IGNORED

AtariVox rev2

Richard H.

Add Vectrex support to the AtariVox?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Vectrex support added to the AtariVox?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

With a mini flathead screwdriver it's not hard to pry open the case. Of course, you're liable to pop the tabs, after which it will be pretty loose and need to be held together with rubber-bands. That's the price of admission if you want to shuttle this back and forth between both units. I never wanted people to see this as purely "set at the factory and forget it". People should not be hesitant to flip the dipswitches. It's just not as simple as a single toggle switch, that's all. I wouldn't suggest drilling a slot in the case because it will damage the labeling, that is, if the label is put on the top side, but everyone's feelings about cosmetics differ.

Hi,

I also please want an Atrivox+ !!!

I have a few 2600 Homebrews like Juno First and would like to store my score but more important looking forward to get some voice out of my Vectrex like from Berzerk Voice Enhanced!

How may I put myself on an order list?

I read another thread will be opened?

Many thanks in advance!

Horst

For now posting your desire here is good. Right now I have that thread in the homebrew section for "as long as you need them loaners." That's not because I'm sitting on my hands for the retail stuff. Just hopeful programmers get a hold of some and start making more games while I'm getting boxes, manuals, labels, testing, etc... They are not going to be artificially delayed for any reason. Once ready if people want them they will be available.

For now posting your desire here is good. Right now I have that thread in the homebrew section for "as long as you need them loaners." That's not because I'm sitting on my hands for the retail stuff. Just hopeful programmers get a hold of some and start making more games while I'm getting boxes, manuals, labels, testing, etc... They are not going to be artificially delayed for any reason. Once ready if people want them they will be available.

Just wondering if these will be in any way different from the original AVox, and if they'll continue to work in Stella. If so, that's great for developers. If not, then Stella will need to be updated ...

"It would have been preferable to build the special vox items I want with bare parts"

Why is it 'preferable'? That would require that you purchase additional speakjets in bulk (to receive a decent price) and spend hours soldering, all to build an Atarivox variation that has no known demand.

There's nothing I'm preventing you from doing. I have 400 boards, some extra speakjets, and parts, and I'll send you the lot when you really need it. But there's nothing you need right now.

I have not heard back from Albert yet on the additional case parts, manuals, and labels. I know he can be busy and flooded with PMs so I thought I'd post that I'm reaching out here in case he looks in the thread. No rush, just letting you know I sent the PM.

Been a pretty busy week and I'm at the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, but I'll respond before the weekend's up..

..Al

Been a pretty busy week and I'm at the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, but I'll respond before the weekend's up..

..Al

Not a problem man. Just didn't like anyone inferring that I'm somehow trying to hatch these Vox units like an egg :lol:

My sister moved down there last year, and now my mother is going too. One of these years I'm going to have an excuse to hit a convention down there. Would be nice to meet up with you and a few of the other TX gents from AA.

AX

..Al

I'm in shreveport - I live about 20 miles from the east Texas border - what city is the pinball festival located in? I totally need to road trip to one of these Texas events some day; seems like they've got several in the state.

Just as an update, I'm in this with both feet now. Thus far I've spent hundreds of dollars on boxes and decals. The shells have all been removed to sort out what was what on the inside, and a good number of units have been tested. I am keeping a list of those who have expressed an interest within this thread. Those individuals should be expecting a PM soon. If you are interested in having a Vox and have not done so already, please feel free to request one here.

Thank You

• Like 1

[REMOVED PROVISIONALLY]

Wow! I just read the whole thing in my email (think of it as a thread subscriber bonus). For those of you who missed out, it went something like this:

@mos6507: I know hat's done is done, and while I have nothing against The.Golden.Ax, if you felt that way, you should have sent them to Albert instead.

That said, I plan on buying one of these AtariVoxes eventually, be it through the Atariage store, The.Golden.Ax, or elsewhere. Whomever makes them available first will get my $$$.