IGNORED

FOR SALE: ESTABLISHED ONLINE CLASSIC AND MODERN VIDEOGAME RETAIL BUSINESS

gooddealgames

When I have launched ReVival magazine in English language (since issue #29, now issue #37!), I have naturally contacted

Michael because, as a simple customer, I have a good feeling and good relationship with him. So, I wanted to see

Michael selling ReVival English issues. I think he is the perfect person to do that, not only for business you

know! I am making ReVival on my spare time, only because I love retro games and the homebrew scene, not only on

Atari systems! And Michael is like me!

I am considerering Michael as a very good friend now, he is a honest guy and he really makes huge efforts to support

homebrew scene, on every system.

So, I am sad to read a post like that and really hope he can find the energy and the time to continue with

GoodDealGames. But sure, family and other things like that are the most important things. Not easy to chose for

sure and I don't want to be at his place now!!!!

So Michael, keep up the good work and you can count on me for the years to come!

---------

http://revivalgames.org/welcome.php

100% homebrew and retrogaming on every system!

Try a free download (issue #32) in pdf format.

yes! EVERYBODY should read the excellent ReVival magazine :cool:

Edited by lucifershalo

I have sold my entire inventory of 10,000+ games. The good news is that I have retained the GDG name, website and the domain. So, Good Deal Games will remain operating but as a hobbyist site. Currenlty, sales will only be the GDG releases (GDG brand items such as our Sega CD and Colecovision games, audio CDs, et cetera) and the new upcoming GDG will be a website with a HOMBREW focus. So, instead of selling 10,000 items for all systems, we will carry, say 100 items, that are mostly homebrew, rare or anything else that tickles my fancy. No common stuff, etc. We will also still carry the magazines I write or do artwork for (ReVival, Video Game Collector, Video Game Trader, Hardcore Gamer, etc. ) as well as all book releases I'm involved with by Leonard Herman.

Again, a KIND and SINCERE THANK YOU to all those that have crossed my path over the last few years.

I will still be "be on the scene" so to speak, just with less bulky games ;-)

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

I have sold my entire inventory of 10,000+ games. The good news is that I have retained the GDG name, website and the domain. So, Good Deal Games will remain operating but as a hobbyist site. Currenlty, sales will only be the GDG releases (GDG brand items such as our Sega CD and Colecovision games, audio CDs, et cetera) and the new upcoming GDG will be a website with a HOMBREW focus. So, instead of selling 10,000 items for all systems, we will carry, say 100 items, that are mostly homebrew, rare or anything else that tickles my fancy. No common stuff, etc. We will also still carry the magazines I write or do artwork for (ReVival, Video Game Collector, Video Game Trader, Hardcore Gamer, etc. ) as well as all book releases I'm involved with by Leonard Herman.

Again, a KIND and SINCERE THANK YOU to all those that have crossed my path over the last few years.

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

Good to hear! Will you still go to the occasional game show? CGE, TMG, etc?

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

glad to hear that you're able to find a solution to this problem.

hope to hear from you soon.

Great news indeed! So you'll still be involved in ColecoVision homebrew publishing? If yes, don't forget that I have several hundred brand new ColecoVision cartridge casings for sale! Well, actually, they're not quite ready for sale yet, but as I'm writing this, it's only a matter of a weeks now! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it all seems to have worked out quite nicely. A much smaller operation should be manageable, and I can focus more on what really excites me, the homebrew scene. Nothing makes me smile more than popping a new game into a vintage console. Speaking of which, GDG will have two new interviews online with homebrewers this week, so be sure to check 'em out.

Again, I truly and honestly appreciate all the support that my family received - classic gamers are truly the best! I do plan on attending shows, I may be able to attend more of them now, actually. Hope to see you soon!

best,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it all seems to have worked out quite nicely. A much smaller operation should be manageable, and I can focus more on what really excites me, the homebrew scene. Nothing makes me smile more than popping a new game into a vintage console. Speaking of which, GDG will have two new interviews online with homebrewers this week, so be sure to check 'em out.

Again, I truly and honestly appreciate all the support that my family received - classic gamers are truly the best! I do plan on attending shows, I may be able to attend more of them now, actually. Hope to see you soon!

best,

Michael

I have no idea how difficult it was for you to deal with some personal difficult choices, so excuse me for that. I know we didn't talk much lately, but I want to wish you a happy new year.

Because of your passion, you want to re-launch GDG, wich is great news.

In the past, you told me about GDG and the possibility of publishing my Coleco games... and it became a reality. Some people still telling me that I should publish more boxed games like you did... and to these people I did say : "yeah, I know, but I can't make boxes, other people do it for me when it's possible."

Re-launching the GDG means the possibility to also releasing new games. Which is great! And I hope I can help you with that. At this moment, I have no game to publish, but I will consider making a special game for your re-launch. I still have old projects to finish and I may find time to make a new one for you, it will depends on many things including my job hunting. Also I still want a copy of the eskimo game made by Marcel de Kogel.

My actually planning is :

1- Making the sequal "Minigames cartridge vol.2", to be release during the Adamcon this summer.

2- Making a brand new game for the 10 years anniversary of CCJVQ, to be release this summer too.

3- A special game for my 10th anniversary of coleco homebrew, to be release next year.

4- I still have some older projects to do like Jewel Panic and I should find time to finish them.

5- Buying party hats, beers and a giant cake... wait that's not a Coleco project.

As a side onte : I did gave my Jeepers Creepers game to AtariAge... so it will be re-release eventually... and I did receive a message from a game magazine for an interview to ask me why coleco and what I had to do to make this game, in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, and we are VERY EXCITED to have you on board concerning the NEW GDG with Homebrew focus. Your Colecovision games are fantastic and we always welcome a new game or two to play on my "first love."

Let's talk and regroup and make something magical happen!

Long live the Colecovision!

Best,

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

Thanks for the kind words, and we are VERY EXCITED to have you on board concerning the NEW GDG with Homebrew focus. Your Colecovision games are fantastic and we always welcome a new game or two to play on my "first love."

Let's talk and regroup and make something magical happen!

Long live the Colecovision!

Best,

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

So who bought out the GDG stock?

• 2 months later...

We are happy to announce that the new GDG store HOMEBREW HEAVEN is now online!

We invite you to come check it out - over 300 homebrew games all in one location.

Be sure to check out the Atari 5200 and Atari 7800 listings in particular!

There are dozens of other surprises too, so be sure to poke around!

Several projects in the works, and we also added several new interviews with homebrew programmers.

If your a homebrewer and we haven't contacted you yet, please contact us and we'll talk.

Thanks again to Albert of Atari Age for all his help and support, as well as the GDG faithful over the years.

This new venture, while smaller, has me quite excited and should prove to be a quite a ride.

It sure is nice to be back :-)

best,

Michael of GDG's Homebrew Heaven

www.GoodDealGames.com

• 3 weeks later...

Wow just found out about the new direction with your site and It is very well laid out and easy to navigate.Placed an order for a couple 7800 games and was amazed at the almost instant reply on a saturday night I honestly didnt expect one until at least monday.

Looking forward to purchasing more goodies from you in the near future :)