IGNORED

Skunkboard rev 2

Tursi

We are pleased to announce that a reservation list has been created for the new rev 2 Skunkboards. These are not preorders! This list will track the interest of people so that we know how many people want boards and how many boards are available, so that we can distribute them, as well as to give people the warning they wanted last time and to get their name in.

To register, visit http://harmlesslion.com/sb/ and fill in the form. Please submit the form only once and hold onto your confirmation email. If you submit more than once be aware that we will only look at one of them.

The release date is not yet set, but we should have something to say in the next few weeks. Once release occurs, we will go through the reservation list and start contacting people for payment.

Although we will let you reserve as many boards as you like, if we don't have enough to meet demand we will reduce the count available when we contact you.

The version 2 boards have the following new features:

-8MB Flash

-Jaguar CD compatible (note that a BIOS update for the rev 1 boards should also be possible)

-Snazzy new look with a black PCB and new logo ;)

Specs are subject to change before release.

Boards will be $85 US each, plus shipping. For those who ordered version one Skunkboards, note that shipping is not yet calculated but will be slightly higher than before, since I lost money on each box shipped. ;)

http://harmlesslion.com/sb/

At this point you might be thinking: What is a Skunkboard? Why do I need one if I'm not a developer?

If you are a Jaguar developer, you already know that you need a Skunkboard. You can reserve two 8MB Skunkboards right now for less than the cost of a single 2MB Flash Cart or 2MB Alpine. Go. Now. I want you to have them first. :D

If you aren't a developer, you still need one. The Skunkboard lets you explore a whole new world of homebrew, demos, and prototype games that are available only as downloads online -- this is the secret half of the Jaguar library you can't collect on cartridge or CD.

The Skunkboard supports all the Jaguar homebrew formats, including Alpine files, Flash Cart files, and BJL files. There is no other peripheral for the Jaguar that supports all of these formats.

If you're not convinced yet, here's the #1 reason you need to reserve a Skunkboard: The last run sold out in 72 hours. :!:

- KS

Congratulations on shipping your second batch, I hope you won't run into issues with the PCB manufacturer this time :)

Thanks! Yeah, after the bad luck with that cheap Malaysian place, all the rev 2 boards were manufactured in the USA at twice the cost. The yields on the rev 2 boards are so much better that we saved money by paying more!

- KS

Yup, there are no excuses this time. We have a pre-pre-order list so that anyone who is interested can get in on the action.

Good move on ksunk & Tursi's parts to direct people to a central location where they can express their wish to purchase a skunkboard.

That way the list keeps track of itself :)

The new black PCB board looks a LOT cooler than the Malaysian one.

It's hard to capture with my lame photography skills, but the black is a really nice glossy black that is almost reflective. It's very cool to handle in person. :D

- KS

The new black PCB board looks a LOT cooler than the Malaysian one.

It's hard to capture with my lame photography skills, but the black is a really nice glossy black that is almost reflective. It's very cool to handle in person. :D

- KS

Numbers 24 and 25. (I submitted for one, saw that I could go for two, considered the price and said "What the heck!" and submitted again. :)

CD support... now THAT is the part that sounds interesting. I'll need to read more on that.

Thanks for letting us know here. :D

CD support... now THAT is the part that sounds interesting. I'll need to read more on that.

There's nothing to read, the board didn't used to boot when plugged into the JagCD. KSkunk has solved this problem for the new run (and we will probably be able to backport the fix to the old boards). It does not do anything specific with the JagCD.

I told you guys to be patient. ;)

That's like telling young kids on Xmas morning to calm down :) We're an excitable bunch.

Stephen Anderson

hehe.. it's okay now! It's gratifying to see that people like it. :)

Fair warning, about half the run is already reserved.

I told you guys to be patient. ;)

That's like telling young kids on Xmas morning to calm down :) We're an excitable bunch.

Stephen Anderson

hehe.. it's okay now! It's gratifying to see that people like it. :)

Fair warning, about half the run is already reserved.

Wow! This run seems to be selling out even faster than the first, less than 24hrs and already half of them sold! I'm glad I already got my reservation in, #14 :)