IGNORED

I think I realized why many don't like resellers...

megasdkirby

On Ebay, a CIB copy of Title Match Pro Wrestling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Title-Match-Pro-Wrestl...1QQcmdZViewItem

Decent price? Not considering how much the seller won it for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Demeos-TITLEMATCH...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm all for selling and making a profit, but at the same time, I understand why many despise resellers.

And yes, I know the copy wyatticog is selling is the same one staff6987512 was selling. How do I know? Because I had contacted staff6987512 and asked him for pictures while the listing was still active! These were the pics:

img1151ax0.th.jpg

img1152ne6.th.jpg

Hmm... Could it be a coincidence?

Again, I am all for reselling. But now I understand why many hate it. To see it won at a decent price, then to see it again sold over ten times more...it does make me cringe a bit.

On Ebay, a CIB copy of Title Match Pro Wrestling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Title-Match-Pro-Wrestl...1QQcmdZViewItem

Decent price? Not considering how much the seller won it for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Demeos-TITLEMATCH...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm all for selling and making a profit, but at the same time, I understand why many despise resellers.

And yes, I know the copy wyatticog is selling is the same one staff6987512 was selling. How do I know? Because I had contacted staff6987512 and asked him for pictures while the listing was still active! These were the pics:

img1151ax0.th.jpg

img1152ne6.th.jpg

Hmm... Could it be a coincidence?

Again, I am all for reselling. But now I understand why many hate it. To see it won at a decent price, then to see it again sold over ten times more...it does make me cringe a bit.

Ok, so I got a deal and yes, I snagged the Manual out of it and listed it at market price or what Ive seen similar go for minus some for the dmamge to the box and me taking the manual because when I bought mine, some douchebag stole the manual. It probably went something like this,"Hey seller, I will trade you a 2600 manual that looks the same and $10 for the manual that says 7800 on it, the buyer will never know," and guess what, he got away with it because I didnt notice until after I gave hi +feedback and spent my $189 + shipping when I bought mine 2 years ago. So the way I see it, Im selling the one I bought 2 years ago with a worse off box. Why should I give it away because I got a deal on my 2nd purchase? I dont know whats it worth with the damage but its documented clearly and there is a best offer and I came here because Shadow just sent a message about how he wants it for what i paid for it. Do me a favor, next time you find a Quadrun at a thrift for less than $50, please PM me and I will give you $5 over what you paid for it afterall, its the same premise right? I dint know what it will sell for thats why there is a best offer but to caome up with BS about reselling is just that, BS. Like I just wrote Shadow, if he bought a classic car for $3000 and it turns out its worth 30,000$ What would he sell it at? It doesnt have to be a car. You all think you are entitled. I won it, I got a deal and Im selling it for whatever its worth, end of story and dont listen to numbnuts the trouble maker overthere. I say what i have to say in public. Like it or leave it. Numbnuts himself buys and sells when he sees a deal. he outbis me for a Water Ski for $15 a few years back and he resold it the next week and not at $15 and he obviosuly needed nothing out of it. I however, needed this manual and whatever best offer I get, I will take and my advice to you is to bid higher next time. Atleats I didnt ask for a side deal like the rest many of these shady loud mouths do. I waited, I bid and I won. Bid higher next time, dont come whining that you lost out.

And I knew I'd find a BS thread like this with someone whining because of Shadows offer. I wasnt 100% certain it was him but it was a good bet and I was right. Thanks for the heads up Shadow ;)

Edited by Phantom

Heres another deal!

here ya go, check out this baby I got this week too!

Finally got this gem and its MINT!

And its not for sale. The rest of the crap will be because I have it all but find the cookie.

It was there for everyone to buy and I couldnt believe I won it and finally have it now should I gp tell the seller and send him a bonus check because I got a deal?

And BTW, I didnt offer the Title Match here in AA because the damage to the box,

I figured most would pass.

That being said, if you want to make me an offer, PM me.

