IGNORED

Who here LIKES the original Pac Man?

Ferret75

I got it recently because it was included with a few other cartridges, and I have to say it's not that bad.

First of all, yes the ghosts flicker, but they never dissapear.

Second, the game's actually pretty fun. It's not the best Pac Man game by far, but I think it's pretty good.

I got it recently because it was included with a few other cartridges, and I have to say it's not that bad.

First of all, yes the ghosts flicker, but they never dissapear.

Second, the game's actually pretty fun. It's not the best Pac Man game by far, but I think it's pretty good.

I agree. I just ordered a copy the other day off of Ebay. I'm having fun reliving my childhood.

Had there been no arcade version first, we'd probably all love it.

But seeing the mess Atari created with the game was extremely dissapointing.

That being said, I enjoyed the game to some degree. When you compare it to the arcade version, it sucks. But on its own, it's not bad. Then again, I like the film Caddyshack II for the same reason.

I was very disappointed when I got the game back when it was initially released. It's the first title I ever remember there being a pre-order and waiting list created for. My aunt got it for my birthday and I was so happy since I knew how hard it was to get and how much it must have cost her.

True it's not that bad... I did play it but there was no alternative at the time of release. It just lacks the soul and vibe of the original.

Here were my initial reactions to this title:

This maze looks nothing like the arcade version!

All ghosts are the same color?

Where's the fruit? All I see is a square!

The escape tunnel goes vertical rather than horizontal?

Why does Pac-Man who never look up or down?

When did Pac-Man grow an eye?

What is with this color palette?

Where is the famous police siren?

Pac-Man was nothing but a huge disappointment to me and always will be.

Pac-Man Arcade is what Pac-Man should have been.

I can see why there was "war on drugs" in the 80s... I thought to myself whoever wrote this never played Pac-Man in their life or that were just too stoned to realize how bad this game is.

Having watched "Once Upon Atari" I now know the real reason why the game sucked so bad (the creator wanted it to be a 4K cart while management would only allow it to be a 2K title). I no longer blame the creator and place full blame where it belonged.

Atari missed a golden opportunity to expand their marketshare immensely but instead released this POS which pretty much killed the home game console as we knew it at the time.

Edited by tremoloman2006

Yes and no, when i first got it, when i was a kid, i wondered why it didn't recemble the arcade, and then played ms.pacman, I wondered even more!!!!

It is pacman and i love pacman games, so even though i was a real hack job, I still play it once in awhile.

whaka whaka whaka

Since it was a much over-hyped game based on an extremely popular arcade game that pretty much everyone was familiar with, it was a huge letdown. It's really hard to get past that. Yeah, if you look beyond "Pac-Man" and pretend there's no relation--uhrr, no, it still blows.

..Al

i to enjoyed it as a child, at the time i was just glad to have a"pacman game" i could play at home, ,yeah it was no where near the arcade game! but i played it for years none the less, and still do from time to time, all in all, ,all my early video game memories include mostly,, hours and hours of 2600 pac-man,

I was kinda lukewarm to it when I got it back in the day. My brother on the other hand played the HELL out of it! He saw something in it that I didnt. Also, I do believe the ghosts ARE different colors....very faint, but different...unless my eyes are finally just giving out on me....

I am old enough to have been a live when the arcade game came out and to find a machine open with out 20 people around it all waiting to play was damn hard, when Atari announced that they were coming out with a cart my hart came out my chest and after much looking around, my dad found a copy and brought it home, I was so crushed when I turned it on that I almost threw the damn thing in the trash. I do love the AtariAge Pac-Man arcade cart, its almost as good as the full size arcade game.

:ponder: :x :thumbsup: