IGNORED

Best unreleased prototype games?

KIWASABI

I don't know but I would love to play Resident Evil on GBC or Biohazard 1.5 on psx...

I would assume that RE on GBC got cancelled because Resident Evil Gaiden on GBC was garbage and didn't sell well. IGN gave Resident Evil Gaiden a 4/10. I would imagine you aren't missing out on much.

As for Biohazard 1.5, what is that exactly?

One other thing. I saw a while ago that someone sold the disc that had the unreleased Dreamcast Castlevania Resurrection game on it. Does anybody know what happened to that? Someone spent over $500 on it iirc.

I don't know but I would love to play Resident Evil on GBC or Biohazard 1.5 on psx...

I would assume that RE on GBC got cancelled because Resident Evil Gaiden on GBC was garbage and didn't sell well. IGN gave Resident Evil Gaiden a 4/10. I would imagine you aren't missing out on much.

As for Biohazard 1.5, what is that exactly?

One other thing. I saw a while ago that someone sold the disc that had the unreleased Dreamcast Castlevania Resurrection game on it. Does anybody know what happened to that? Someone spent over $500 on it iirc.

hmm..Resident Evil GBC was I believe made before Gaiden by Virgin...don't know why they pulled the plug though.

Biohazard 1.5 =/= Resident Evil 2 scrapped beta with Elza Walker and Leon Kennedy as the protagonists and had a completely different storyline and alternate maps and backgrounds couple extra items like grenades...it was assumed to be about 80% finished.

Was that the Castlevania for 2000 with Sonia Belmont?

Biohazard 1.5 =/= Resident Evil 2 scrapped beta with Elza Walker and Leon Kennedy as the protagonists and had a completely different storyline and alternate maps and backgrounds couple extra items like grenades...it was assumed to be about 80% finished.

Was that the Castlevania for 2000 with Sonia Belmont?

That version of RE2 sounds pretty interesting. There are similar alternate versions of RE4 as well. If you look on youtube you'll see that there were about 3 completely different builds of RE4 before they settled on the one that released. I would assume that the other builds weren't as fun and were more of a learning experience than anything. When it comes to making games it's always a learning experience, which is why games often get scrapped (they just aren't fun).

As for Castlevania Resurrection, you are correct, it was supposed to come out around 2000 and starred Sonia Belmont. Here's the best article on it that I could find for you:

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/132/132004p1.html

Anybody have a link to info about that Blaster game for the 8-bit systems? It seems like that is very well liked. The 2600 and 7800 games that have been mentioned sound pretty interesting as well. Is Missing in Action more of a shooter or more of a beat-em-up? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

The 2600 and 7800 games that have been mentioned sound pretty interesting as well. Is Missing in Action more of a shooter or more of a beat-em-up? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

MIA is a beat-em-up. You get a gun briefly in a couple levels but everything else is fists and feet.

Mitch

...but how do you know if AD&D or Pink Panther is any good when you haven't even played them? :ponder:

Exact question I was about to ask. The thread makes as much sense as "What's the best book to read that hasn't been written yet?"

Crippled comparison.

After all, Pink Panther was finished and reviewed in detail by Tempest:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/p...pinkpanther.htm

And after reading his review and watching the screenshots, I have no doubts about the quality of this game.

8)

...but how do you know if AD&D or Pink Panther is any good when you haven't even played them? :ponder:

Exact question I was about to ask. The thread makes as much sense as "What's the best book to read that hasn't been written yet?"

Crippled comparison.

After all, Pink Panther was finished and reviewed in detail by Tempest:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/p...pinkpanther.htm

And after reading his review and watching the screenshots, I have no doubts about the quality of this game.

8)

What ever happened to that one that was on ebay a while back? Some of those screen shots look like they were taken from an emulator.

8)

Saying you like a game just cause someone else does or doesn't is pretty lame. You have not played AD&D or Pink Panther so in all reality you don't know if they are any good or not correct?

8)

Saying you like a game just cause someone else does or doesn't is pretty lame.

Not when Tempest has reviewed it.

I fully trust his opinion about the game.

All his other reviews are spot on too.

You have not played AD&D or Pink Panther so in all reality you don't know if they are any good or not correct?

AD&D wasn't on my list.

And once again: after reading Tempest's review and watching the screenshots, I have no doubts about the quality of Pink Panther.

8)

My personal favorites for the 2600:

Unknown Activision Proto #2

Pick Up

For some odd reason I find myself playing what there is of Sweat: the Decathlon Game, but it's not something I'd recommend.

I also second MIA on the 7800. I have not played Plutos and Sirius yet.

My personal favorites for the 2600:

Unknown Activision Proto #2

Pick Up

For some odd reason I find myself playing what there is of Sweat: the Decathlon Game, but it's not something I'd recommend.

I also second MIA on the 7800. I have not played Plutos and Sirius yet.

Sirius and Plutos have the best graphics I have ever seen on the 7800 by miles. Both are very fun games, I prefer plutos myself.