needed!

Elerach

Hey everybody, I recently got a lynx, but im having some problems with it.

I have an AC adaptor, and i tried 6 batteries, but no matter what i do, i cant get it to turn on. i tired cleaning the slots, trying different games, e.t.c

But no luck...... the cart door wont close all the way but i put the carts in and they *click* like they should.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

I definitely did not plug the AC adaptor into the headphone jack, i know that.

i also have no idea what im looking for inside the lynx that might indicate anything is broken. i dont have a multimeter, although i can guess what it does (measures power)

I'll take some photos and post them of the insides, and maybe somebody can tell me what is wrong.

my lynx 1 does same thing though i know it needs that ebay item up there

From what I know it is a common issue for things like this to happen,

mine is soldered right from what I was told but the thing is it still doesn't work right

Im in your boat as well,

I hope you find out whats going on with yours,

I have an AC adaptor, and i tried 6 batteries, but no matter what i do, i cant get it to turn on. i tired cleaning the slots, trying different games, e.t.c

But no luck...... the cart door wont close all the way but i put the carts in and they *click* like they should.

Sounds like the old MOS-FET problem. Q12 or was it Q11 in the Lynx I. You can easily try if this is the case by connecting a wire from headphone shield (the ground in for the headphones) to battery minus. It is the job of the MOS-FET component to do this connection to turn on the Lynx. If the Lynx turns on when you put the wire there then you know where your problem is.

--

Karri

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds like the old MOS-FET problem. Q12 or was it Q11 in the Lynx I. You can easily try if this is the case by connecting a wire from headphone shield (the ground in for the headphones) to battery minus. It is the job of the MOS-FET component to do this connection to turn on the Lynx. If the Lynx turns on when you put the wire there then you know where your problem is.

--

Karri

My #1 repair on dead Lynxes is to resolder the three pins on the power adapter jack.

Rick D.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping a semi-ancient thread..

however, I was wondering if anyone had some of these mosfet laying around and if I could get 1 or 2 so I could fix a lynx I have that has this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brad

--

Karri