Cheers

... and dont listen to numbnuts the trouble maker overthere. I say what i have to say in public. Like it or leave it. Numbnuts himself buys and sells when he sees a deal. he outbis me for a Water Ski for $15 a few years back and he resold it the next week and not at $15 and he obviosuly needed nothing out of it.
Are you referring to me with these remarks or to the OP?

Because if it's me, then this anecdote about Water Ski, and the suggestion that I buy and resell, are complete fabrications.

Edited by Christophero Sly

... and dont listen to numbnuts the trouble maker overthere. I say what i have to say in public. Like it or leave it. Numbnuts himself buys and sells when he sees a deal. he outbis me for a Water Ski for $15 a few years back and he resold it the next week and not at $15 and he obviosuly needed nothing out of it.

IDK :ponder: :roll: :D :roll: :ponder:

Why you have something else smart to add? Just say it.

Fact is I am dead on and you know it. Why should I pay $189 and $15 and sell the double for the $15?

Who would? No one here that I know of. When you have a point to make, then make one instead of just being sly all the time. Oh I guess with that being your name, I guess you must live the part.

Add something useful or don't bother commenting and for the last time,

please keep any reference of me out of your posts.

Edited by Phantom

Because if it's me, then this anecdote about Water Ski, and the suggestion that I buy and resell, are complete fabrications.

Ok dude. It wasnt you. You have never bought a double and resold it in your life.

I dont care. Maybe I have the wrong Chris that bought that.

So I'll take that back so I can go to bed but you know Im right that if I bought 2 games, and I aid $189 for 1 and $15 for another, why should I just get back what I got a deal on and then In the end, I didnt get any deal, i paid top $ for my copy? To make someone elses day? Does anyone else sell aRare games for 10x's less than they are worth? NO That is the answer to that but anytime I get a double, I have to hear some BS about reselling. When you figure out how I can get rid of a double without selling it, besides trading because Im up for that too. Then you all let me know. Its not like I buy Atari Age boxed games for $35 and sell them for $200 just to make a grossly over inflated profit. What do i do? Keep 2? Sell the one at what I paid for it at $15 and then still had paid $189 only I got my original manual that I should have had in the first place back and in the meantime, lost money to fees? If I traded this for a similar title, that would be cool right? But its quite hard to trade anything when you own most of the library. Now Im done with this and Im going to bed. It wasnt you, I may have been wrong just like you and your PM comment is wrong, so keep any reference to me out of your posts please. Thank you and goodnight

And the best part of this? The thread starts out saying "Decent Price"!

So I must not be far off of its value which was my intention and a best offer is present.

heck I like Sealed games so much more that I inquired about the sealed one Sean had available a few weeks back but I didnt have the coin to pull off. Sealed and I wanted the manual. So if I bought that, I should sell my keeper copy that I still own for a bargain or its ok to now sell that one for market value?

The point is that the arguement that I got a deal on this so I should sell it at a bargain is flawed in multiple ways, including the fact that I put out top $ for the copy I am keeping.

Cheers

Edited by Phantom

Hey peeps chill out will you...I thought we Atari peeps don't bicker amongst ourselves or screw/rip eachother off

It you want my advice peeps, avoid the evil that is ebay like the plague, and we can avoid this nastiness and the '0000s of threads here on AA neggying about ebay (not that i have ever seen one possitive thread about ebay on AA)

How about it peeps (it is supposed to be christmas after all)

Word to the wise... block all your incoming PM's. :ponder:

Hehe, I know I may be bitched about, but I could not believe what I saw until I saw it listed.

I understand making a profit, and that's awesome. But to gouge the price like that...well, it will only cause the game to stay listed on Ebay for many years without any "bites", mainly because of the condition of the box.

It's funny because there was another person bidding for it (lost, btw). It was another reseller called "masterkanaargames", but lost to the current buyer/seller. I was going to bid, but the box was in nasty shape, so I decided against it. Awesome too, since I found it miles cheaper and minty from a friend a few days later. :)

Still, why not relist the game for 3-4 times more instead of over 10 times more? I would presume a more realistic price of $50 BIN would entice buyers instead of over over $150+.

I just hope the seller does not complain and wonder why it hasn't sold...for over a year! Because it's bound to happen, unfortunately.

