IGNORED

If you could have any arcade machine in your house...

Ferret75

I'd have "Bombs Away" (because that's the one I actually do have in my house).

Did you ever get that fixed up?

Not yet. I cleaned the logic board, verified that the power supply was in the right voltage range, hooked up everything and gave it one shot to see if it would work. The monitor lights up, but no sign of any video signal being produced by the board.

I've since acquired an oscilloscope (PC-DSO, 2 channel analog, 8 channel logic analyzer, function generator) which should help me work my way from the clock out to find faults rather than probing around with a volt meter and logic probe hoping to stumble onto something.

(I'm currently using that scope on a project that challenges my intellect, analytical skills and creativity to a greater extent so will probably be able to maintain my interest in that until I achieve my goal. Then I'll go back to my custom controller project. Then I'll hit Bombs Away again. All of this will be after remodeling 2 bathrooms, laying new carpet in my sun room, pouring some concrete, etc.)

Personally I'd like a Black Knight 2000 pinball, but if you're not counting pinballs I'll say Mappy.

You and I have the exact same taste.

Black Knight 2000 > ALL

If I was limited to a single arcade machine, then it would be Warlords. A very close second is Sinistar.

Then I'll go back to my custom controller project.

Hey - bathrooms begone, don't loose sight of priorities! :D

Says the guy that possesses the only prototype in existence...I've gotten a few commitments on the mechanical construction end of things...bought chips that will resolve my biggest concern with it...bought some equipment to help get that chip working in the environment I need it to work in...need to do some self-education on SPI/I2C...one of these days maybe somebody besides you will get to play with one. :)

You'll be excited about my other project if I ever publicize what it is (which will be after I have a working prototype). :ponder:

Edited by BigO

I pumped way too many quarters into Galaga and Tempest. Amlost all of my meager $3.25 an hour paycheck from Hardees.

Unfortunately - These are also the hardest to find and the most $$$ arcade games now.

I am leaning toward getting one of the muli-game systems. A guy near Chicago sells on with 4600 games (you name it, it is in there). I can get a multi-game for just a little more than a Galaga or Tempest.

It may not be the real thing - but I will be able to play whatever I want.

Anyone have one of these?

I'll take Virtual On: Operation Moongate. There's no home version I've seen that accurately replicates the look and feel of the arcade.

Someone with the same answer as me!

Great choice Shadow! love that game! they took it out of the local arcade and it just sits in their storage... shame too

I want to pick it up but my arcades in basement and it doesn't fit through the door.

:P

:D

here is the one that is actually in my kitchen ...

after beiing tired of "cheeky mouse", the original game inside, i added a PC, monitor and interface inside and replace the old rusty buttons with some brand new happ equipment ...

and tried to add every game that has a cocktail mode ...

i also added a cheap desktop speaker set with a remote (that is the small grey box left of the joystick) that you can set the volume with!

very practical ... as you don't need to open up the table at any time

post-12-1231445416_thumb.jpg

post-12-1231445522_thumb.jpg

post-12-1231445706_thumb.jpg

post-12-1231445822_thumb.jpg

Edited by jahfish

I can't narrow it down to one, but I can rank them in order of want level:

1) Super Contra / Contra

2) Joust

3) Discs of Tron

4) Tempest

I currently have a Neo Geo MVS with about 20 games, and I love it. It's a huge space saver since it saves me having 20 dedicated machines :-p. In the future though I definitely want to get a vertical jamma machine that I can use for Super Contra, Contra, and Mercs (I already have a Mercs jabba board). Apparently Contra and Super Contra didn't do so well in the arcades out here since the machines are very hard to come by (I've never seen one for sale in the past 3 or so years that I've looked). I think it has to do with the fact that the machine limited you to only 3 continues. While this works great for the console versions to maintain replayability, it's rather lame to have an arcade machine basically tell you that it doesn't want to take your money anymore. In games like this players should always be able to see the end of the game so long as they're willing to keep dropping in quarters.

-Adam

Then which would you have?

I think it would be cool to have Mortal Kombat machine personally.

I am working on the Sit down Star wars that I bought, that was my dream machine :D

Me too. I have the ESB mod in mine as well....Needs a lot of cosmetic work and a few solder

joints fixed but it does work. Then there is my Gorf :love: :love: :love: