IGNORED

Colecovision (Adam) cart question - Project Name by Line

evg2000

According to this post Project Name By Line was a development cartridge for Adam, used to make Adam Super Games. I find that hard to believe, since I can only wonder why Coleco (who made all the Super Games) would use third-party dev software...

Thanks for the info, when I get it I will post some screen shots.

thanks,

Charles

According to this post Project Name By Line was a development cartridge for Adam, used to make Adam Super Games. I find that hard to believe, since I can only wonder why Coleco (who made all the Super Games) would use third-party dev software...

Thanks for the info, when I get it I will post some screen shots.

thanks,

Charles

That's weird that it's copyright 1989 and dated 1990. Who was doing Adam stuff then? I'm interested to see what this turns out to be.

y-bot

• 2 months later...

It was an internal Coleco tool distributed on disk. It uses special disks with no directory, to save the state. Form coleco employees call it "the Coleco Graphics Processor". It was floating around for a while, and the Walter Brothers made a cartridge version of it. It has a nasty habit of overwriting itself, since it doesn't use the directory, so have a converted version on cartridge is useful.

There are even some (incomplete) debug interface, that works over the fabled Coleco internal serial port.

I have Syd of Trisyd Video Games as a friend on Facebook now. He was in the same Coleco Adam club as I was (MTAG in Toronto). He had some good software with that sound digitizer.

Edited by hardhat

• 5 weeks later...

I wonder if they used that to create the "win" screen on the 2010 text adventure. I ask because that screen somehow got around the nasty habit of the graphics processor to overwrite the color in an adjacent 8 pixel area.

• 4 months later...

I wonder if they used that to create the "win" screen on the 2010 text adventure. I ask because that screen somehow got around the nasty habit of the graphics processor to overwrite the color in an adjacent 8 pixel area.

I bought that cart around 1990- 1991 when I was into my ADAM back in the days. Anyway if you have the cart, you can plug it in, start the system and then load any adam game you choose from tape or disk and when you have a screen you want to capture hit the cartridge reset and it will load the graphic program with the game screen you just had on (minus the sprites) so you can now edit or save it . I know this response is late but hope that helps!