Word to the wise... block all your incoming PM's. :ponder:

Hehe, I know I may be bitched about, but I could not believe what I saw until I saw it listed.

I understand making a profit, and that's awesome. But to gouge the price like that...well, it will only cause the game to stay listed on Ebay for many years without any "bites", mainly because of the condition of the box.

It's funny because there was another person bidding for it (lost, btw). It was another reseller called "masterkanaargames", but lost to the current buyer/seller. I was going to bid, but the box was in nasty shape, so I decided against it. Awesome too, since I found it miles cheaper and minty from a friend a few days later. :)

Still, why not relist the game for 3-4 times more instead of over 10 times more? I would presume a more realistic price of $50 BIN would entice buyers instead of over over $150+.

I just hope the seller does not complain and wonder why it hasn't sold...for over a year! Because it's bound to happen, unfortunately.

You are off base with your BS! Price gouge? I think not. The box is in better shape than it appears and that is a good thing because I did my job and took accuarate pics. And no it wont be for sale for a year and why should I take $50 for it because you say so? Should I toss in the $189 one too just to make you happy? I should sell it at $50 because thats what YOU says its worth? I paid $189 for one so I should pass the deal onto someone else? Price gouge? How when its atleast $20-30 less than it sells for normally and I will accept less than that in a Best offer? Not $50, but less. Ok so it has flaws. Its still quite rare and I will see what offers I get. Thats why there is a Best Offer option. The fact is it doesnt matter what price I got it at! What is it worth to someone? So if trading this, you would ask for the same amount you paid for it in value in return? I doubt it and I dont know anyone that would trade this for a boxed 2600 version for example which is basically what you are saying because the price I obtained it for. You would trade it for a cheap game? I should sell it to you for $50 and then maybe you can resell it under an alias for $130 maybe? or anyone esle? The Tooth Protectors I just got is like new, no BS! So after I sell of the stuff that came with it, its gonna be about free probably. So I guess you would sell a mint Tooth protectors for $1 because you got a deal? Yea right, I'll believe it when I see it. Let us all know next time you get a deal and you have a double to resell. I want to see this game you would sell at a huge price discount just because you got a deal. I'll be waiting for it so let us know when you put your item where your mouth is. Guess what, if no one wants to pay for it, it wont sell. End of story. Still doesnt entitle you to dictate prices based on what someone bought something for. If you found a Lochjaw for $20, what would you sell it for if it was a double? $40? When you find that similar game, you let me know and list it so we all can see! I cant wait!

Heres the one I paid $189 for

So I should sell the 2nd one for much less and pass on the savings to someone else?

Ok, when you do the same, you let me know and I'll follow suit if it hasnt sold yet.

I have enough real life problems than to deal with anymore of your silliness and you shouldnt drag someones name through the mud (which is why this BS thread and ones like it gets under my skin) because you didnt get a game because you were unwilling to bid more for it. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

It's funny because there was another person bidding for it (lost, btw). It was another reseller called "masterkanaargames", but lost to the current buyer/seller. I was going to bid, but the box was in nasty shape, so I decided against it. Awesome too, since I found it miles cheaper and minty from a friend a few days later.

Hey please take some pics of this Minty game you got way cheaper than $15!

I want the number of that guy. Does he have anymore to sell?

And how could you know who the 2nd bidder was? "masterkanaargames", you say.

Funny because all that comes up is ***** with a charachter at each end.

You must have ESP. Did you tell the reseller to buy it and thats how you know?

I cant wait to see the pics of your minty game you just got! Please share ;)

And whomever is "givemegame" and has the account only to mess with other peoples listings,

get a life. I have reported your threatening email in ebay and your ID to Ebay and hopefully they remove you ass because it is clear from your feedback that you have that account only to mess with people and I wouldnt be surprised to find out it is someone here. Maybe we will find out? We shall see.

Fact is I am dead on and you know it.

No, you're not dead on. You couldn't be any further from the truth. If you have some tangible evidence to support any of what you're saying about me, then put up, or shut up.

