IGNORED

Wanted: People to help with News postings

Albert

I don't get the opportunity to post news to the front page of AtariAge as often as I'd like. To that end, I'd like to try and enlist the aid of fellow AtariAge members who might be interested in contributing news items. This would involve writing up one to two paragraph news blurbs, an appropriate title, and (optionally) finding an appropriate image for the news posting. I would then edit the text as necessary, properly scale the image and post up the news on the front page if it's something I feel is worthy and relevant to AtariAge. You would be credited for the news posting, with a link to your forum account (if you look at all the news on the front page of AtariAge, you'll see they are all attributed to "Albert" and link to my forum profile). I also always start up a forum topic regarding the item, if one does not yet exist.

News that I would consider relevant includes:

- New Atari 2600/5200/7800/Lynx/Jaguar homebrew releases

- Atari-related prototype discoveries/releases

- New issues of Atari-related publications (newsletters (printed or online))

- Gaming expo announcements

- Atari-related emulator announcements/updates

- New Atari-related hardware/software announcement/releases

- Major Atari Corporation-related news

And so forth. If it's classic gaming related in some fashion and has an Atari slant of any kind, then I'll consider posting it. If it's not Atari-related, I may still consider posting it, but don't feel bad if I choose not to. :)

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks!

..Al

For those who don't want to want to submit written up news stories, even just submitting a link to an interesting article or classic gaming item is a big help. I don't have time to scour the forums here or the net in general, so I will often miss something of interest. A PM to me with a link to the forum post or external site goes a long way. :)

Thanks!

..Al

Might be able to help, but i mainly surf in the evenings though
I'll help.

Great! I already have a few interesting news items that I'll be posting upon my return home tomorrow. Will be nice to keep a steady flow of news postings on the front page. As well as discussions about them in the forum.. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I sent in two that were not posted.

The first was a feature gamasutra did on PONG that I thought was really neat.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3900...id_missing_.php

The second was an excellent write up on the Atari Touch Tablet from technologizer

http://technologizer.com/2009/01/19/ataris...retro-unboxing/

I used the Submit News Link on the front page:

http://www.atariage.com/news/submit.php

Granted I did not write a synopsis, but I was still surprised not to see them posted (at least the atari tablet one) since they were pretty relevant and recent. Is that not the way to send in news?

I sent in two that were not posted.

The first was a feature gamasutra did on PONG that I thought was really neat.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3900...id_missing_.php

The second was an excellent write up on the Atari Touch Tablet from technologizer

http://technologizer.com/2009/01/19/ataris...retro-unboxing/

I used the Submit News Link on the front page:

http://www.atariage.com/news/submit.php

Granted I did not write a synopsis, but I was still surprised not to see them posted (at least the atari tablet one) since they were pretty relevant and recent. Is that not the way to send in news?

I will definitely be posting the Atari Tablet one, probably today. It takes time to research and write up news postings and unfortunately I'm not getting paid to do so. :) I do appreciate the links you sent in, please continue to do so. I may post the Pong one as well, but the tablet posting will go up first.

..Al

I will definitely be posting the Atari Tablet one, probably today. It takes time to research and write up news postings and unfortunately I'm not getting paid to do so. :) I do appreciate the links you sent in, please continue to do so. I may post the Pong one as well, but the tablet posting will go up first.

..Al

Great! I will keep my eye out for others then and keep sending in the links the same way. Just was not sure if that was the best way to get news to you. I understand about the time (and the no pay). I've run two gaming sites in the past that ate up time and money, but nothing the size of this site. You are appreciated :)

EDIT: Had to fix my Smile face :D

Edited by xZanU

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool if you could get help with (or get rid of) sections like "in development", makes the site look abandoned if you find it through google and come to a pages that haven't been updated in half a decade or more, and half the game pages have links to off-site reviews that no longer exist...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the last Atari Age update on the front page was in Oct. of last year.

i hope everything is ok.

It is a bit sad that the front page hasn't been updated since October.. :ponder:

Everything is okay, but I have been seriously busy with my new job and working 60+ hour work weeks. That's made it very difficult to take the time to post news on the front page. I could very much use some help with this. I don't have time at present to scour the forums here or look at other classic gaming sites for interesting news to post. Being pointed at interesting news stories or threads is the first step in getting a news item posted. Writing up a one or two paragraph description of the item is then a huge help, and finding a relevant image I can post along with the news text is the last piece of the puzzle. The more of these pieces I have, the more quickly I can post news to the front page. I could start a new thread where people could submit news in this nature and then I can select (and edit as necessary) items for the front page.

..Al