IGNORED

pitfall 2 invincible

pacman3211

It's 1 byte too long (s/b only 10,495 bytes...not 10,496), so Z26 fails to recognise it's bankswitch method. Fixed by cutting off the last byte.

BTW falls still subtracted 100 points when landing hard, so I removed that too (no way to lose points).

Pitfall_2_invincible.bin

Edited by Nukey Shay

It's 1 byte too long (s/b only 10,495 bytes...not 10,496), so Z26 fails to recognise it's bankswitch method. Fixed by cutting off the last byte.

BTW falls still subtracted 100 points when landing hard, so I removed that too (no way to lose points).

Thanks. Is there a way to make him swim faster? I love making him swim, but he acts like he's never been in water before. A famous explorer should be able to swim faster, at least in a hacked version anyway.

• 10 years later...

Toying around with the silent hack, I figured out fast swimming for you (w/invincibility).  I was working on adding sounds for the now-empty audio channel 0.

Description:

LD242 is executed when in water, so I set bit6 in the controller status (@$83...bit7=button, low nybble=left stick).

Checked for those 2 top bits later in LD2E0 and LD31E to see if the DEC and INC to Harry's position should be doubled.

This hack would be possible in the original game too...lotta empty romspace before the bankswitch area at $x880.

Pitfall2invincible(Silent,FastSwim).bin