Why should I pay $189 and $15 and sell the double for the $15?

Who would? No one here that I know of. When you have a point to make, then make one instead of just being sly all the time. Oh I guess with that being your name, I guess you must live the part.

Ok dude. It wasnt you. You have never bought a double and resold it in your life.

So I'll take that back so I can go to bed but you know Im right that if I bought 2 games, and I aid $189 for 1 and $15 for another, why should I just get back what I got a deal on and then In the end, I didnt get any deal, i paid top $ for my copy? To make someone elses day? Does anyone else sell aRare games for 10x's less than they are worth? NO That is the answer to that but anytime I get a double, I have to hear some BS about reselling. When you figure out how I can get rid of a double without selling it, besides trading because Im up for that too. Then you all let me know. Its not like I buy Atari Age boxed games for $35 and sell them for $200 just to make a grossly over inflated profit. What do i do? Keep 2? Sell the one at what I paid for it at $15 and then still had paid $189 only I got my original manual that I should have had in the first place back and in the meantime, lost money to fees? If I traded this for a similar title, that would be cool right? But its quite hard to trade anything when you own most of the library. Now Im done with this and Im going to bed. It wasnt you, I may have been wrong just like you and your PM comment is wrong, so keep any reference to me out of your posts please. Thank you and goodnight

Why, in the first place, are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller, and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite? And why are you defending your actions to me? Because I haven't made any commentary whatsoever in this thread about your acquisition and sell of this game. :idea:

Fact is, you have NO CLUE as to my opinion on this matter. This is all just a knee-jerk assumption on your part, born of your petty vendetta against me.

Fact is I am dead on and you know it.

No, you're not dead on. You couldn't be any further from the truth. If you have some tangible evidence to support any of what you're saying about me, then put up, or shut up.

Why should I pay $189 and $15 and sell the double for the $15?

Why, in the first place, are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller, and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite? And why are you defending your actions to me? Because I haven't made any commentary whatsoever in this thread about your acquisition and sell of this game. :lightbulb:

Fact is, you have NO CLUE as to my opinion on this matter. This is all just a knee-jerk assumption on your part, born of your petty vendetta against me.

Vendetta against you? Get real!

Show me one time I reference you in any post before you reference me!

Go ahead! Oh you cant find one! How come you reference me every chance you get with a snide comment yet claim I am the one with the vendetta? That is clearly the biggest crock I have ever heard. Fact is, I didnt and dont comment where you are concerned even when I disagree with you because I dont need your BS like you cant let lie here once again so I never comment anymore if you are in a thread unless it is mundane and not directed towards you, unless of course you personally make a snide remark about me as you have here once again. You make a snide remark about me every chance you get. If anyone has a vendetta, it is clearly you. I said I maybe wrong about the Water Ski, obviously something you can NEVER DO is admit to being wrong even in the face of facts. It is quite simple, keep any reference to me out of your posts and you and I never have to talk. But you can't seem to do that because you love busting chops, making snide remarks about people and generally starting trouble. What I am wrong? Do you ever see me going around posts making snide comments who's only intention is to incite others? No of course not! I am emphatically 100% right about everything (save for the Water Ski NIB) I have stated here and even though I know that I am not always right like apparently you think you are right all the time, I am 100% correct in this instance with no 2nd guessing. So take your victim/vendetta speech and leave me out of your posts please and keep me and any reference of me out of your posts as well. For the last time, PLEASE!

Thanks, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good day ;)

Edited by Phantom

Go ahead! Oh you cant find one! How come you reference me every chance you get with a snide comment yet claim I am the one with the vendetta? That is clearly the biggest crock I have ever heard. Fact is, I didnt and dont comment where you are concerned even when I disagree with you because I dont need your BS like you cant let lie here once again so I never comment anymore if you are in a thread unless it is mundane and not directed towards you. You, however, make a snide remark every chance you get about me. If anyone has a vendetta, it is clearly you. I said I maybe wrong about the Water Ski, obviously something you can NEVER DO is admit to being wrong even in the face of facts. It is quite simple, keep any reference to me out of your posts and you and I never have to talk. But you can't seem to do that because you love busting chops. What I am wrong? How about I am emphatically 100% right about everything I have stated here and even though I know that I am not always right like apparently you think you are right all the time, I am 100% correct in this instance with no 2nd guessing. So take your victim/vendetta speech and leave me out of your posts please and keep me and any reference of me out of your posts as well. For the last time, PLEASE!

