IGNORED

Zero 5

Flashball

I've received the game 2 weeks ago: I find it very very fun... but incredibly hard too. I'm always stop in the level 2 (difficulty novice!) with theses asteroids everywhere... but i had to try again before trying some cheat codes (if they exist...).

By the way, I bought this game because I've got a special offer from Telegames, and it worth the try!

What do you think of this game?

Impressive graphics, ridiculously difficult gameplay.

I have the same problem, graphics are very nice, game is fast but due to the great difficulty I don't play this game much.

Would be nice to have a joypad with fast rapid fire :D then the game would be a bit more playable.

The graphics are good, the framerate is great, and the difficulty is beyond insane! It proves you don't need everything texture mapped to look good.

Here's the cheat codes (taken from the Jaguar FAQ) so you can see the later missions. You have to at laest try the trench missions.

ZERO 5 (ZE5)
------
Cheat Codes:
At the Options screen, select Change Mission and highlight the high mission 
to be unlocked.  Hold Pause while entering code.  Sound confirms.
 Unlock Mission 1	  0,5,0,5,0,5
 Unlock Missions 1-2   6,8,9,2,1,4
 Unlock Missions 1-3   1,2,2,1,6,9
 Unlock Missions 1-4   6,7,6,3,9,6
 Unlock Missions 1-5   4,9,3,1,7,5
 Unlock Missions 1-6   3,2,9,7,8,1
 Unlock Missions 1-7   7,4,8,6,2,7
 Unlock Missions 1-8   2,4,9,3,4,7
 Unlock Missions 1-9   (unknown)
 Unlock Missions 1-10  2,7,6,5,4,9
 Unlock Missions 1-11  1,0,7,8,4,0
 Unlock Missions 1-12  2,9,7,4,3,0
 Unlock Missions 1-13  9,2,1,7,5,3
 Unlock Missions 1-14  3,8,5,1,7,9
 Unlock Missions 1-15  9,0,1,9,3,4

NOTE: Entering a mission-unlock code will lock all missions above and beyond 
that one, even if you've previously unlocked them.

Stephen Anderson

The graphics are good, the framerate is great, and the difficulty is beyond insane!

It's only hard if you insist on treating it as a twitch game. The game is pretty much entirely pattern-based, so if you treat it as a memorization game it gets a hell of a lot easier. I've played the entire thing from beginning to end on a single life.

Yes it's hard, but I love this game!

Just came across this, I was the owner of Caspian Software, it was many years ago now, the game is very stuff, but that's how we wanted it, we all came from an arcade background, and wanted to make a buttom bashing, heart pumping game. We did play through the whole game 3 times in our offices, but no more :) It was tough, and the guys often got finger cramp. Happy days!

Try playing the game using a projector in a dark room, that's how the game is meant to be played :)

Found on Atari Times ;)

It remains me I have to start a topic about Jag & projector... :)

Yes, I remember that Zero 5 thread as it was around the time SCPCD did his three different overclockings of a Jaguar running the game. :cool:

Although I really like Zero 5 and it does remind me of an arcade game. I get the same unpolished feeling from it as Gorf does and I don't really know what that is either;..... whether because it's like three mini-games rolled into one game with each of the mission segments not being developed to the extent that they would be if each mission was a full game release. ;) Or it's in space yes, but there is a lot of black space with minimal borders and minimal texure mapping, if any. Or it could be the crappy cartridge label that has no elaborate picture label - just Zero 5 in red in the crappy Telegames labeling tradition. :| - That the label is unfinished is negligible, of course, but it could be preceived subconsciously that the game is also.... - ok that's a stretch. :P

Regardless, It has a real arcade feel, great fun factor I think and difficulty that would eat grips of quarters if it was in a co-op unit.

:)

YEAH, I finally got the level 3!

This game is fantastic, I loooove it! it reminds me Tempest 2000, the only difference is that you don't have much time to learn how to play! Pure arcade feelings!

I think it's one of my favorite Jag games, perhaps the first one :cool:

oooooh my god, the level 4 is so hard!!! ;)

The trench and the the turret levels aren't that hard but I have a big difficulty with the controls on the bam bam levels especially shooting the rockets from the "worms". I really don't get used to that...I think it's more a motoric thing on my side than a memory problem :-)