IGNORED

Old Arcade games you would have liked Coleco to make for the Colecovision!

ILA2600

• 2 weeks later...

Late voting for a decent version of some great Gottleib arcade games:

Reactor (with decent Music) and Roller Controller Support

Mad Planets (would be great with the spinner on the SAC)

Neither of these games (IMHO) get the love and attention they deserve. Qbert is stealing all the Gottlieb Video Game Attention of late (though he deserves the love too.) :)

Phoenix

Jungle Hunt with the arcade BGM tune added

Astro Blaster

Baraduke

Legendary Wings

Metrocross

Seicross

Mag Max

Bermuda Triangle

Terra Cresta

Of course some of these were probably released after the retail life of the Coleco but I think the machine could have done them justice!

Great idea!

That would be awesome to have this one for ColecoVision

I will try to put this one in my todo list

Maybe as part of a multigame cart that pays tribute to a number of the first video games ever made. By itself, I think you would have to include two versions of the game in order to make it attractive to possible purchasers... the hard core collectors will buy it no matter what. The first version would be an identical clone of the original Computer Space game and the second would be an updated version that uses the full capabilities of the CV.

Maybe as part of a multigame cart that pays tribute to a number of the first video games ever made. By itself, I think you would have to include two versions of the game in order to make it attractive to possible purchasers... the hard core collectors will buy it no matter what. The first version would be an identical clone of the original Computer Space game and the second would be an updated version that uses the full capabilities of the CV.

I would push the idea even further. In fact, something I am considering is to include several bonus games that could be somehow unlocked in my version of Asteroids for ColecoVision (this is not discussed on my web site, by the way). Among possible bonus games:

- Asteroids Deluxe (this would be a hard one to implement, with those spinning asteroids, but I'd be willing to give it a try)

- Computer Space

- Space War

- Saucer (a clone of U.F.O. on the Odyssey 2, using the saucer from Asteroids)

- Minestorm (adaptation of the Vectrex game)

- Star Castle

I wouldn't include all of them (unless I were to use a MegaCart, perhaps) but those are the ones I'm considering. :)

• Like 3