IGNORED

Adventure with invisible dragons.

accousticguitar

They show up when they are moving over the playfield barriers but they don't show up against the gray background. I made the corridors narrower and changed some of the playfield colors to help make the invisible dragons show up a bit better.

invisdrg.bin

Here is another version closer to the original version. The dragons are invisible and some of the room colors have been changed, but otherwise it is the same as Adventure (no narrow corridors and it is 4k).

invis4k.bin

post-8785-0-52234400-1502344689_thumb.png

Edited by accousticguitar

• 4 months later...

Wow, that's pretty cool!

Do you think it would be nifty if the dragons were invisible except when within X pixels of you? Dunno if that's easily doable, but it'd add something, I think.

Sure. Do an X/Y comparison check before printing the display...and remove them from the print queue if out of range (by storing the null sprite).

I still don't know if that would be easily doable. :lol:

Edit: Wouldn't that make the dragons completely invisible so that you wouldn't see them coming at all even when they are moving through the background barriers?

Edited by accousticguitar

Hello Earthquake, I haven't seen you in a while!

Again, my post was too short to be understood how I intended. What I meant was that now the gray dragons can be seen moving against the playfield barriers even when they are far away from the square. With Nukey's method the dragons wouldn't be visible at all until they got close enough to the square to be visible if I understand it correctly (and the colors could be changed back to the original colors). I like the way they are now, but this other way might be fun too. You would just be traveling along and suddenly a dragon would materialize out of nowhere. Could be good. I suppose you might see the bat flying along carrying nothing (apparently) once in a while.

I suppose you might see the bat flying along carrying nothing (apparently) once in a while.

And then he might swoop down to grab something from you, only to deposit a surprise dragon in your lap. :o