IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED? Weekly Top Ten for 2009

cvga

Sorry, I just noticed that I forgot to post my times for last week (from June 8th through June 14th). Here they are:

Amidar (Arcade)... 29 minutes (HSC game)

Panky the Panda (2600)... 2 minutes

Strip-Off (2600)... 2 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla Mockup by Cybergoth (2600)... 2 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla Mockup by vdub_bobby (2600)... 3 minutes

Rip Off (Arcade)... 3 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla (Arcade)... 6 minutes

The last 5 were all inspired by the new homebrew "Strip-Off" which was posted by Neuronic. It looks very much like Cosmic Guerilla, although he actually intended to do a port of "Rip Off", but then started to change around game elements. That's why, after playing his version, I went to compare it to the two other mock-ups of Cosmic Guerilla that have been posted by Cybergoth and vdub_bobby some years ago, as well as the original arcade version and the original version of "Rip off".

Other than that, I played more "modern" games which are beyond the scope of this thread... Restaurant City (Facebook), Kapiland, Illegal parking (Facebook) and Level R.

Panky the Panda (2600)... 2 minutes

Strip-Off (2600)... 2 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla Mockup by Cybergoth (2600)... 2 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla Mockup by vdub_bobby (2600)... 3 minutes

Cosmic Guerilla (Arcade)... 6 minutes

The last 5 were all inspired by the new homebrew "Strip-Off" which was posted by Neuronic. It looks very much like Cosmic Guerilla, although he actually intended to do a port of "Rip Off", but then started to change around game elements.

You crack me up with some of the most obscure games that you come up with to play! :)

Donkey Kong Country 4 (NES) - 5 minutes

Super Mario World (NES) - 30 minutes

Aren't these both SNES games? That makes them ineligible for this Top Ten (although I'm still interested in what people are playing)

Lots of Arcade titles added this week. Only 2 more weeks until a summary of the first half of the year. Until then, here's the Week #24 Top Ten...

1. Galaxian (2600) 620 minutes

2. Kaboom! (2600) 183

3. Dragster (2600) 135

4. H.E.R.O. (2600) 90

5. Delta Force Sniper (2600) 70

6. Moon Patrol (2600) 65

7. Amagon (NES) 60

7. Galaga (Arcade) 60

7. Mouse Trap (COLV) 60

10. Tempest (Arcade) 45

ColecoVision

Mouse Trap 350 mins

4.8 million on skill level 1 - good for second place on the TG scoreboard and shipping the tape out tomorrow

I was on pace to crush the record but I had other stuff to do...I'll better arrange my schedule next time

Let me guess what the top three will be for next week - Galaxian / Mouse Trap / Kaboom

When does the week run - Mon through Sunday or Sunday through Saturday?

Here are my times for this week (15th through 21th of June):

Road Blasters (Arcade)... 224 minutes in 2 sessions (actually, I don't know if this qualifies for this thread... it was the Arcade/MAME HSC game, but, like Super Qix, it bears a 1987 copyright date)

Universal Chaos (2600)... 33 minutes in 2 sessions (another HSC game)

Curse of Blackbeard's skull (2600)... 5 minutes

Lunar Leeper (C-64)... 20 minutes

Spare Change (C-64)... 80 minutes

Spare Change (Atari 8-bit)... 158 minutes in 3 sessions

I rediscovered "Lunar Leeper" while I was dusting off my C-64 in order to add some SID tunes to my music collection (I sample them in from the real thing). That was when I came across the disk of "Lunar Leeper". After that, I found "Spare Change", but strangely, the version I have crashes after the 5th or 6th level, so I tried the Atari 8-bit version instead... which seems to be closer to the Apple original (I suppose the Apple II was the original version), and also is much harder than the C-64 one.

now, that was a busy week!

2600:

Donkey Kong - 1h

King Kong - 5 min (jeez...)

Popeye - 10 min (without reading the manual, so i didn't know what to do!)

Pooyan - 10 min (the same story as with Popeye :) )

Q-bert - 10 min

Crystal Castles - 10 min

Pitfall II - 5 min (i intended to give it a proper session, but i was having problems with simplest obstacles, so i switched off to avoid frustration. But still, this is one of the best - if not THE best - games for the system)

Pygmy (Quelle release of Lock'n'Chase) - 20 min

Rampage - 30 min (i love this game, and one day i am going to sit to get a proper score :) )

Road Runner - 30 min (beep-beep!)

and my game of the week, in my opinion one of the most underrated games for 2600:

Porky - 4 hours (and i've managed to find a way through that first highway screen straight to the scaffolding!)