IGNORED

Jaguar Market

Flashball

Hello there,

After about 1O years of pause, I've just rediscovered my old Jag, buy some mythics titles (Worms, Zero 5, NBA TE), see the Jag's stuff around the web, and I have a simple question: how many gamers is the jag market today in 2008-2009?

In fact, I was very surprised to have to wait for a cart to be "available" (Worms), I've done the conclusion that some carts are always produced for the Jag, and I'm quite surprised about it. Do you know if that would be possible to produce new cardridges for new games and what will be the price for theses games - related question with the previous one!? :) Some games like ProtectorSE or Worms have a very high price (about 100$), but they are available now!

There is probably something like 500 active Jag gamers in the world. Just a guess. :) Probably only 100 of those participate in Jag communities online. Indeed it would be nice to have many Jag games for a more affordable price. I for one would buy the more expensive games cart only if it was offered. :) Should reduce the price somewhat anyway.

There is probably something like 500 active Jag gamers in the world. Just a guess. :) Probably only 100 of those participate in Jag communities online. Indeed it would be nice to have many Jag games for a more affordable price. I for one would buy the more expensive games cart only if it was offered. :) Should reduce the price somewhat anyway.

That sounds about right,however id like to think that there are about 1,000 but due to none participation in the forums its hard to tell anymore. Many people leave the scene and comeback later. :)

Yep, I've been somewhat active in the Jag community since 2002. :) Can't believe it's been that long already... And then there are people who've been in the Jag community since the mid 90's! :o I dunno about 1000 people though Buddies... I mean, I usually see the same people on Jag forums and it's only like 20-25 at each forum. Then there are the forums from other countries in Europe etc. And then the people who don't participate on the forums. But I mean, EVERYONE has the internet nowadays and I would think if someone was atleast semi-active in the Jag community, you'd see them posting once in awhile. Hard to say though.

To add to that, sure there are thousands of Jag systems out there. But my guess is many of them have been trashed, lost, stuck in the bottom of the closet etc. Then there are the game collectors which there are tons of. A lot of them probably have Jags, but never play them. They only have them for collecting etc.

Edited by kevincal

I would say a world wide guess of 500 people that have at least 1 Jag hooked to a TV, I would way at least 300 or so own 2 to 3 jag's...I know I own 2 Jag's and 1 Jag CD, I still occassionaly purchase games on e-bay, since I am unwilling to pay more than $40 for a single Jag game, I do not own any Telegames titles and only 1 Songbird game, The proto games are also out of reach(Barkley, Ice Hockey, Phace Zero, etc.)

In my opinion their are probably a little more then a hundred or so Jag constumers that are actively purchasing games, and since Telegames and Songbirds games were made in low #'s I'm sure that I will never be able to afford these games.....Supply and Demand

Jaguar Sector 2 has roughly a 1000 members as of recent. Those would of course be people of differenent levels of fandom from "I just got a Jaguar"/"Interested in the Jaguar" to "I play the Jaguar daily and have every game.

I think that is what Buddy Buddies is basing this on.

Count me as a semi regular Jaguar player and poster on this forum. Been on here since late 2002 and have owned my Jag since I bought it from an now defunct video game store chain in late 1995.

Hello there,

After about 1O years of pause, I've just rediscovered my old Jag, buy some mythics titles (Worms, Zero 5, NBA TE), see the Jag's stuff around the web, and I have a simple question: how many gamers is the jag market today in 2008-2009?

In fact, I was very surprised to have to wait for a cart to be "available" (Worms), I've done the conclusion that some carts are always produced for the Jag, and I'm quite surprised about it. Do you know if that would be possible to produce new cardridges for new games and what will be the price for theses games - related question with the previous one!? :) Some games like ProtectorSE or Worms have a very high price (about 100$), but they are available now!

I have owned a Jaguar since late 2000. I became interested in the Jaguar when I read mentions of the aftermath of the BattleSphere release. I have or have had most of the released games on both cart and CD. Sometimes I am very active in the forums because I'm currently playing something, while other times the Jaguar is sitting in a box and I don't have much to say.

I think it's that way for a lot of Jaguar owners. We've played to death the games we have, and there isn't that much left to say about them; we're all talked out. However, when there is the occasional new release, that seems to "stir the pot" and make the scene active again for a short while.

I'd guess that there are somewhere between 500 and 1000 fans who are really active and vocal in the community.

What I mean by Jaguar community, is the ONLINE Jaguar community... ;) I've had a Jag since 1994 as well... But only started participating in the online Jag community in 2002. ;)

And I just arrived at the online Jaguar community 1 and a half year ago, but I bought the Jag in its early days.

I never read in a magazine about these online forums, I had to figure it out myself.

First I joined AtariAge and loved it. This place was the first time I heard about JaguarSector2, but I only joined them 7 month ago because the restriction scared me off, but I got over it and my first posts were mostly rubbish just to get accepted a.s.a.p. :D

What I mean by Jaguar community, is the ONLINE Jaguar community... ;) I've had a Jag since 1994 as well... But only started participating in the online Jag community in 2002. ;)

And I just arrived at the online Jaguar community 1 and a half year ago, but I bought the Jag in its early days.

I never read in a magazine about these online forums, I had to figure it out myself.

First I joined AtariAge and loved it. This place was the first time I heard about JaguarSector2, but I only joined them 7 month ago because the restriction scared me off, but I got over it and my first posts were mostly rubbish just to get accepted a.s.a.p. :D

:cool:

Funny, that the worst system ever made or worst controller ever, top 10 from different websites is the thing that gets the community rolling.

thanks for your excellent contribution to this thread, if you read it on the internet, than it is probably true.

what is also funny, is that people feel the need for senseless bashing :thumbsdown:

Edited by dantheratman

Funny, that the worst system ever made or worst controller ever, top 10 from different websites is the thing that gets the community rolling.

thanks for your excellent contribution to this thread, if you read it on the internet, than it is probably true.

what is also funny, is that people feel the need for senseless bashing :thumbsdown:

Amen to that, the Jag is definitely not the worst system ever!! It is an awesome system that was just under-utilized and had alot of games that didn't show its potential, if developers had learned how to better use its POWER we all might be using

Jag 3's instead of PS3's :D