Vendetta or not, it doesn't matter to me, just tell me why are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite, when I haven't made any commentary whatsoever about your acquisition and sell of this item and you have no idea what my opinion is on the matter?

And FACTS!?! FYI, deliberately mischaracterizing someone without a shred of evidence to support your wild accusations doesn't constitute facts. Like I said, if you have any real facts about what I buy and sell, then put them up or shut up.

That sort of thing never bothered me. I have purchased some game lots for the 7800 (9 CIB games and 5 loose for $31) and resold the ones I did not need (doubles) or did not like and made back more than I paid for the whole lot (Which then in turn went to the purchase of other games).

Go ahead! Oh you cant find one! How come you reference me every chance you get with a snide comment yet claim I am the one with the vendetta? That is clearly the biggest crock I have ever heard. Fact is, I didnt and dont comment where you are concerned even when I disagree with you because I dont need your BS like you cant let lie here once again so I never comment anymore if you are in a thread unless it is mundane and not directed towards you. You, however, make a snide remark every chance you get about me. If anyone has a vendetta, it is clearly you. I said I maybe wrong about the Water Ski, obviously something you can NEVER DO is admit to being wrong even in the face of facts. It is quite simple, keep any reference to me out of your posts and you and I never have to talk. But you can't seem to do that because you love busting chops. What I am wrong? How about I am emphatically 100% right about everything I have stated here and even though I know that I am not always right like apparently you think you are right all the time, I am 100% correct in this instance with no 2nd guessing. So take your victim/vendetta speech and leave me out of your posts please and keep me and any reference of me out of your posts as well. For the last time, PLEASE!

Vendetta or not, it doesn't matter to me, just tell me why are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite, when I haven't made any commentary whatsoever about your acquisition and sell of this item and you have no idea what my opinion is on the matter?

And FACTS!?! FYI, deliberately mischaracterizing someone without a shred of evidence to support your wild accusations doesn't constitute facts. Like I said, if you have any real facts about what I buy and sell, then put them up or shut up.

Hey Loudmouth, how about Post #2 is the FACT for one instance of your vendetta.

Number 2, why dont you shut the hell up for once?!

I said I was wrong about that ONE game I mentioned. I said I was wrong.

Are you saying youve never resold a game in your life????

Dude get a life and whenever you want to say something to me personally, you come to any PA show and tell me there how much you disagree with me and until then, YOU SHUT UP AND KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR POSTS! Im tired of you and your BS trouble-makin and you think youre going to tell me to shut up when you are one of the biggest trouble makers in this joint? so have a nice life and if you want to settle this like a man, you let me know, otherwise keep your baby mouth shut.

Edited by Phantom

Number 2, why dont you shut the hell up for once?! I said I was wrong about that ONE game.

Dude get a life and whenever you want to say something to me personally, you come to any PA show and tell me there how much you disagree with me and until then, YOU SHUT UP AND KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR POSTS! Im tired of you and your BS and you think youre going to tell me to shut up when you are one of the biggest trouble makers in this joint so have a nice life and if you want to settle this like a man, you let me know, otherwise keep your baby mouth shut.

I'm tired of you too. Why don't you quit avoiding it and just answer my question?

For the third time... Why are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite, when I haven't made any commentary whatsoever about your acquisition and sell of this item and you have no idea what my opinion is on the matter?

You seem to think that I've come down on you for reselling this game. Please show me where in this thread I did so.

Everything you're getting worked up about here is a direct result of you faulty assumptions on that matter.

Number 2, why dont you shut the hell up for once?! I said I was wrong about that ONE game.

Dude get a life and whenever you want to say something to me personally, you come to any PA show and tell me there how much you disagree with me and until then, YOU SHUT UP AND KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR POSTS! Im tired of you and your BS and you think youre going to tell me to shut up when you are one of the biggest trouble makers in this joint so have a nice life and if you want to settle this like a man, you let me know, otherwise keep your baby mouth shut.

I'm tired of you too. Why don't you quit avoiding it and just answer my question?

For the third time... Why are you attempting to establish that I'm a closet reseller and, therefore, some sort of hypocrite, when I haven't made any commentary whatsoever about your acquisition and sell of this item and you have no idea what my opinion is on the matter?

You seem to think that I've come down on you for reselling this game. Please show me where in this thread I did so.

Everything you're getting worked up about here is a direct result of you faulty assumptions on that matter.

Avoiding what? Are you insane?

I am not trying to establish you are or ever were a reseller.

My point in general was that most people resell or trade doubles and they dont do it at bargain basement prices whether they got it for a $1 in a thrift or paid top $

I said I was wrong about Water Ski. It was another Chris, just not as sly as you.

Now go about your life and keep me and any reference of me out of your posts PERIOD.

It is quite simple but you obviously love to mess with me.

Now Im going away from the computer because you are too aggravating of a person to deal with. I recanted that you resold Water ski about 5 times here yet you cant get it through your thick skull.

The part about Water Ski is only a minute part of this and really has no bearing on this anymore but you want to make it a big deal and ok, if you never resold a game, then good for you. This has nothing to do with Water Ski that I mentioned anymore but you love to keep going. Ok so we both shut up unless you want to continue to make ridiculous posts but I recanted it so leave it alone or what do yo want? A full page ad in the Daily News recanting it? I'll do that as soon as you admit to making snide remarks about me every chance you get. Deal? Deal! have a good one and if you want to start more trouble, it will have to be elsewhere because Im going to take another hiatus from this place because you wear on me and I need a break from your BS so have fun and talk to yourself and ask yourself dumb repetitive questions over and over that have been answered now for about the 6th time. Have a great Holiday! I will pray for you.

Edited by Phantom

You still haven't answered my question, but I made my point, and I don't care anymore.

Let's get one thing straight; I've never wanted any trouble with you. Like I told you in a previous thread, if you weren't so eager to express your antagonistic feelings towards me, you might discover that we have some things in common, like this issue, for instance.

I don't have a problem with you buying a CIB game to get a manual and insert, then liquidating the parts you don't need. I'm not sure if your asking price is realistic, but if it isn't, it won't sell. I would also remove the 2600 manual from the auction as it's inclusion instead of a 7800 manual could lead to a misunderstanding with a potential buyer.

We have a difference of opinion about what constitutes an unjust remark. As history has taught me, it's not worthwhile to explore that difference with you.

You still haven't answered my question, but I made my point, and I don't care anymore.

Let's get one thing straight; I've never wanted any trouble with you. Like I told you in a previous thread, if you weren't so eager to express your antagonistic feelings towards me, you might discover that we have some things in common, like this issue, for instance.

I don't have a problem with you buying a CIB game to get a manual and insert, then liquidating the parts you don't need. I'm not sure if your asking price is realistic, but if it isn't, it won't sell. I would also remove the 2600 manual from the auction as it's inclusion instead of a 7800 manual could lead to a misunderstanding with a potential buyer.

We have a difference of opinion about what constitutes an unjust remark. As history has taught me, it's not worthwhile to explore that difference with you.

Well,

I dont see how I didnt answer your question. But Im glad we can finally move on.

But Chris, if the only time you address me is with snide remarks and expect me not to be offended, then how can you expect me to react in any other manner than defensive? I am not eager to engage you in ugly and draining conversation, but the only time we engage is after you've made a snide remark directed at me and you know that is true. Im not eager to have these discussions with you and I do realize we have much in common which surprises me that even still you have to get a digg in towards me at every oppty.

Even now when you are subtely being civil towards me you squarely place all the blame on me for our disgreements. I dont need aggravation and that is not why I come here. So hopefully we can be more civil to each other from now on. Cheers and hopefully, another useless thread is done.