IGNORED

What happens when you Microwave an ET Cartridge?

phuzzed

See what happens when you Microwave an Atari 2600 E.T. Cartridge.....

You could make a series out of this ala Mythbusters...

See what happens when you drop 2600 Pac-Man into a vat of acid (or a frydaddy)... lol

I'd donate those cartridge shells to Al though before getting too carried away ;-)

Edited by save2600

that was neat. I wonder if the board inside would still play in a 2600 after you cleaned off the carbon scoring, that's what I'd be really curious about :) even more interesting if it 'fried' the cart, not destroying it completely, but creating a randomly modified version...

that was neat. I wonder if the board inside would still play in a 2600 after you cleaned off the carbon scoring, that's what I'd be really curious about :) even more interesting if it 'fried' the cart, not destroying it completely, but creating a randomly modified version...

It's amazing what sort of random crap one can find on you tube. Frankly, I think Pac-man was a better microwave candidate. I hate the atari 2600 version of Pacman. With a Passion.

Morons jumping the bandwagon... again.

Completely old hat.

8)

I agree.

Its also a shame because someone probably could use the cart for their collection.. I know I could..

You just can't find games around like you used to.

Morons jumping the bandwagon... again.

Completely old hat.

8)

I agree.

Its also a shame because someone probably could use the cart for their collection.. I know I could..

You just can't find games around like you used to.

I agree with you there. I don't have ET, but I do have 4 pacmans.

I do like watching things like this but....the thing that bugs me is these guys have probably never even given ET a chance. I am sure they just say it sucks because everyone else says it does. Yeah, it's not that great but for the last damn time it is NOT the worst game ever made. The GBA version is worse and they had 20 years to come up with a better game for the ET license. I would be willing to bet over half of the people who dis ET have never even played it. I know these guys haven't because they said Pac-Man was good..... :ponder:

I do like watching things like this but....the thing that bugs me is these guys have probably never even given ET a chance. I am sure they just say it sucks because everyone else says it does. Yeah, it's not that great but for the last damn time it is NOT the worst game ever made. The GBA version is worse and they had 20 years to come up with a better game for the ET license. I would be willing to bet over half of the people who dis ET have never even played it. I know these guys haven't because they said Pac-Man was good..... :ponder:

Hey, Pac-Man is good....... :cool:

Seems like a damn waste to me. This is the kind of thing that turns up when someone either has too much time on their hands or doesn't have a life. I have E.T. and i wouldn't do something like that. To me, it's an essential part of anyones collection if they are looking to get all or most games for one system. For some people, depending on where they live, it can be very hard to find even the most average of games.

Everybody knows, the only reason This game is so hated is because nobody really understands what you have to do,

Collect all the pieces of the phone thing...,

Collect candies for extra points,

Make your way home before timer goes off,

Done

lol

In a short short summary

I play my E.T

I wish that landfill thing was like

Found,

I'd so have a wall of them in my house

Plus they said "I'm too young to remember Atari"

All their "facts" come from the Wikipedia page which they also mention.

500,000 copies were buried in a Mexican landfill?

So yeah, if you're gonna slam a game for being the worst ever, maybe take the time to actually play it. Or just be old enough to remember some other games from that era which were CLEARLY worse.

But you know, if I had a video camera at that age and YouTube was around I'd probably have all sorts of my own stupid stuff up there too

Edited by godzillajoe