IGNORED

If you could have any arcade machine in your house...

Ferret75

Oh, it's not "just one arcade machine" so I'm going to go to town...

Computer Space

Pong

Sea Wolf

Space Invaders

Asteroids

Pac-Man

Ms. Pac-Man

Jr. Pac-Man

Galaxian

Galaga

Defender

Robotron

Breakout

Circus

Tron

Sinistar

Jungle King

Astro Invader

Lunar Lander

Magical Spot

Magical Spot II

Radar Scope

Arkanoid

Tazzmania

Eagle

Death Race

Satan's Hollow

Phoenix

Centipede

Millipede

Space Fury

Rip Off

Reactor

Carnival

Pepper II

Mouse Trap

Gun Fight

Wheels

Juno First

Pole Position

&

The Safe

I really enjoy the lesser known titles. Not only do some of them like Magical Spot have outstanding cabinet artwork, but the nostalgia of that game sitting off the beaten path of the arcade where they were always available since no one played these underdogs.

I had to really think about this one. I would have to say:

Yi Ar Kung Fu

I know it seems like an odd choice especially when I already have Gorf(works after warming up for about 20min), Berzerk (worked until about a month ago, bad op sensor in control I think), Asteroids (works, but cab has seen better days), Tempest (works sometimes, needs cap kit I think on the monitor), Atari Football (works but needs new controls and the picture is fuzzy) & Battle Zone (did work now the graphic are messed up and the collision stopped working). The thing is, when I bought those, I bought them because they were a deal I couldn't pass up. I never set out to buy those games. Unfortunately, it seems much harder to find a Yi Ar Kung Fu game than one of the above. :( Don't get me wrong I like those games (I like them more than I realized now that they mostly work) but, I still want Yi Ar Kung Fu.

Edited by pboland

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, in a dream world, my choice would be Professor Pac-Man. I never heard of it until I read about it in a Pac-Man collectibles book. I'd just like to play it and see what it was like. Since there's only as many as 100 around, and probably not even that many, I don't like my chances of ever seeing one in person.

Well, in a dream world, my choice would be Professor Pac-Man. I never heard of it until I read about it in a Pac-Man collectibles book. I'd just like to play it and see what it was like. Since there's only as many as 100 around, and probably not even that many, I don't like my chances of ever seeing one in person.

My friend Crazy Carl, Just sold his Professor Pac-Man cabinet.....it was gutted and turned into a Neo Geo cabinet, but under all the paint and even burned into the screen...Professor Pac-Man was very mush so still alive!

My friend Crazy Carl, Just sold his Professor Pac-Man cabinet.....it was gutted and turned into a Neo Geo cabinet, but under all the paint and even burned into the screen...Professor Pac-Man was very mush so still alive!

Cool! Have they ever had one on display at the classic gaming conventions? If there was one available to play, I would go to the convention just for that.

You give me a lot to work with, but was it the one where you ride a bike and it pedals a balloon flying around a blimp?

I forget what it was called, but it was this crazy ride/arcade game that came out in the late 90's. It was stupid and awesome at the same time!

No, its more like a spaceship/timemachine looking thing. I just remember the game being real hard so I never got too far into it. It was really fast and jerky.

• 1 month later...

You give me a lot to work with, but was it the one where you ride a bike and it pedals a balloon flying around a blimp?

I forget what it was called, but it was this crazy ride/arcade game that came out in the late 90's. It was stupid and awesome at the same time!

No, its more like a spaceship/timemachine looking thing. I just remember the game being real hard so I never got too far into it. It was really fast and jerky.

Prop Cycle?

Prop Cycle

I know this is shameless self-promotion, but since I just wrote a book about driving cross-country to pick up an arcade game...

... I gotta add myself to this discussion.

Crazy Climber! Definitely Crazy Climber! If I had the room in this tiny house, if I had the money to afford one, and if I had a red pickup truck to go get one, I'd LOVE to have Crazy Climber in my life. I haven't played it since CGE in 2003. I miss it so!!

Cheers,

Smeg