IGNORED

What are some arcade games that were never made into a console version?

Zap!

you can try an unoffical port for c64 called Crazy comets.

Has Bubbles and Splat from williams any port? (I like Food Fight more than Splat anyway).And Jungler from Konami?

Rally-x has a MSX port. There was fans making a port for atari 8 bit computers (from atariware.cl), looks very good but I think It's cancelled :(

Jungler was released on the Arcadia 2001.

Jungler was one of the few really good Arcadia 2001 games besides Pleiads, Jump Bug and Cat Trax.

I just recently found out that it was also planned for the 2600 as it seems! :-o

http://www.atarihq.com/museum/2678/games/misc/jungler.jpg

Taito-Gladiator, Wild Western, TinStar,---has qix ever been ported?

Atari-Skulls and Crossbones, Rolling Thunder..Escape from the plant of robot monsters peter pack rat, was road runner done?

black widow

Satans Hollow

kickman

super zaxxon

timber

Hmm, I now think we need three categories, since Satan's Hollow made it to Atari computers:

Category 1: Arcade games that never made it to any consoles, not even compilations 20+ years later. :

Category 2: Arcade games that never made it the first time around. Compilations 20 years later don't count.

Category 3: Arcade games that never made it to consoles OR computers.

Juno First (soon to be remedied)?

Konami released Juno First on the MSX as one of their first games.

I don't think Mappy or Rally X got ported did they?

Both Mappy and Rally X also got official Namco(t) ports on MSX, part of the 'GameCenter' series; which is a collection of 12 games (including Galaga, Pac Man and some others)

How about FRONT LINE, a nice Taito release from the early 80's, and one of my favorites... I know it never came out on the consoles back in the day, but did it ever come out ON ANYTHING?

Taito also officially released Front Line on the MSX.

has qix ever been ported?

Qix is one of the highlights of the Atari 5200 library. It also has a Game Boy port and is on the Taito Legends 2 (PS2) disc.

Volfied was ported to the Genesis as Ultimate Qix, qualifying it under the 5 year rule. It was also ported to the Playstation as Qix Neo years after the fact.

Super Qix is also on the Taito Legends (PS2/Xbox) disc.

Taito-Gladiator, Wild Western, TinStar

Gladiator is on Taito Legends 1 (PS2/XBox). Wild Western is on Taito Legends 2 (PS2). AFAIK, neither had arcade ports when they were relevant.

Satan's Hollow

timber

Satan's Hollow was available for the Atari 8 bits and the Commodore 64. It's also on Midway Arcade Treasures (PS2).

Timber is available on Midway Arcade Treasures volume 2 (PS2).

Black Widow

This is on a couple of the Atari compilations. It's on Atari Anniversary Redux (PS1) and the Atari Anthology (PS2). It probably appears many other places in the 20 years after the fact category.

Super Zaxxon

It appears on one of the Genesis Collections. I'm not sure if it's the PS2 or PSP Genesis Collection.

kickman

I could have sworn I've seen a port of this on the C-64, but it has been many years, so I'm not entirely sure.

How about Pac & Pal....

Does Super Pac-Man count..it has the Prototype on the 5200

Both Pac & Pal and Super Pac Man are available on the Super Pac-Man plug n' play.

Super Pac is also available on the C64, as part of Namco Museum Vol 3 (PS1), on the Game Boy Color (as part of Ms. Pac-Man), and allegedly on Namco Museum Remix (Wii).

How about Pac & Pal....

Does Super Pac-Man count..it has the Prototype on the 5200

Both Pac & Pal and Super Pac Man are available on the Super Pac-Man plug n' play.

Super Pac is also available on the C64, as part of Namco Museum Vol 3 (PS1), on the Game Boy Color (as part of Ms. Pac-Man), and allegedly on Namco Museum Remix (Wii).

but they werent made for console versions. anthing starting from PS1 and up doesnt count.

Edited by CARTRIDGE STEALER

How about FRONT LINE, a nice Taito release from the early 80's, and one of my favorites... I know it never came out on the consoles back in the day, but did it ever come out ON ANYTHING?

Taito also officially released Front Line on the MSX.

Also Front Line was released by Coleco for the Atari 2600 in 1984.

It was obviosly released for the Colecovision, one of my favorite coleco games.

• 1 month later...

Here are some of the ones I like a lot that never got put on consoles:

Dragon Breed: Shooter game made by Irem where you're on a dragon; Kinda like a 2d Panzer Dragoon.

Blood Brothers: Sequel to Cabal that has a western theme. I like this game because the levels feel like they have a lot of physical depth to them. There are usually lots of enemies on the screen at any given time as well.

Wild West C.O.W.-boys of Moo Mesa: Kinda sorta a spiritual successor to Sunset Riders except this time you play as anthropomorphic cows that are also cowboys (not quite sure how that works). This is a good sidescrolling platform shooter and it's a big shame it didn't get a great SNES port like Sunset Riders.

War of the Worlds: This is a cool color vector game that I came across in a rom recently. As far as 3d vector games go, this one is pretty good.

Shock Troopers: Great overhead shooter for the Neo Geo that never got a port. It's on a Neo Geo collection though now for PS2 I believe. (Though I guess this game was released for the Neo Geo AES if you want to count that...but I don't considering for the cost of that system and its games you might as well have just bought a damn arcade machine anyway)

G.I. Joe: This was a fun sort of shooting gallery game (similar to Rambo 3 or Dynamite Duke a bit) where you're constantly running forward and blasting tons of enemies and explosive objects. I was disappointed this was never ported to NES or SNES.

As you can see I like me some shooters.

-Adam