IGNORED

If you could have any arcade machine in your house...

Ferret75

Then which would you have?

I think it would be cool to have Mortal Kombat machine personally.

My friend has an empty MK cabinet sitting in his garage. I think he plans on restoring it someday (going on 2 years now though).

I'm not sure I could just have 1. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/mame.html

If I had to choose 1 though it would probably be Defender.

~telengard

I'd have "Bombs Away" (because that's the one I actually do have in my house).

Other than that, there was an electromechanical race game called "Speedway" that I played at a classic video game exhibit and found fascinating.

Did you ever get that fixed up?

I would choose the arcade that I already have in my house, Donkey Kong 3.

I'd pick the hand assembled Pong that Al Alcorn wired and Nolan set up at Andy Capp's place....Al has it in his office (I think Nolan still technically "owns" it) and I have heard the offer of $10K passed around on it...its not for sale :)

Other than that, maybe one of the Stanford University Galaxy terminals that Computer History Museum has (that would entail a PDP mainframe to make it work...yeah, thats gonna happen) or the white Computer Space featured in Soylent Green (or the yellow one in Jaws). Still not sure that one on ebay a few years ago was the real deal.

As for general production machines, they are all "fairly affordable" and available, its just a matter of searching. I would say the Vectorbeam Speed Freak machine that I played as a kid at Six Flags over Texas would be pretty sweet to have.

CN

Hehe, I had a Death Race. It just wasn't working so I gave it to Chris Wilkson.

That's the problem with owning a coinop. Even if it works, if you don't know how to fix it, what will you do when it invariably breaks down?

If you don't know how to fix coinops it's probably better to just build a MAME cab.

Edited by mos6507

If you don't know how to fix coinops it's probably better to just build a MAME cab.

I can fix coinops (more or less) and a MAME cab is still a better idea in several ways. I know it's heresy and all, but I've cut down on my dedicated cabs for time/maintenance alone in that respect. :P

Edited by remowilliams

For childhood nostalgia, it's gotta be the rare Taito Space Invaders Pt 2 mirrored upright :D

However, that being said, for pure gameplay purposes, I need an arcade game that I've been playing for the past 20+ years and can still re-play again and again and still not tire of it.. and that list is very very short :lol:

So for that I say DEFENDER (a game I still am getting better at 20+ years later). Robotron, and Donkey Kong. All are easy enough to get, and I think I will this year. :ponder:

And Klov still hasn't added the pictures you sent (still pending, along with the pictures someone else submitted.)

They do atleast have this mention for you: http://www.vaps.org/members/member_detail....ember_id=397020

And Klov still hasn't added the pictures you sent (still pending, along with the pictures someone else submitted.)

They do atleast have this mention for you: http://www.vaps.org/members/member_detail....ember_id=397020

I was assured in a followup e-mail that they'd get to it. That was so long ago that I have given up on it completely.

I might update my project status on there when I eventually get back around to working on it, but I won't waste my time trying to post any pictures of any machine there again. I respect that it's a volunteer effort, that's why I went through the work to create the sized/cropped/white background/etc. pictures per their stated specifications . . . time wasted, lesson learned.

(It's generally a great reference site though and I recommend checking there when anybody is looking for information on old video games.)