IGNORED

Any love for Laser Blast?

Rik

My gramma made a big stink of laser blast since she was totally amazed that it was a cartridge by another company other than atari. Should we try it? Should we not try it? She was so serious, there was a huge discussion if we should get it or not, and if it was any good; as if to say if it was bad then things at home would get bad.. Ohh my!! I mean a huge HUGE discussion entailed for like 2 days! OMG!

• 2 weeks later...
I came upon some reviews for Activision Laser Blast,and all said the game was pure crap.I havent played it in a very long time,and forgot what it was like.I did last night and i found it to be a great game,addictive,i cant put it down.I must say,its short on the sound effects,but i like it.Thats why i always see for myself if i like a game or not,reviews dont mean much to me,everyones taste is different.I mean most common games like this can be had for a couple of bucks,cant really go wrong.Anyone else hate or love this game?just curious as to how many others think this is a stinker.

I really like it, though shooters are my favorite!

I remember taking offense to that comic back when it came out.

Really? Like insulted or something because I didn't like something you did? What an odd thing to feel offended about.

Exactly! You understand completely. How dare you dislike something I like! Doesn't everyone know that all standards of everything are based solely on the rock solid law that is my opinion!

Edited by Godzilla

What I loved about Laser Blast was the instantaneous nature of the assault beam. Every other Atari game I had used moving shots. I got a lot of satisfaction out of laying waste to the vehicles with this ultimate destruction gun. But it does get boring. The game needs more variety. But the laser effect itself is cool, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I got it for Christmas 1982 I think, along with Activision Tennis.I liked it It had nice sprites colours and sound effects.

Looking at it today though I think it could have been improved on maybe enemy aircraft in addition to the ground guns.

Would make a really nice hack for someone to do.Call it Laser Blast Extreme Condition.

Edited by Bountybob