IGNORED

Atari 2600 S-Video Mod V2.2C Pre-Order

Finally! I am opening up preorders for the 2600 Version 2.2C of the mod.

2600 Schematic Picture V2.2C

2600 Schematic File V2.2C

2600 PCB File V2.2C

2600 Part List V2.2C

Fully Assembled Mod Kits will be $40 + $10 shipping.

Unassembled Mod Kit will be $20 + $10 shipping.

Blank PCBs will be $6 shipped.

Atari Modding service will be $100 + $15 return shipping.

If you own my V1 of the 2600 mod you can get an upgrade for $20 + $10 shipping.

Schematic and PCB design FREE!!!

Other thread about the mod here.

To preorder send me and Email using this form. In the title put something obvious like "Want to preorder 2600 Kit" or something. In the email tell me your name and what service you want. If you are outside the Continental USA please state so. Once I get a decent number of orders probably (20 or so kits) I will close preorders and send invoices to everyone that ordered. Payment will be by paypal. Turn around will be a month or less after preorders close. People who chose to ship there Ataris for modding should expect a bit longer. Please do not send an email if are not going to pay when invoices are going to be sent out.

post-12783-1231194574_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194585_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194595_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194615_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194625_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194653_thumb.jpg

post-12783-1231194641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longhorn Engineer

Finally! I am opening up preorders for the 2600 Version 2.2B of the mod.

Fully Assembled Mod Kits will be $40 + $10 shipping.

Blank PCBs will be $6 shipped.

Atari Modding service will be $100 + $15 return shipping.

If you own my V1 of the 2600 mod you can get an upgrade for $20 + $10 shipping.

Schematic and PCB design FREE!!!

What about a complete kit, but with the buyer having to solder up the PC board himself?

What about a complete kit, but with the buyer having to solder up the PC board himself?

$20 + $10 shipping.

Note that the parts will come unmarked in a bag so its up to you to read the resistor values and the like. This has been added to the first post.

Can these work in a portable unit? You sure know your electronics.

The mod is allot bigger (still fits in junior) then the mod used for portables. If you are making a custom from scratch case it will fit if you plan for it. When I get around to finishing my portable Atari I will be using this mod.

Do you have/sell kits for other systems? (5200/7800/CV to name a few)

At the moment no. Next on the list is 7800 and then 5200 will come up. I have these mods mostly complete (currently in V2.1) but the 7800 still has vertical lines that plagued the 2600 version. I hope to use the same circuit I used in the 2600 to get rid of them.

What's up?! :) Awesome to see your mod in action.Just a few quick questions.The 2600 you sold me....does it have the v1 mod in it?When you listed the upgrade ($20+10 shipping) is that a self install kit?Will it work on my HDTV?The 2600 I bought works awesome on my old CRT TVs,but gets snowy when I hook it up to my HD set.Thanks dude!!!!!!UR the mod king!NEPTUNE!

What's up?! :) Awesome to see your mod in action.Just a few quick questions.The 2600 you sold me....does it have the v1 mod in it?When you listed the upgrade ($20+10 shipping) is that a self install kit?Will it work on my HDTV?The 2600 I bought works awesome on my old CRT TVs,but gets snowy when I hook it up to my HD set.Thanks dude!!!!!!UR the mod king!NEPTUNE!

Hey Breakpack, Yes the 2600 you have has the V1 (actually you might have a pre V1 :rolling: ). The Upgrade is a self install only. Yes this mod works excellent on HDTVs with S-Video.

Just to be sure, the mod can only be used on NTSC consoles, right?

Hey Breakpack, Yes the 2600 you have has the V1 (actually you might have a pre V1 :rolling: ). The Upgrade is a self install only. Yes this mod works excellent on HDTVs with S-Video.

At the moment I have not tested the mod on PAL consoles. I am shipping a mod over to Mimo for testing :D . Now I know the CD4050 mod works on PAL consoles and the FMS6400 supports PAL frequencies but I would like to know for sure before saying yes.

[n00b]

Do I get real 1920 x 1080 output with this, or is this just lame-ass 720p?

How about HDCP?

I am so confused.

What about this whole digital switchover business, I thought I can't use my S-Video connector anymore?

[/n00b]

J/K :D

At the moment I have not tested the mod on PAL consoles. I am shipping a mod over to Mimo for testing :D . Now I know the CD4050 mod works on PAL consoles and the FMS6400 supports PAL frequencies but I would like to know for sure before saying yes.

:D looking forward to it, watch this space :D

Ok I will keep orders open for a couple more days. Orders will close Wednesday and everyone should be expecting invoices by that afternoon.

Thanks to all that have preordered!

edit//I updated the first post with V2.2C. Had to fix some details.

Ok I will keep orders open for a couple more days. Orders will close Wednesday and everyone should be expecting invoices by that afternoon.

Thanks to all that have preordered!

edit//I updated the first post with V2.2C. Had to fix some details.

Very nice upgrade!

Any idea as to when the 5200 and 7800 mods will be done?

I'd like to get them all at once with the 2600, so I can install them at one time.

Edited by Defender II