IGNORED

Tempest Xtreem Now Order Page from Video 61

Kjmann

If you look at the C64 scene, people make games and do various versions ie a cart, a tape or disc but they also do a digital download for 2 - 4 uk pounds which many like myself buy when its 2 quid. Yes they get pirated as will ANY game these days at some point but all I care is I've given something back to the programmer for their time and I'd do the same on the Atari if the price is right and I know I'm not alone..

I love that people do lovely packaging for the collectors but how about just doing a digital download for a fraction of the price just to get the Emulator equivalent of the MP3 buyer, wants the game, not looking for all the fancy extras.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Looks like Nosty has accidentally found a new purpose of his life - selling thousands of $1 Atari cart shells.... :D :D

I found some promising plastic boxes in the local shops and built the S/XEGS SRAMCART in one. However, it doesn't come in my XEs' cart slots easily and I had some strange problems lately, possibly due to bad connection.

I accidentally :) found out that these were the exact same cases used for homebrew C64 carts here....

post-9085-1232924450_thumb.jpgpost-9085-1232924471_thumb.jpgpost-9085-1232924485_thumb.jpg

They cost about 1 Euro.

I haven't tried these ones yet:

post-9085-1232924551_thumb.jpgpost-9085-1232924571_thumb.jpg

Dimensions in mm: outer 69 19 91, inner 63 14 74

The Commodre guys have these custom-made shells. I have some but I haven't compared them to Atari carts yet.

I know some people that may looking for cartridge shells. They have to hold the XEGS or similar cartridge board. Need the manufacture contact information. You can also send that information directly to Albert, the Atariage moderator.

I know some people that may looking for cartridge shells. They have to hold the XEGS or similar cartridge board. Need the manufacture contact information. You can also send that information directly to Albert, the Atariage moderator.

Those are the ones they use for the SIC and other carts, they are too wide for the 1200XL and won't hold an XE cart PCB. Do they fit the 400 and 800? The carts Atarimax uses will fit.

Those are the ones they use for the SIC and other carts, they are too wide for the 1200XL and won't hold an XE cart PCB. Do they fit the 400 and 800? The carts Atarimax uses will fit.

They have to fit the boards Atariage themselves are using which are slightly different from the XE Card PCB. The hole in the middle of the board is about the same spot but how the board has to be held in place is different. PCB is a different size.

Tempest Xtreem requires 64K RAM available on a 800XL, 65XE, 130XE, 800XE, XEGS, [64K 600XL]. It could not run on Atari Computers that could not swap out the Operating System ROM area. It changes the NMI vector at $FFFC to a custom routine it loads into ram. Has slightly less CPU overhead than the OS version because it uses self-modifying code for VBI and DLI addresses. So Tempest Xtreem does not run on 400/800 anyway.

I am working on a version of Tempest with VBXE support, but still runs on a native 64K Atari. Basically it detects if a VBXE chip is present and loads routines in place of the player/missile multiplexer and other graphics routines. Will be going on a larger bank switch cartridge.

We are trying to keep games on XEGS and other ROM bank switching cartridges instead of using flash carts like AtariMax and SIC! because those seem to loose the data we put in them. A few of you already experienced this problem. Lance at Video61 and now Albert here at Atariage are going to be manufacturing these games. A new version of Venture is being beta tested now and fits into a smaller bank switching cart. Another future possibility is a 5200 port. Its system requirements are less severe than Tempest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We have a version of Tempest with VBXE support, but still runs on a native 64K Atari. Basically it detects if a VBXE chip is present and loads routines in place of the player/missile multiplexer and other graphics routines. Will be going on a larger bank switching cartridge.

It will feature more webs, new webs, and a few changes from Tempest Xtreem. Webs can have more lanes, making them more challenging. Not going to say much more at this point.

• Like 5